192 posts
Nomad

Which is your favorite Star Wars Movie?

• 28 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I suppose Episode IV is my favorite. I've never actually seen it, but I've seen enough parodies of it to get the basic idea.

attack of the clones ever best.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. That's the only Star Wars movie I've ever seen and I fell asleep in the theater.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

If you haven't seen the movie then don't rate it, rate one of those you have seen. Maybe it won't be that good.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I'm going to have to disagree with you. That's the only Star Wars movie I've ever seen and I fell asleep in the theater.

Attack of the Clones is neither a Star Wars movie, nor good.

There's three Star Wars movies, and a second unrelated but homonymous series of cheap Hollywood children's films.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I've never actually seen it

Watch 'em all here.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The first 3 movies are actually episodes 4,5, and 6.
Georges Lucas knew that he would eventually make 1,3, and 4 when the technology would allow it, which are in release order 4th, 5th and 6th movie. Confused? xD

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I meant 1,2,3, not 1,3,4, doh!

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Georges Lucas knew that he would eventually make 1,2 and 3 when the technology would allow it

That's far from the truth. George Lucas knew jack ****, he was making it up as he went along. Star Wars was never meant to be more than one film (which was originally just called "Star Wars&quot until it became so enormously successful. And when he did say there were going to be more films, he intended for a much bigger, nine or twelve movie thing.

Darth Vader wasn't even Luke's father until the very late drafts of the second movie, and if Lucas had known he'd make Leia and Luke siblings he'd have never made them kiss.
He didn't even write the scripts for the original movies alone. Hell, he didn't even direct Empire, which is the best one.

But he did write the prequels all by himself, and they're an inconsistent continuity mess, further proving he hadn't planned ahead. The time elapsed between Sith and Hope is very ill-determined, the sheer ubiquity of Jedi makes it seem like the galaxy suffered collective amnesia in the originals, midi-chlorians, pretty much everything relative to C3PO and R2-D2...

Lucas does like to sell himself as this far-seeing visionary though, doesn't he? He keeps amending the originals (which is total BS) in rereleases to better fit the prequels' terrible plots, he added the title "IV: A New Hope" way after the original got released, he claims he always wanted just six movies.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Darth Vader wasn't even Luke's father until the very late drafts of the second movie, and if Lucas had known he'd make Leia and Luke siblings he'd have never made them kiss.

See?! I knew I wasn't the only one who constantly wondered what that was all about!

It struck me as weird the minute of the first time I watched "The Empire Strikes Back" and it was announced that Vader was Luke's father... still feels weird come to think about it! (o.O)

he claims he always wanted just six movies.

There's still rumour going round that he's thinking (plotting) to release 3 more movies to add the already existing 6 in the saga... anyone know whether there's any truth to that? =/
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

anyone know whether there's any truth to that?

When it became a big deal he said that he was going to do 9 movies. Then the Star Wars universe exploded in popularity and books were written for the time after Return of the Jedi. Instead of making sequels to the original 3 he made the prequels because there were not as many(if any) written before A New Hope. I highly doubt that he will make 3 more because it would have to be along the lines of what happens in the books.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't be opposed to new Star Wars movies at all if Lucas weren't inevitably attached to them. The man is a cancer on his own franchise.

But three gritty, well-interpreted and serious sci-fi thrillers set in the Star Wars universe and based on some of the stronger post-Jedi books? Written and directed by competent professional? Imagine a Ridley Scott, Peter Jackson, Chris Nolan SW movie.
You couldn't keep me from being first in line with a gun to my head.

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

I like the second one the best because it has the giant war at the end and the fight with grevios and I like the whole movie better so here's my order of movies

1. 2
2. 6
3. 5
4. 4
5. 1
6. 3

There

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I like the second one the best because it has the giant war at the end and the fight with grevios

Ummm... The third one was with General Grievous.
Showing 16-27 of 28