ForumsWEPRis abortion ok?

867 278087
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Is abortion ok? I donât think so. The babies that these people are killing is wrong, some people say that itâs not a person that itâs a bag of cells or a fetus and not really human being I have to disagree

Please debate

• 867 Replies
unicornpoop1
unicornpoop1
1 posts
Nomad

If you dont like abortion, then don't do it. What if having a baby would kill the mother?

unknown456
unknown456
47 posts
Peasant

Well no its not really ok to take a embryo/foetus/fetus/baby out before you know what it could be. I mean what if that child was going to solve all the worlds problems. Now yes I suppose that depends on how the parents raise him/her, but my point stands.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Say I'm making a sandwich. I either originally wanted the sandwich. But then, I decided I didn't want the sandwich and that I wasn't hungry. Or maybe, I am allergic to bread. Either way, I can't support this sandwich for the ways that it was intended.

you are comparing two things which are vastly different. bread has no potential to be a living person, unlike a fetus.

Something you also forget is that it might be a cell mass in development, but the mother is an already developed human who has a life, life which will drastically be altered by the pregnancy.

if she willingly chose to have sex, then she knew she could get pregnant, if she didn't want to be pregnant she shouldn't of had sex.

p.s. you know, it surprises me, people care more about some stupid animal then they do about people.
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I mean what if that child was going to solve all the worlds problems.

Or it could kill millions of people. "What if..." isn't a real reasoning.
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double post, but Ninja'd.

p.s. you know, it surprises me, people care more about some stupid animal then they do about people.

It's funny, people care more about a chance that something might live more than an already living being.

you are comparing two things which are vastly different. bread has no potential to be a living person, unlike a fetus.

Way to go with reading the metaphor.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

if she didn't want to be pregnant she shouldn't of had sex.

Hence the reason for condoms. People have sex for pleasure too, not just to reproduce.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

It's funny, people care more about a chance that something might live more than an already living being.

well you never hear anyone say anything about aborting a dolphins baby.
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

well you never hear anyone say anything about aborting a dolphins baby.

That's probably because humans don't speak dolphin.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

well you never hear anyone say anything about aborting a dolphins baby

For a number of reasons...

1) There aren't an insane amount of dolphins in the world.

2) What few dolphins we have in captivity usually are bred. We want baby dolphins.

3) The reasons/means for abortion differ.

I would like for you to respond to what I said earlier btw.

"It is being responsible to use contraception when you don't want to have a child. Calling people who use condoms irresponsible isn't correct."

"Hence the reason for condoms. People have sex for pleasure too, not just to reproduce."
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

if she willingly chose to have sex, then she knew she could get pregnant, if she didn't want to be pregnant she shouldn't of had sex.

Of course there is always a risk to get pregnant, that's why we have contraceptives in the first place. The number of abortions would explose if people would stop using contraceptives, babies would be increasingly abandoned and left to die, and women would partly lose their independence again.
Thinking everyone will suddenly stop having sex is preposterous.

And again, there are cases where abortion is necessary because the woman is at risk. What if the woman, would she abort, be extremely successful and find the solution to all problems? There goes your argument...
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

if she willingly chose to have sex, then she knew she could get pregnant, if she didn't want to be pregnant she shouldn't of had sex

Ask someone to not have sex? Especially someone not religious? That's like asking an unstoppable object to stop! We're humans, and like most creatures, our strongest will, second to survival, is to reproduce. And you haven't taken r@pe and pleasure sex into account.
And I stand by what I said before;
If the womans wants to abort, you have no right to stop her.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

so far, the only people who have people who oppose abortion is the religious. the rational people clearly see that it is just a mass of organic matter that can be done with as the mother pleases. at this stage, it's basically a tumor that is religiously celebrated. doesn't that sound ridiculous? hence the house quote: "If we could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people"-House

-Blade

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I agree. Well, the religious can keep hating abortion, even though their women suffer for it, and I will reflect upon my horrible spelling.

If the womans
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

You could only have a intelligent conversation over this if there was an intelligent side to no abortion. But the only one I could think of is if we were endangered as a species. But we are not, quite the opposite there are too many of us. Even if we were we as logical creatures would find a way to continue existing without subjugating other people to our will and beliefs.

KingKiwi
KingKiwi
2 posts
Nomad

I personally feel that abortion is something that we just need to accept as being a part of society now. There really isn't anything wrong with it because a lot of the ways they do it now would be almost completely painless to the child anyway, not that we could really tell. Besides that the child, if my information is correct, isn't technically completely developed or even really alive on it's own before it takes it's first breath.
Now I don't thin that people should just do it, but they should think about it because if they decide they want to keep the child half way through then well.. sorry your not getting it back.

Showing 61-75 of 867