ForumsThe Tavern*sips coffee* Ah, Don't Ya' Just Love Spammers and Trolls?

29 5448
stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

Sit down, sit down. You're welcome to the coffee on the other side of the room, by the way.

So, you might be wondering why you're here. Well, we're here to talk about spammers and trolls.

An example of a spammer would be: "religion!godis real!" or, another category, an "ad bot". An example of that: "REAL LIVE SOCCER MATCH PC STREAM CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE YOUR MUM CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE!"

Trolls would be something like: "turtle butt lol i said funny words stfu stupid obama monkey us."

So, this is the thread to speak your mind about trolls, spammers, adbots, etc. I put it in Tavern, as it really isn't Support needed. If it needs to be moved, please tell me and I'll tell a mod.

• 29 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

*Pours coffee* Do you happen to have any sugar for the coffee?

I don't as there is much to discuss concerning spammers or trolls... They are a nuisance, they are disruptive to the AG community... Not much to say, unless someone has an idea how to stop them.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

The image didn't work, but copying the URL results in an image, so I will fix as a link.

^ The above fix is of the image Maverick4 attempted to post.

As others have said, there's no need for discussion on spammers, trolls, etc.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

It's sad to see this is how you all feel, because spammers, well they are trash, trolls however, can be an endless source of entertainment. Most people assume that simply yelling at people is trolling, and to a point they are right, but a proper troll is one of wisdom, cunning, and endless wit.

If anyone remembers Lige or Klaus, you would know what I'm talking about.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I've always wondered if it was coinkydink or prophecy that the WoM had Klaus being banned. He was on his way out as I was on my way in, so I never had much to do with him though. I think I vaguely remember Lige though...
stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

and to a point they are right, but a proper troll is one of wisdom, cunning, and endless wit.
Right, right, you got me on that one. Proper trolling is an art, but most "trolls" nowadays can't even spell.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

*Comes in to room, cloak billowing behind him from the cold mountain wind, and slams the door behind him*
I have a good friend who, when he was trolling a multiplayer game by killing newbies, he said "The object of trolling is not to kill, but to corrupt." And seeing as I am corruptive as heck without anyone knowing what I'm doing, I have lived by what a Cardinal once said: "You have a gift for corruption and a penchant for betrayal."
The birth of the internet was the death of grammar.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I've always wondered if it was coinkydink or prophecy that the WoM had Klaus being banned.

Or you could no that it was reality because if you go to his profile it is not there.

Trolls are really annoying. I just ignore them though. The spambots are the worst though. They just keep coming and coming until you find a way to stop them. Them sometimes they find away around that and they keep coming.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

spammers are annoying but trolls can be just as halarious as watching people fight on facebook.trolls can have some half-decent combacks as well.it seems like the good trolls are halarious when at the third person point of view but when you have to argue with them then it is annoying.

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

when I'm bored I just go onto a game, normally Stick arena that has an open chat lobby and just troll hunt.

If anyone says 'look at my massive ****) which many do or if they boast about everyone being noobs and them being so good, I just lay into them how they have no life and should stop being so immature. It's so fun.

trolls can have some half-decent combacks as well.

Yeah but most of the time it's 'your mum' jokes.
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

I used to Troll people on Call of Duty Black Ops by doing what Kevin from how to annoy people on COD does.

If you haven't seen it, basically Kevin has a very annoying American accent (that he puts on as he is Irish) and just tries to be nice to people saying things like 'Lets have a good game guys' and 'awww that was just unfortunate' he also traps people in corners and once told some guy to ask the sink to let him go. It's kind of trolling but annoying people in an intelligent way, a way that is less obvious and sometimes more annoying.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

AG needs more of these pros, not the noob trolls we have today, who can't pull anything off without getting a ban.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Um is anyone going to redo that link/picture that doesn't seem to be working for me? Just sayin.

Trolls can be funny, as long as they are actually competent at their art and they aren't directing themselves at me. Nowadays it seems like there aren't any real trolls out there that I've seen, except maybe JoshTheBoss. Except I still don't really understand at a good level trolling...

As for spammers, ugh. A waste of time and space on the forums. Even worse, though, is when someone says, "That is spam." Not much else to say on spam.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

It's sad to see this is how you all feel, because spammers, well they are trash, trolls however, can be an endless source of entertainment. Most people assume that simply yelling at people is trolling, and to a point they are right, but a proper troll is one of wisdom, cunning, and endless wit.

I think this is what you're talking about. John Cheese is incredibly funny in this article. I know I had a few good laughs.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

And seeing as I am corruptive as heck without anyone knowing what I'm doing, I have lived by what a Cardinal once said: "You have a gift for corruption and a penchant for betrayal."

The troll never makes it know of his intentions, or boosts of his accomplishments. The fact that you consider your self one, and no one here even recognizes your name....you sir have much to learn.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

*Comes in robs the place then runs out*

i can stand a little bit cuz to be honest i do alittle myself
but if someone tells me to stop on their peofile ill stop
but i can stand it
but when it getts annoying the i get mad

Showing 1-15 of 29