ForumsThe TavernWhat if the world really did end.

19 2443
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

How would the world end? How would u prepare for the world?

• 19 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Giorgio Tsoukalos getting angry and calling his alien brethren to destroy earth.

Become friends with Giorgio Tsoukalos.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Become friends with Giorgio Tsoukalos.

good luck with that
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

The earth is slowly loosing water because factories put toxic waste in the rivers where we get water. Once all the rivers will turn into toxic wastes, well, we would have no water and after that you know what will happen. Another way how the world would end is that the earth is moving closer to sun every year. (someone told me that before some two years or somethin) And once we get close enough to sun, it will suck us in and everything will burn out. And I would only try to warn people about that, It's the only way how to prepare for that. We can keep our water, but getting destroyed by sun is inventable. So actually we have to be prepared for that to happen.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

obviously your an atheist then, and we might be getting closer to the sun but the sun is also shrinking.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Giorgio Tsoukalos

Who?

The earth is slowly loosing water because factories put toxic waste in the rivers where we get water.

Actually, there have been findings that can help us with purifying even the most polluted water. Once water is polluted, it doesn't take much to fix it. I would've thought that was common sense.

I assume you haven't taken high school chemistry...

Nevertheless, theories of the earth closing in on the sun are irrelevant because we will most likely be at the last level of Age of War 2 by then and will have traveled across the universe to find another habitable planet.

Sorry for the bad description, but it was all I could think of.
Pegasus16
Pegasus16
48 posts
Nomad

It will end, when God wants it to

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Actually, there have been findings that can help us with purifying even the most polluted water. Once water is polluted, it doesn't take much to fix it. I would've thought that was common sense.

Hormones cannot be taken out of the water easily. They're not in the category of toxic waste I guess, but they're still not to be ignored. But even if most rivers were full of different hormones, the world wouldn't end, lol...

obviously your an atheist then, and we might be getting closer to the sun but the sun is also shrinking.

I never heard of any of them, sun getting smaller or earth getting closer... actually the way life on earth will most probably end is when the sun will be getting bigger towards its lifes end. The earth will be eventually engulfed by the sun before it gets smaller again, but life will be roasted long before; it will start the moment the temperature gets too high.
But that's only in 5 billion years, so...

Nevertheless, theories of the earth closing in on the sun are irrelevant because we will most likely be at the last level of Age of War 2 by then and will have traveled across the universe to find another habitable planet.

If we survive 'till then, yes. I wouldn't take human survival as 100% granted. Most pessimistic guesses I've heard give us another 300 years.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Manlyman, where have you got the information about what you said?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It will end, when God wants it to

That was the best answer yet!
--.--

Manlyman, where have you got the information about what you said?

Well, Manlyman said the OP was an atheist. I assume he said this because the OP said nothing about rapture leading to apocalypse.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Well, Manlyman said the OP was an atheist. I assume he said this because the OP said nothing about rapture leading to apocalypse.

Nah, he said jeff was an atheist because the explanation was more rational than religious, and jeff wants to know where manlyman got the information about the sun shrinking.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Nah, he said jeff was an atheist because the explanation was more rational than religious, and jeff wants to know where manlyman got the information about the sun shrinking.

Oh, duh. That was idiotic of me.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Grab gun.
Shoot self.

Problem solved.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Grab gun.
Shoot self.

Problem solved.

Now in case of a rather quick catastrophic event, this sounds stupid. I'd rather be for something in this line:

Grab can of cool beer.
Sit outside.
Enjoy the show.

Die.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Yeah, Hahiha's idea is better then making a suicide.

beckitten27
beckitten27
336 posts
Peasant

The world will end when Chuck Norris is bored!

Showing 1-15 of 19