ForumsThe TavernThe best way to say sorry after you did something wrong

17 3570
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE GIVING ME A RANDOM AWNSER.

so one of my friends was dating this guy and i was like helping them out by communication and all. the girl was a close friend in my class (NO I DON"T LIKE HER) and the boy was on my basketball team. when they broke up i was one of the few that knew about it. but i was the only one in the girl's class. so the day after they broke up she was really mad at me for not telling her about it. i said i was sorry iand i feel bad but it wasn't enough. weve been fighting for 3 MONTHS. i tried to leave her alone for a week, gave her my lunch for a couple days, gave her a letter saying im sorry and all i know. what else can i do. plz help im desperate for my old friend back.

• 17 Replies
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

oh yah and 1 more thing i kinda caused the break up. on the day it happened she was gonna tell him she loved him. after school i ran up to him and told him to break up with her first. i didn't want her to say that one minute and see her heartbroken the next.

IF YOU ARE A GIRL PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD WANT ME TO DO IF YOU WERE HER.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

honestly ihave no idea what you just said. they broke up but she didnt know and was mad that you didnt tell her? what? a couple is only broken when they talk about it. i have no idea what you did wrong and i probably misunderstood the situation?

maybe you meant that the guy told you he is about to break up with her before he did? i personally dont think you did anything wrong except telling her that you do nothing more then just tell eachother what they want you do tell them (which is pointless since they are ALREADY in a relationship?).

its not your fault they broke up, its your fault they broke up earlier then planned (which doesnt matter since it would hurt her more if he would wait after she said that so i think you did the right thing there). its the guys fault that he told you something so personal before telling the person who actually is supposed to hear it. but since they arent together anymore that girl cant be mad at him and show it so she takes it out on you. being sorry means you regret something you did. do you regret not telling her? do you regret making them break up before it turned worse? i wouldnt.

if you 2 are good friends she would forgive you the second you told her your sorry or AT LEAST forgive you after she is over the guy (which might be the case since she isnt over him and have no one to take her rage on). if she wants to ruin a friendship becuase of such a shallow relationship where the 2 dont even love eachother and already consider themselves boyfriend and girlfriend and talk about eachother with their friends behind their back like that then she doesnt deserve a friend like you.

tip to the future: its not bad to play cupid. just make sure you know that both sides know you do nothing more then just telling eachother what they tell you. if you want to be extra carefull tell them not to tell you anything personal that isnt supposed to get to the other person.

i personally wouldnt involve myself that deeply in the first place. sorry for the drama you have to go through.

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

girls can be like that some times if you say your sincerely sorry and she's still up set then she probly just needs to cool down ps it could take months

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

I know I'm not a girl, but here's my thoughts. Talk to her, put her in your place. Tell her how much she's hurting you, and would she like to be hurt like that too? Just let her talk to you, and explain why she's mad at you. Ask her what could be done so you two could be friends again. Also, try handwritten letters, just slip them into her locker. I am sorry for your situation, let me know on my profile if this works out for you, okay?

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

(an addend to my last post)

Tell her that it feels like you've lost your best friend. Ask her if she would like that, too. Tell her to ask herself, should I be this hard on my friend? Would I be ok if my friend (you) didn't want to take the pressure I am putting on her, and just left me?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

oh yah and 1 more thing i kinda caused the break up. on the day it happened she was gonna tell him she loved him. after school i ran up to him and told him to break up with her first. i didn't want her to say that one minute and see her heartbroken the next.

You are screwed worse than a Rabbi in 1939 Berlin. You are screwed worse than a blind man taking a Rorshach test. You are screwed worse than a legless, armless baby in the middle of the ocean. You're gonna have to let the girl cool off for awhile. Seeing as you've been fighting for three months now, just completely ignore her and stuff for a couldple more months unless she comes to you.

Dang man, you are screwed.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

maybe you meant that the guy told you he is about to break up with her before he did? i personally dont think you did anything wrong except telling her that you do nothing more then just tell eachother what they want you do tell them

oh was i confusing there
i kinda had a hard time writing it and putting in the detials i thought was safe to share
but yes that was what i meant

do you regret not telling her? do you regret making them break up before it turned worse? i wouldnt.

the day after i felt it a little bit (saturday)
but then the next day (monday) she was blaming me and it took me a few days (wedsnesday) to realize it

ps it could take months

yah its gonna be month 4 in a few days

Also, try handwritten letters, just slip them into her locker. I am sorry for your situation, let me know on my profile if this works out for you, okay?

oh tks
yah i tried letters
just not hand written
computer written (my writing just typed)
they actually did work but then she got mad at me again

You are screwed worse than a Rabbi in 1939 Berlin. You are screwed worse than a blind man taking a Rorshach test. You are screwed worse than a legless, armless baby in the middle of the ocean. You're gonna have to let the girl cool off for awhile. Seeing as you've been fighting for three months now, just completely ignore her and stuff for a couldple more months unless she comes to you.
Dang man, you are screwed.

boy was that helpful

TKS EVERYONE FOR HELPING. BUT MOST OF YOUR IDEAS I ALREADY TRIED. BUT KEEP THE IDEAS COMING.

PLEASE!!!!!
JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

*****es be *****es. Be sincere. It's all you can do. Asking people online won't help you with that.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

*****es be *****es. Be sincere. It's all you can do. Asking people online won't help you with that.

first stop cussing
second i tried that
well now that it comes to mind maybe i should try to do that more
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

i was like helping them out by communication and all

Trying to help with two people in love eh? LoL That can lead to major problems (as I am sure you just found out)

so the day after they broke up she was really mad at me for not telling her about it.

So... Is she mad that you didn't tell her that you knew that her boyfriend was planning on breaking up with her?

oh tks
yah i tried letters
just not hand written
computer written (my writing just typed)
they actually did work but then she got mad at me again

Soooo... You gave her a letter apologizing, she accepted it and forgave you, but then she got mad at you again? If you will pardon my asking, what made her mad after everything was alright?

A piece of advice: Never try to help people in love. I tried it once and I got put in the middle of a huge mess that never did work out right.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

You could always just let it go. Former friends aren't worth the added stress. If she doesn't want to forgive you, that's her problem. If you're still at it three months later, and the situation hasn't changed, you may want to reevaluate the situation. Nobody is worth the stress.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

Trying to help with two people in love eh? LoL That can lead to major problems (as I am sure you just found out)

yah i did
i learned my lesson

So... Is she mad that you didn't tell her that you knew that her boyfriend was planning on breaking up with her?

yah cuz i was one of two people (not including him) who knew about it for a week

Soooo... You gave her a letter apologizing, she accepted it and forgave you, but then she got mad at you again? If you will pardon my asking, what made her mad after everything was alright?

cuz i told someone more info (like that it was my falut)

You could always just let it go. Former friends aren't worth the added stress. If she doesn't want to forgive you, that's her problem. If you're still at it three months later, and the situation hasn't changed, you may want to reevaluate the situation. Nobody is worth the stress.

I guess so
it just she was a close friend
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

I guess so
it just she was a close friend

In life you'll meet all sorts of different people, i'm sure you'll meet better people in the future who will stay with you until the end. Don't regret what you did just learn from your mistakes.
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

tell her this look weve been fighting about this crap forever and to be honest im sick of this i dont even know why your so upset can it realy mean that much and if it does try to get back together with him if its meant to be it will work out

Daizidawizard9000
Daizidawizard9000
1,609 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm a girl, so here's my POV. (point of view.)

Well, she might just run off to find another boy, no offense, but not you. Girls; are built to argue. Honestly. I can get really greedy when someone argues with me. So, she might still argue with you, or she might run off to find someone else, which I would do if I were her. If she still argues with you, say "Look; it's ok. You'll get him back." Or something along those lines.

Showing 1-15 of 17