ForumsWEPREvolutionism or creationism

1486 247603
Freon
Freon
24 posts
Nomad

im just opening this topic so that people can have a NICE, FREINDLY place to talk about their beliefs, i Myself believe in evolutionism

• 1,486 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Creationism is more of an hypothesis if you could call it that than evolution which is a well defined and supported theory. There isn't much of a argument on scientific grounds for creationisms since it grounded on one whimsical book that most people take as evidence for it.

I think is whole topic was created to start a war between two sides who have very different views of the world. We have the people who ground their views on logic and others that believe in faith.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

You can't argue the two, because they are two separate things with no relevance to each other. Creationism (religion, basically) really only talks about how the universe came into existence. It doesn't spend a lot of time on whether every animal was made unto its own kind and there was no evolution or not. Evolution is talking about basically, natural selection, or 'survival of the fittest' if you will. this means that all animals are built for one particular ecosystem. If something happens to that ecosystem, then the animals in that ecosystem have three options: move, die, or change. Generally, animals die. However, some do change.

I personally believe that the universe was created by God, and also that the animals we see today are very different from those at first creation, due to climate change and evolution.
FUN FACT: did you know Charles Darwin was a very devout Christian? It's true, look it up.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Creationism is more of an hypothesis if you could call it that than evolution which is a well defined and supported theory.

A hypothesis is based on observation and is meant to propose a rational explanation for that observation. I'm not sure if I would call it a rational explanation given the requirements of faith in the process. But setting that aside and calling it a hypothesis for the sake of argument it's not one that could be put forth, since to do so would require that it be testable through the scientific method.

Creationism (religion, basically) really only talks about how the universe came into existence. It doesn't spend a lot of time on whether every animal was made unto its own kind and there was no evolution or not.

It covers a number of aspects, not just the creation of the universe. It covers things like the creation of the Earth and other solar bodies and the creation of life. We have other explanations for these as well. You are correct in saying that, that aspect of creationism has nothing to do with evolution though.

There is the claim of God creating all life as is, or to their own "kind". This is where we run into serious issues between the two.

Evolution is talking about basically, natural selection, or 'survival of the fittest' if you will. this means that all animals are built for one particular ecosystem. If something happens to that ecosystem, then the animals in that ecosystem have three options: move, die, or change. Generally, animals die. However, some do change.

Actually natural selection is just the mechanism behind evolution. Evolution is in simplest terms decent with modification. It's the change of allele frequency in a group over generations.

and also that the animals we see today are very different from those at first creation, due to climate change and evolution.

This can be iffy with evolution in that it points to us all having a common ancestor. This view also goes against many of the claims in the Bible of God creating humans and many other forms of life.

FUN FACT: did you know Charles Darwin was a very devout Christian? It's true, look it up.

Yes, he also realized what it would mean to his religion and didn't let his religious beliefs get in the way of scientific break through.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

FUN FACT: did you know Charles Darwin was an agnostic? It's true, look it up.

He was only anglican (I think) or maybe it was Unitarian, anyways, he was only religious for a part of his life.
killer1205
killer1205
40 posts
Nomad

if there wasn't anything to create monkies, nothing would be there for us to evolve from, i mean, if there was no cow, how would there be a hamburger? i believe in creationism, and i have common sense

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Well, you can actually trace back evoultion. We came a less evolved species of apes which came from another animal, another animal, ect... back to single cell organisms.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

if there wasn't anything to create monkies, nothing would be there for us to evolve from, i mean, if there was no cow, how would there be a hamburger? i believe in creationism, and i have common sense

Clearly the materials do exist as we are here.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

If there were no human ancestors, humans wouldn't have evolved, other animals would have evolved. If there were no cows, we would have eaten other things. We eat hamburgers now because there are cows, not the other way round. You handle hamburgers like a physical constant to proove creationism right, and sorry but this is utterly silly and not very close to common sense.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

More necroing... Though in this case I happen to really like this subject, so please carry on.

I could talk pholosophers out of evolution.

Well you could try talking me out of it.

its a dum idea. like they say "over billions of years
molocules..."

Sounds like you talking about abiogenesis, not evolution. But it's hard to say since you didn't finish your sentence.

I sought thre was nothing,where did the molocules come from. ask me for more at
samuel_gilley@yahoo.com.

Please continue here, I would much rather discuss this in an open forum. Plus if I am wrong you have the added bonus of pwning all us "evolutionists" in public.
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

fri--

Okay, first I'd like you to properly orate your writing so that it's more understandable, being as I'm not entirely sure as to what you're saying unless it's:

I could talk philosophers out of evolution.
It's a dumb idea... like they say "Over billions of years..." *Pause* "I thought there was nothing, where did the molecules come from?"
Ask me more at samuel-gilley@yahoo.com

... Err. My underscore isn't working by the way.

Anyway. No, that doesn't apply. The universe supposedly started by a quantum fluctuation. The most prominant theory is simply "The Big Bang" and the ideas surrounding it (a Quantum Fluctuation is one of many).

It's not as simple as "Yeah but from where?", otherwise we could do the same for God as well.

Talking philosophers out of evolution? I consider myself fairly adept at philosophy and morality. The way things work for me are:
1) Philosophy is logical but subjective, things like how the world began can be proven or "to be found out".
2) Morality is subjective measurement of things (using logic and reason), that change through the situation / circumstance / position someone/thing is in (life-threatening situation / financial difficulties / being a murderer respectively).

How would you go about what a philosopher is, and secondly - try and convince me ^^

- H
frisko12
frisko12
420 posts
Nomad

let me ask you a simple question.
how would random events and happenings make a perfect system
like we have today?

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Is our system perfect? I don't really think so.
However, randomly. If I roll ten dice, I'll need a lot of luck to get ten sixes, but it doesn't mean it's impossible.

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

like we have today?

You mean perfect things like Trisomie 21 (Down Syndrome) and cancer?
RikJimmy00
RikJimmy00
240 posts
Nomad

Creationism for me.
I believe in God.
I am a Christian. I do not wish to debate this.
I just want to state my beliefs. No one can change them.

same here..i dont like to debate about this topic in general creationism all the way
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

like we have today?

Chance.
Is it dark outside?
Go out there... Look up.

Is our system perfect? I don't really think so.

Global warming, icecaps melting, lack of gas, etc.
Not saying all are true, but this definitely isn't a perfect
system.

However, randomly. If I roll ten dice, I'll need a lot of luck to get ten sixes, but it doesn't mean it's impossible.

It's not even luck, really.

- H
Showing 1456-1470 of 1486