ForumsThe TavernBasketball

29 3855
Major101
Major101
26 posts
Farmer

I am okay at it almost beat a travel team member. Know how to do variety of tricks such as between the legs lay up, crossover, double between the legs, figure 8, behind the back and more. Position small forward

• 29 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Basketball is a fun game to watch and to play! Personally I think it's more fun to play! =P

I never play it competitively, because it gets too rough for me and that takes the fun out of it... mostly I'll just play 1-on-1 or 2-on-2 or some other small number like that with people who don't take the game more seriously than it needs to be taken...

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I am not very good. It is fun though. I am really good at defense bu that is about it. I cannot shoot for the life of me.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I don't much care for playing actual basketball, simply because it requires too much endurance. I prefer playing horse or 21 or knockout; games that don't require all that much running.

I am really good at defense bu that is about it. I cannot shoot for the life of me.

You and I would make a great team. I'm a great shot, but other than blocking shots I have little to no defensive skills.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

im weird
i am a great 3 point shooter but i suck at free throws
i am good a t lay-ups includig cross overs, behind the back,and even behind the basket
my field goals are about 40%
i suck at tipping and half courts alway hit the back board ten the rim
i am also a great saver (if the ball is rolling out of bounds)
i can also do blocks
30% of the time are fowls
i am also fast for fast break steals and stopping fast breaks
so i can play on both ends of the court
i am point guard

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

i am a great 3 point shooter but i suck at free throws

I'm the same way. Free throws have always seemed to close to me.

Then again, my favorite shots are the ones from beyond the half-court line, so naturally my 3-point shot is much better than my 2-point shot.

i can also do blocks

That has always been the only defensive move I've ever been good at. If I'm playing with someone 6 inches shorter than I am, there's no way I'm ever going to steal the ball from them, so I have to use my height to my advantage and block their shots instead.

Works great for me because shooting 3-pointers and blocking shots doesn't require much running around. I recommend this style of playing to anyone who wants to play basketball but is too lazy to actually play.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

I have an almost perfect 3 point shot. I average about 95% of my total 3 pointers. I'm good at defensivly marking someone, and blocking, but i'm terrible at making simple lay-ups lmao. If I was a bit taller I think I would have been a bigger fan of basketball than soccer.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I always look for the pass first. And I'm good at steals and 15-17 foot shots. I'm ehh with 3's though. I play for fun not on a team.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

my field goals are about 40%

Are there really field goals in basketball, or did you make a mistake?
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Are there really field goals in basketball, or did you make a mistake?

Yes, there are field goals in Basketball.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

A field goal is just a scored basket. I didn't know that either until I looked it up.

I had a dream that I was playing 2-on-2 and I had the most useless teammate (he just ran around the outside of the field the whole time; for some reason, we were playing on a soccer field). Fortunately for me, I was able to win anyway by dunking the ball every time.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

A field goal is just a scored basket.

Anything that is not a free throw.
I had a dream

Sounds like you were posting on this thread too much before bed.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I had a dream that I was playing 2-on-2 and I had the most useless teammate (he just ran around the outside of the field the whole time; for some reason, we were playing on a soccer field). Fortunately for me, I was able to win anyway by dunking the ball every time.

Wouldn't it be a little hard to dribble the basketball?
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I prefer playing horse or 21 or knockout; games that don't require all that much running.

Doesn't 21 require almost the same amount of running as a regular basketball game? Knockout too, when you're one of the last two in you really have to start actually running fast to beat your opponent's shot.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Doesn't 21 require almost the same amount of running as a regular basketball game?

When I get the ball, I shoot 3's. The hardest part for me is actually making the free-throws, so I learned early on to never allow myself to get a score of 17.

Knockout too, when you're one of the last two in you really have to start actually running fast to beat your opponent's shot.

Only if you shoot the ball. If I'm one of the last two, I'll just fire the ball at the backboard so it will bounce back to me, then run up much closer to the basket and make the shot. I'm pretty tall so it usually works in my favor.
Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

I love to play basketball and play it competitively on an AAU team. Im great at lay-ups and my Field Goals average about 85% though i dont like to take 3-pointers alot. My Free Throw are slightly at about 75%.

Showing 1-15 of 29