ForumsThe Tavernhave you ever eaten the fried oreo?

35 5204
craig1997
craig1997
26 posts
Nomad

did you ever eat the fried oreo? was it good? pls tell me how it taste

• 35 Replies
djme
djme
125 posts
Shepherd

fried oreos are the best thing ever

om-nom-nom-nom-nom

(try fried milky-way too)

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

the first time i heard about it i wanted to taste it. now when i heard it again i wanted to taste it again. after seeing that pic it looks as if thats a heart attack you can eat (i still want to try it though XP)

but meh im in israel. im more then gratefull that we have normal oreos

jjrocks66
jjrocks66
912 posts
Shepherd

Fried Oreos? That sounds delicious, i would love to make some of those.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Anyone else think they look like -extremely- moldy Oreos? I almost feel sick looking at them.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Unbelievable. Is there anything you Americans won't fry?

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

no we even have fried butter!

ps we fry brits to xD jk
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Hmm...

I've never heard of fried...*10 minutes later* uhhh.

Aha! Fried grapes. If there are those, I will wholeheartedly believe that there is nothing we have not fried.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've never has a twinkie because I'm from the uk and after watching zombieland I have really wanted to eat one

If they aren't deep-fried, don't bother. Out of all the Hostess products, Twinkies are probably the least interesting.

THE SNICKERS BAR.

I'm still looking for that one, but I can't find it anywhere. Sounds mouthwatering, though.

I can't resist a deep-fried Oreo, especially if it's drizzled with chocolate syrup, whipped cream and powdered sugar!

Quit it... you're making my arteries water.

It's much better than the deep-fried Twinkie, but that's probably because plain Oreos are better than plain Twinkies! xD

I don't know, drizzle some chocolate and strawberry syrup on the DFT and it's a close battle.

Is it literally fried, or "fried flavored"

I'm absolutely baffled as to how anyone could make anything "fried flavored". I'm sure it's possible, but what would it even taste like?

ps there really expensive at a fair (like 5$ for 6 Oreoâs) so i would just get a deep fryer and make some myself

Deep-fryers aren't cheap and they're also fairly dangerous, not to mention that you'd deep-fry everything and end up with an addiction to greasy goodness. Which is fine, unless you want your heart to continue beating.

I almost feel sick looking at them.

If you don't feel sick looking at it, it isn't American.

We don't fry tea, because tea sucks.
craig1997
craig1997
26 posts
Nomad

great comments guys

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Deep-fryers aren't cheap and they're also fairly dangerous, not to mention that you'd deep-fry everything and end up with an addiction to greasy goodness. Which is fine, unless you want your heart to continue beating.

yeah i guess deep fryers are expensive but i would probly eat fried food every day so it would pay off
and if i wanted to kill myself i would do it by fried food XD
matt0111
matt0111
17 posts
Shepherd

yup pretty good, hard to find though

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

If they aren't deep-fried, don't bother. Out of all the Hostess products, Twinkies are probably the least interesting.

Huh... are there any other deep-fried Hostess products out there? I'd love to try a deep-fried orange Hostess Cupcake! xP

I don't know, drizzle some chocolate and strawberry syrup on the DFT and it's a close battle.

That's true, it is pretty close, but the Oreo has more flavor to begin with, so for me it always beats the Twinkie! =D
derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

it was gooey and crunchy all at the same time!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Huh... are there any other deep-fried Hostess products out there?

The cupcake, for one, has been done before. So has the fruit pie. I'm sure the others have too at one point, but the masterminds behind it refused to step into the spotlight.

But you won't believe this.
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

The Ohio state fair is not complete without fried oreos

Showing 16-30 of 35