ForumsWEPRis abortion ok?

867 278340
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Is abortion ok? I donât think so. The babies that these people are killing is wrong, some people say that itâs not a person that itâs a bag of cells or a fetus and not really human being I have to disagree

Please debate

• 867 Replies
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

but are not yet one.

I personally don't consider it human until it has gained the ability of long-term memory. Roughly three years.

If the mother's life is going to be ruined by having that child, or made substantially harder by it, or just plain not wanted, why should she not be able to make that choice for herself and not have that child?

I would respond to this in a quote from The Walking Dead:

"The logic is this... if the bear dies, the cub dies anyway. If the bear lives- it can always have another cub."

Felt it worked in this situation.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Oh, forgot this.

4) You have to realize that people who advocate for abortions don't advocate everyone going out and having orgies left and right in order to get pregnant so they can abort as many fetuses/babies as possible in their lifetime.

Someone's life shouldn't be ruined for making a mistake or bad choice that could have been fixed.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I personally don't consider it human until it has gained the ability of long-term memory. Roughly three years.

Well, it could be sooner.

I consider it living once it can fully understand and react to pain.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

http://patrickandchristy.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/11-week-aborted-fetus1.jpg

this could of been you, just saying.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

And we wouldn't have had the mind to care, would we?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

And if by not growing up, I had saved my mothers life or saved her from a life of misery, I'd be proud of it. If I could think at that stage, that is.

As Kasic said, we're not saying that women should be able to abort at their whim. It's still an operation that has risks for the woman too, as any operation. It needs reasoning. But it should be allowed if a reason can be evidenced.

Oh, and btw, everytime a couple breaks up before having a baby, I could also say "this could have been you". Ban break-ups, now!
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

1st trimester makes it the equivalent of a tumor, nothing more. when you go beyond that is when ehtics kick in.

personally, abortion is a good thing, since it allows low income families to prevent going underwater. now if only we could get stupid people to start aborting, then our population problems would be solved.

-Blade
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

and not having a developed a consciousness no one would miss being dead when they never lived.

why do people always make a big deal about Hitler, he wasn't the worst dictator ever, but he is the only one people will mention.

Godwin's law got love how accurate it is.

personally, abortion is a good thing, since it allows low income families to prevent going underwater. now if only we could get stupid people to start aborting, then our population problems would be solved.

Problem is that people with low IQ don't understand their situation and thus have more children where people with higher IQ do the exact opposite.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/73/Used_condom.jpg/320px-Used_condom.jpg

And so could this! For that matter you could have ended up one of the millions that didn't make it into the egg at fertilization. The entire process of human conception MURDERS millions of potential people each time.

You're again trying to use a what if as a valid argument but with a plea to emotion.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/MageGrayWolf/548880_4033470550346_964211041_n.jpg

Also for those using the tumor analogy.
Quest for Spoof: Aborted Tumors
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Problem is that people with low IQ don't understand their situation and thus have more children where people with higher IQ do the exact opposite.
you know, you mentioning that reminded me of something else. Has anyone of you ever read the marching morons, the little black bag, or seen idiocracy. the "smart" people have decided they should never have kids, while the "dumb" people follow their instincts. The situation in those stories is coming, and at the rate it's going, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in a few decades.

In that picture i posted, i don't see a tail, i see arms and legs and a smashed head, how does that look creepy?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

In that picture i posted, i don't see a tail, i see arms and legs and a smashed head, how does that look creepy?

What you see in the picture is the point at which most abortions take place. This is about 5-6 weeks in. As for your image it looks a bit over developed. This is 11 weeks.
http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/img/week11-fetus.jpg
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Still looks human, just saying. Using an argument that it doesn't even look like a human is pointless with that picture.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Still looks human, just saying. Using an argument that it doesn't even look like a human is pointless with that picture.

I get the impression you may have either missed or are intentionally over looking the point being made in that pic. That verse in particular is just demonstrating the ill use of emotional pleas. Of course as it further develops it will begin to look more human like as that's what it's developing into. But it ain't there yet. Even at these stages where it begins to take on a more human appearance there is no real brain activity.
These human features you are toting there is only about a weeks difference between the two when they first begin to appear.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

No its not because you than kill one people.

And how are you defining person?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

If abortion is so wrong, then why do you allow it that a big part of the pregnancies abort naturally, at different stages?
Why is it so wrong to actively take control of a natural process in order to keep control of ones lives? America, land of the free, and women cannot even decide about their lives?

Why does it make it so special only because it looks human? It's not a fully developed human yet, it's future existence is uncertain. The woman's future however is much more certain, she's a fully developed human and has a right to decide about her body and her life.
Showing 91-105 of 867