ForumsThe TavernClear? Is it a color?

56 10919
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

Is clear a color? If it is its my favorite color!!

• 56 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Clear is not a color, but what you see is actually the light shining behind. But clear can only be seen (well, actually not seen) in a vacuum.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

clear is just the color behind something that's translucent

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Clear is just something being translucent/transparent which allows you to see the colour behind it. Although it's way too easy to overthink this.

dragonhunter422
dragonhunter422
130 posts
Nomad

no.
clear is like the absence of color.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
512 posts
Peasant

yeah clear is not a color when you see think you see clear it's because of all the objects and colors around it

TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

There seem to be some heavily differing opinions here. Let me "clear" this up for you all. Lets say that this clear object is 100% clear, no tints of colour or anything. Colours are created from light, there being seven MAIN different colours of light, of which the colours make up what is called a rainbow. This is called the light spectrum. When they are all together it makes white light. Now, say you look at a blue pen near you. That blue pen is reflecting blue light and absorbing all the other colours of the spectrum. By now you must be thinking this is long and getting off the point, but this is some necessary info. A clear object is nor reflecting, nor absorbing any light. Therefore it has NO colour.

beckitten27
beckitten27
336 posts
Peasant

clear is not a color because there it takes on the color of the backround

1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

Are you sure...
http://www.jumpstartmypc.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/clear_logo.jpg
Fine transparent is a color!

kneekap
kneekap
8 posts
Nomad

nope

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Fine transparent is a color!

No.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I have to agree with NoNameC68, Fine Transparent is not a color. I have some links listed below who all agree, clear, in any way shape and or form is NOT a color.

WikiAnswers
Yahoo Answers

Showing 46-56 of 56