ForumsThe TavernDecreasing forum activity

41 4605
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

I don't if you have noticed but forum activity have declined very much relative to few months earlier.
Any reasons for that?
Any suggestions?
Cuz I am dead bored

• 41 Replies
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Also, Summer vacation just began, and a lot of people are probably going on vacation right now. That can cause a minor drop in the forum activity.

I personally think that the summer will actually cause the forum activity to increase since more people will have a lot of free time on there hands.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

Use Kongregate forums.

Please I don't want to go blind
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

It has been declining since last year. Since all the kewl kids left.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

I noticed too, it's annoying actually, waiting for someone to post in a specific forum that you're engaged in. I remember when I joined, in October I think, there was so much more activity.

true... 2 years ago i used to have conversations. i pressed refresh, saw a new post and responded. now im happy to see a new post daily... i have no idea why. and im even talking about the summers of the last 2 years. they werent that empty... i dont think its summer but im not sure why its getting more quiet.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Over half of my total posts were made in 2009 alone. I'd say almost 700 were made this year, which clearly shows how much of the activity has been washed away over the years.

4500 posts in the last half a year....I'm one of the saviours of the Forums. :P
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

4500 posts in the last half a year....I'm one of the saviours of the Forums

I want to be like you... how do you do it?!?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

how do you do it?

You post in every thread you see anywhere.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I want to be like you... how do you do it?!?

I had a two month holiday. And a lack of sense of reality.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

No....I post a lot in certain threads.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I do that already in most threads... =P

Maybe I need to up the ante a bit here?

I had a two month holiday. And a lack of sense of reality.

Well, we'll see where I end up at the end of the summer before I have to start working full-time again! Right now I don't have too many responsibilities, so maybe I too will temporarily lose my sense of reality...
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Was referring to how to increase post count quickly.

Q_File
Q_File
108 posts
Nomad

Maybe if more people took the time to start new threads, the forum activity would increase as a whole.
Just an idea.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe if more people took the time to start new threads, the forum activity would increase as a whole.

Starting a thread isn't as easy as it looks! You actually have to think of a decent enough topic that is original enough not only to attract people to post, but also to hold a discussion long enough so that the thread doesn't just die after a day or two!
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

The activity has been low before, but this is the lowest I've ever seen it. With any luck, it won't stay this way for very much longer.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Starting a thread isn't as easy as it looks!

*New Thread Button*
*Title of thread*
*Explanation of what thread is about*

...that seemed pretty easy.

The activity has been low before, but this is the lowest I've ever seen it. With any luck, it won't stay this way for very much longer.

Explanation of why this happens and how it happens every year has already been provided in previous posts.
Showing 16-30 of 41