ForumsThe TavernClear? Is it a color?

56 10921
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

Is clear a color? If it is its my favorite color!!

• 56 Replies
gooeyglop1
gooeyglop1
345 posts
Nomad

I would think that to be perfectly clear would be the absence of color or any light refraction. So that's impossible. But the possible clearness does have some kind of color. If it is visible it has a color.

darkwolf1
darkwolf1
182 posts
Shepherd

True, But even so. No-one cant see the color when its clear. Its like looking through a clear crystal that has absolute no color in it of what so ever.

gooeyglop1
gooeyglop1
345 posts
Nomad

well, just as I said, perfect clearness would be the absence of color.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Clear is a physical property. It's not a color. A window is solid, but you're able to look through it, while if you had a window made out of wood, you are not able to look through it.

Common sense: In a box of crayola crayons, does it include include clear?

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Common sense: In a box of crayola crayons, does it include include clear?

How do you know? It might be in there and you just can't see it... xD
Krosofire007
Krosofire007
17 posts
Nomad

Well clear isn't a color, but you should try something like transparent white.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Um, I hate to derail this thread (well it's been answered so meh), but did anyone else catch this:

-R4

... In red?

D:
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

You are a little late to the party, Pazx. These days, we can use html on the site. The staff still haven't fixed any of the issues, nor given us the ability to edit posts or launched the beta or anything, but they gave us html.
At least I think they did. Might have been an accident, and no one has noticed yet.

feeras1
feeras1
115 posts
Peasant

Clear is not a color. It's like air or something, you can't see it, feel it.

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

Wow thats a strange question you should try sending the question to vsauce

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

the deep science of "clear"

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Clear is not a color. It's like air or something, you can't see it, feel it.

True, but you can't touch "blue".
You touch the object - Glass is "clear" - you touch the class, you see clear, or do you see the glass, hmm.
alexandrica
alexandrica
100 posts
Nomad

as we know a thing is blue (or green or black or what you want) because the thing reflects all the colors but not blue, so glass reflects all the clors that we see but the s[ectrum has got infrared and ultraviolet too and they can be considered colors too because some animals can see them.So because clear may be infrared or ultraviolet (and very probabley it is) clear is a color or at least this is how i think.

-Alexandrica the archer-

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

as we know a thing is blue (or green or black or what you want) because the thing reflects all the colors but not blue

actually you have it backwards. a blue object absorbs all colors but reflects blue.
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

No clear isn't a color, because it's just light coming through from the other side. Then again, nothing is really clear except for empty space. ACTUAL emptiness.

Showing 31-45 of 56