ForumsGamesBest Pokemon game of all time

80 13904
megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

Post your favourite Pokemon game of all time here. Give your arguments and explanations, and after every week I will tally up the posts and tell you the positions of your fave Pokemon games.

My favourite is Pokemon Black, because of Reshiram and the cool Pokemon in it.

• 80 Replies
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I legitimately think that whomever is creating pokemon is, or most likely has, run out of ideas.

Gens I and II are awesome, IV is okay, I've never played III and I own V....and V is a joke.

It's like they took the exact ideas of Gen I and II and spit out new visuals for the same pokemon.

And Black and White 2? Oh my gosh.

My favorite of all time is either Silver or Yellow. I loved how my little pikachu followed me around, except for in battles where every pokemon was basically a gray blob. Silver was improved, and even better with the 'double' region mechanics.

LordBucket
LordBucket
7 posts
Nomad

I have Blue and Yellow, Silver and Crystal, Ruby and Emerald,LeafGreen and Soul Silver, Pearl and Black. Pokemon black felt rather empty, to be honest. But my favorite game has to be Soul Silver. Having Pokémon following you is really epic. Although, a Scyther poking my body? That gotta leave a scar Ã-D

cingcon
cingcon
152 posts
Nomad

Anyone that enjoys the new pokemon games obviously did not grow up playing the originals. Black and White are the worst things to happen to pokemon. Lampeon? A lamp pokemon? I have lost faith in those games. Not to mention the upcoming pokemon games, black and white 2. Wow.

As far as good games go, the first generation was great but generation 2 blew them out of the water. In my opinion, the 2nd generation is the best and always will be, mainly because of the ability to go between Johto and Kanto and fight all the gyms. Silver version will always be my favorite pokemon game.

The 3rd generation was considerably worse but still somewhat fun. 4th is where I drew the line.

My official favorite would be silver, because thats what i owned, but silver gold and crystal are all wonderful

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

the problem isnt ideas in my opinion. they dont NEED to be original when it comes to generations anymore (honestly... what was the great idea of making a GOD pokemon? thats pretty much a killer). i would be very happy to see a pokemon game that takes place in the first region (i always get confused between johnto and kanto) that just has a different team rocket story. or maybe even some side quests or more story events. i wouldnt even mind going all back to the first sprites.

but such a game using only 1st gen, plus the graphics of today PLUS something new in the story of the adventure would make me really happy

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Heart Gold was a huge pleasure to play for me, and a big part of that comes from never seeing any post-2nd Gen Pokémon until you beat the Elite Four.
It's like you get all the nice mechanic improvements and changes from the next games without the terrible new Pokémon that came along.

I do like the third generation though. Diamond and Pearl... It just kind of went wrong.
Frankly, I think they take the wrong approach by wanting to add over a hundred new ones with every generation - which is obviously drying out their creativity, and getting us amazingly boring icecream-based Pokémon and evolutions of ones we already had.
They should just add like a couple dozen quality ones.

megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

@isahn
Yes, we do need some new ones, but some of the newer Unova ones are brilliant.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

poke'mon emerald will,and always will be Killersup's favorite poke'mon game.It is true that it is his first poke'mon game.Emerald just had that slick look to it with good gameplay and somewhat original ideas that really made it a great game.The amount of legendary poke'mon that could be obtained was exellent.The amount of value the game still had after it was beaten was unheard of,and quite well done.The game really was a trully beutifull game.Killersup then bought saphire thinking it would be even better,well he was wrong.The game met nowhere the fun of Emerald.Killersup then bought a poke'mon blue,and while the sprites usually sucked,it was the 1st generation and made a much larger impact then the 3rd generation.Killersup then bought poke'mon diamond and it was alright,the graphics and gameplay and the amount of legendays made up for the lack of originality.As of the four poke'mon games that Killersup owns,he likes the Emerald version the most.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

1.Silver/Gold
2.Yellow
3.Ruby/Saphire

The rest have lost the true pokemon feel

AustinBB410
AustinBB410
35 posts
Nomad

1-Pokemon Emerald/other
2-Pokemon Leaf green/other
3-Pokemon Gold
the newer Pokemon games aren't as good as the old

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Yes, we do need some new ones, but some of the newer Unova ones are brilliant.

How'd you ever get that from my post? I was saying we needed far less. They should've stopped adding Pokémon altogether after Gen 3 in my opinion.
warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

did you know pokemon black and white 2 has all the old pokemon of the original few with black and white pokemon and graphics ofcourse i only know that cause of its online pokedex on marriland

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

lets all ignore the stupid lookin pokemon for a sec please lets all talk about the people WHAT HAPPENED TO BROCK whos idea was it to get rid of him and replace him with a 4 foot green haired conesuir and theres whats her face with a hair do that im geussing has several bird nests and maybe a few burrows my god you could build a house on that thing anybody else got somthing to add

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I love all of the pokemon games, but the one that stands out the most is Pokemon White version. It has awesome graphics, and really cool pokemon.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

lets all ignore the stupid lookin pokemon for a sec please lets all talk about the people WHAT HAPPENED TO BROCK whos idea was it to get rid of him and replace him with a 4 foot green haired conesuir and theres whats her face with a hair do that im geussing has several bird nests and maybe a few burrows my god you could build a house on that thing anybody else got somthing to add

we are talking about the games... brock was simply another gym leader and thats it...

did you know pokemon black and white 2 has all the old pokemon of the original few with black and white pokemon and graphics ofcourse i only know that cause of its online pokedex on marriland

you mean like most (all maybe?) other pokemon games who has all the old pokemon plus their own generation?
warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

you mean like most (all maybe?) other pokemon games who has all the old pokemon plus their own generation?

no i mean you can catch them without beating the first part of the game ts just like thir from thareigon only their not

Showing 31-45 of 80