ForumsThe TavernGeneral NBA Discussion

456 99716
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Who's going it all? Will the Nuggets come back? etc...

The finals is probably going to be the Heat vs Thunder. Well, that's what I think, so, what's your opinion?

• 456 Replies
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

I don't think he is good enough to carry the team. He is a great athlete but not the good enough.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Yeah, I don't think he's that high caliber of a player but the weak east teams are still pretty weak. Jennings gives them a better chance of clinching an 7th-8th seed like I said before.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I'm too lazy to examine each team's roster right now, so I'll reserve playoff seeding judgment for later. I would like to comment on some of bigger, more recent trades and signings though.

I think the Pistons have a better shot at getting that 8th seed this year than they did last year with the signings of Jennings and Billups. But they're far from a lock.

The Wizards signing Wall to a max deal for 5 years is a bit of a headscratcher. He's been a solid player so far with a pretty high ceiling, but he's definitely not worth a max contract. I honestly think this deal is gonna significantly limit the Wizards in the near future unless they score some nice draft picks. I'm not familiar with their cap space situation, but Wall is the only player on the roster so far (to my knowledge) that is even remotely close to All-Star status (and quite frankly, there's a plethora of talented point guards in the league).

Derrick Rose returning this season... Yes, he will instantly improve the Bulls squad. But how much remains a question. He may have been the youngest MVP ever, but I'm skeptical about his confidence these days. He took an entire year off cuz he didn't feel ready. Even if his body is physically ready, his mind may not be. Plus, with his ACL injury, I also wonder whether or not he'll be as explosive as he was in the past. In my opinion, his explosiveness was by far his best attribute.

Mavericks getting Monta Ellis and Devin Harris puts them in a good position to compete for one of the bottom seeds. At his best, Monta Ellis is an elite scorer. But he's a bit inconsistent. Nowitzki is starting to decline, so Ellis is most likely gonna have to take center stage. It's really not ideal, but his addition should improve their squad.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

How do you guys thinks teams like the Pelicans, Kings, and Mavericks will do.

like_mike_7771_2921
like_mike_7771_2921
1 posts
Nomad

Basketball team that are rebuild there squad going to hard next year.

Miami Heat
L.A. Lakers

Showing 451-455 of 456