ForumsThe Tavern*sips coffee* Ah, Don't Ya' Just Love Spammers and Trolls?

29 5444
stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

Sit down, sit down. You're welcome to the coffee on the other side of the room, by the way.

So, you might be wondering why you're here. Well, we're here to talk about spammers and trolls.

An example of a spammer would be: "religion!godis real!" or, another category, an "ad bot". An example of that: "REAL LIVE SOCCER MATCH PC STREAM CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE YOUR MUM CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE!"

Trolls would be something like: "turtle butt lol i said funny words stfu stupid obama monkey us."

So, this is the thread to speak your mind about trolls, spammers, adbots, etc. I put it in Tavern, as it really isn't Support needed. If it needs to be moved, please tell me and I'll tell a mod.

• 29 Replies
Gevock
Gevock
49 posts
Nomad

Spammers are nothing more than nuisances and do not deserve a second of my attention. I usually find a websites way of ignoring someone spamming and move on.

As for trolls, I am mixed on the issue. We use the term troll too loosely nowadays. It seems anyone that causes some disruption is considered a troll. While I do not care for the immature, unintelligent garble that most trolls spit out nowadays, I do enjoy a person that points out the flaws in a community or administration. By this, I mean more of a jester-style of trolling in which a person is thoughtful with his words while also maintaining an air of light fun. Someone that points out the shortcomings people hate to admit. Those people are quite useful in any community.

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

trolls can be kinda funny sometimes but most the time there just annoying and for spammers go to hell

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

*pours coffee* *realizes that I just had coffee* *pours it on toemases head*

Trolls can be funny, but nooby trolls are just idiots. Killersup has the "wrong place at the wrong time" trolling, whereas noobs trolls just post "Umad bro?" with a trollface.

As for spammers, they can die (the adbots, not the noobs who don't know any better).

*brews mint tea* *sits down on a couch and sips tea*

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

But most of the time, the pro's at trolling are awesome... I don't know how to troll, and if anyone can tell me how. (to troll good, not get-a-ban trolling.)

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Killersup has the "wrong place at the wrong time"

I've always attributed that to a problem 'upstairs', if you know what I mean.

I don't know how to troll, and if anyone can tell me how. (to troll good, not get-a-ban trolling.)

One cannot simple learn trolling. One just trolls.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I used to Troll people on Call of Duty Black Ops by doing what Kevin from how to annoy people on COD does.

hahaha kevin is hilarious. oh you british gamers, its always funnier when you get annoyed than us americans. at least when you say "stfu you ****er" its with an accent
trolls can be kinda funny sometimes but most the time there just annoying

their are two types of trolls in this world. first you have the "new ones" or "young ones". they usually reside around the 10 year mark and are very unintelligent, yet think of themselves as "epic". many true trolls think that they discrase the trolls name. the other race of trolls are nearly extincted. they procede to benefit mankind with their funny and smart humor, where as the "young ones" wish to destroy the world. the few true trolls that still remain are rare, but are always willing to help fight against the "young ones".

trolls arent made, trolls are born. then they are usually dropped a few times....
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

That's like me teaching you how to be artistic, it just can't happen.

then they are usually dropped a few times...

You are forgetting a point already brought up.

yelling "U MAD BRO?!" Is not trolling.
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

The word 'troll' has a generally negative connotation, not in the 'oh so infuriating' rather the 'are you that pretentious?', to me.

I experience a similar effect when people try to describe themselves. I will be the judge of if you have 9 fingers.

I don't count thumbs; YOU HAVE 7.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I've always attributed that to a problem 'upstairs', if you know what I mean.

well, killersup DOES speak in third person... (scares me a bit...)

most of the time, my humor is 'wrong place at the right time' stuff. I just get a funny thing in after someone sets him/herself up for it.
beckitten27
beckitten27
336 posts
Peasant

trolls can be funny if they do it right, but that is rare.

Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

yes, well. I ate spammers and trolls as much as the next guy, but i try to ignore them.
Great coffee by the way.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I ate spammers and trolls as much as the next guy

I never knew it was possible to EAT them! 'sarcasm'

I have never thought Killersup a troll?! His third person-style may be annoying but I'm ok with it.
Thomas666666
Thomas666666
9 posts
Nomad

Spammers can get annoying pretty fast, while on the other hand trolls can get annoying pretty slowly. Trolls are people trying to be funny but on the other hand spammers are trying to get attention by spamming their messages a lot.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

killersup is a troll?hmmmmm well then.http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg551/killersup10/highscore99.png

Showing 16-29 of 29