ForumsThe TavernYour school's computers.

49 7250
Cpt0bviousV2
Cpt0bviousV2
19 posts
Nomad

What computers does your school have? My school has Dell Optiplex 745s... they can get mighty slow and glitchy at times but are pretty good. How about you?

• 49 Replies
ianhq
ianhq
150 posts
Nomad

HP running xp with these stats:

i3-2100cpu @ 3.10 GHz and 3.16 GB of RAM

intel HD graphics Family (idk)

monitors are pretty nice HP LE1901w

all in all they are ok. Our broadcasting room also has 3 mac pros

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

What computers does your school have? My school has Dell Optiplex 745s... they can get mighty slow and glitchy at times but are pretty good. How about you?

Same here my University just upgraded to those. They are pretty decent computers that came with better stock keyboards. Eclipse and Design Works actually open at a reasonable speed now. But in a different lab with linux I didn't notice any differences except stuff complied faster.
GraySpiritStag
GraySpiritStag
10 posts
Nomad

My school uses only the iMac for teachers and computer labs and MacBook for students to use for classroom projects. I can't imagine the cost but I wish the school had chosen something else; Apple products are often purchased for their label and convenience, other computers can run just as fast at a much cheaper price.

hitcher017
hitcher017
62 posts
Nomad

We have pretty rubbish ones without any graphics card and can get very slow. It only runs on XP

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Mine aren't that bad since i'm in a private school. They're faster than my old school's computers, but I rather just use the one I use at home.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Some kind of mac we have... it's basically a guessing game on whether you'll get a slow or fast one.

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

My school's computers aren't that bad... although they have a major flaw and that is that its run by Barracuda Filtering System ( I think that's what its called) so sometimes its hard to find even educational things.
.com: commercial so the website is trying to sell you things. School says no-no.

pwyard
pwyard
8 posts
Peasant

my school has computers in almost every classroom
the monitors are ok
the computers are quite good although they only run windows xp
the internet speed is good
one room has all macs in for editing professional style videos

Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

I dont know what they are called, but they are windows. they are very small, gray computers. the screen is like, 6 inches long, and 4 tall. tiny...

avenger671
avenger671
63 posts
Nomad

We have Macs. They are slow but still good. My town's LIBRARY's computers, however, have to be the slowest in existence.

warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

i think mine are called mac's or pc's but etier way they have WAY to many blocks

MrPhoenomenal
MrPhoenomenal
46 posts
Nomad

Our computers have Windows 7.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Our computers are very slow. It takes like 5 minutes to enter one single internet page. Me and my classmates, we can't work with those and we have lessons with finding stuff on google, now you know how much time does it take to find something you need on google. Even for fast computers it google is still really bad cause it keeps finding information nobody (ok almost nobody) needs. Now since our computers are very slow it takes like hours to find one single thing. But we are suppost to find hundreds of stuff. That is why my mark at that lesson is something like 3, 2, 4 or 5. Our teacher's computer is great. THAT'S NOT FAIR!

CheapCheep
CheapCheep
240 posts
Nomad

My school has the crappy old laptops that are always breaking down and you cant go on any sites.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Is it allowed to go in sites at your school? If it is, tell me where your school is, CheapCheep.

Showing 31-45 of 49