ForumsThe Tavernlets talk... soccer

273 57809
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

well here we should talk about soccer like who is your favorite player ? who is your favorite team ? you can have up to 3 players and 3 teams but if you have 3 that means you dont like 1 better than the others and i might make a chart of wich teams and players are most popular here on AG

• 273 Replies
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Wow wait 3-0 I thought it was 4-0 sorry Italy and Germany may be able to beat Spain in the next world cup MAYBE

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Sorry for all of you Italy fans but I think it would have been a much more entertaining match had Germany beaten Italy and faced Spain in the final.

Just my opinion though.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

The only funnier thing is that Torres got the Golden Boot.

What up! And Spain played with almost no striker throughout. Achievement unlocked El Nino.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

And Spain played with almost no striker throughout

Don't they always play like that? Lol.

Italy's biggest mistake was taking on Spain like they were any other team. They should have focused more on defending rather than trying to score.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Don't they always play like that? Lol.

Just this competition. I was referring to Euro 2012 as a whole for them.
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

Why is it called soccer in America? Everyone else calls it football seeming as you use your foot to kick a ball. Even FIFA (The International Federation of Association Football) has football in the name.
Oh and congratulations Spain for your record of three international wins with the same team.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Why is it called soccer in America? Everyone else calls it football seeming as you use your foot to kick a ball. Even FIFA (The International Federation of Association Football) has football in the name.
Oh and congratulations Spain for your record of three international wins with the same team.

Hehe, cause the Brits call it soccer in the past.

But who cares...It's called football now. Football!
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Actually it's not football it's futbol sI hablas en otros lenguajes puedes saber eso

Sorry for turning into Spanish there lol

Erlkingvoice
Erlkingvoice
44 posts
Scribe

In my opinion its just a cultural thing. Just like many things words mean different things to different people. Like the word "cookie" in the u.s are called a "biscuits" in Europe.

I always go back to the phrase even if cheesy: "Its not about the name its how you play the game".
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

okay lets stop talking about languages or this forum will be a language forum so does any one care about the Olimpic soccer ?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

so does any one care about the Olimpic soccer ?

Not as prestigious, but there's nothing to watch, so might as well. Leagues are in their seasonal down time, so Olympics have to satisfy.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

okay lets stop talking about languages or this forum will be a language forum so does any one care about the Olimpic soccer ?

Not to burst your bubble, but no. USA not getting in was the last straw :<
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Kinda ticked off majorly, because RVP is being sold, or close to being sold, since he doesn't want to renew his contract....

Run for your lives fellow Gunners!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

USA not getting in was the last straw :<

The US didn't get in for soccer? The men and the women?
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

RVP is being sold, or close to being sold,

Really? Arsenal has been losing all their good players. I guess they won't really be much of a threat now in the upcoming season if they lose him.

the women

I assume the women did. They always have a good team.
Showing 181-195 of 273