3. Battlefield 3
2. Gears of war 3
1. Skyrim

• 62 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Thanks Ernie for actually talking about you top favorite games. I feel no reason to read a person's list if I can't at least see why they enjoy their games... though all your top 5 games do seem to have a common theme. lol (If someone recreated this thread but explained that each poster should explain their list, I would lock this this thread and let the other one live on in an instant)

I never had a chance to play Sim City 4, and it's such a shame it doesn't work with Windows 7. I've always wanted to play it. That was long in the past. As for Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 being ranked higher than 3, I actually have to agree. (seriously, these rhymes are unintentional) There's just something about RT2 that's more appealing than 3.

I'll create a list of the top 5 games I enjoy the most. The list is subject to change, because it's honestly hard to place these games in any specific order. Heck, it's hard to even think of 5 games since I've played so many great in my life.

-----------------

5. [b]Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Between Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, I had a hard time picking which one should go in the number 5 spot. Both are wonderful games and if I had to rate them, they would have identical scores. In the end, I had to pick Order of Ecclesia. Although both games have plenty of objects to collect, Dawn of Sorrow requires way too much farming. In Dawn of Sorrow, you have a chance of collecting an enemy's soul when it dies, but it can take up to 30 minutes of killing the same enemy over and over just to get it's soul! To add insult to injury, the soul's abilities will often power up when you collect multiples of them, and some of those souls are even used to upgrade your weapons! If Dawn of Sorrow was more lenient with their drop rates, the game would have been far more enjoyable than it already is.

Order of Ecclesia sends you out to hunt down a man who wishes to revive the evil Count Dracula. On your journy, you pick up glyphs. Some glyphs must be found, others must be obsorbed as an enemy cast's a spell, and other glyphs only appear after you kill a particular enemy. There are only a few glyphs dropped by enemies, and though some of the glyphs can be a pain to get, their drop rates fair far better than some of the souls you collect in Dawn of Sorrow.

Although there is quite a bit of exploration in Order of Ecclesia, it differs from most recent Castlevania games by sending you to a bunch of smaller areas instead of one large one. The game is far more linear, where you'll find yourself walking simple 'left to right' type of paths. This may or may not be a welcome change of pace for Castlevania fans. Personally, I enjoyed the simplicity. Some of the glyphs aren't too interesting, and some glyphs are completely broken, making the game quite a bit easier (and the final boss fight impossible to lose), but it is still an incredibly difficult game, especially your first time through and when you play hard mode (from level 1).

I haven't bought Castlevania Portrait of Ruin yet, but if you plan on buying a Castlevania DS game, you can't go wrong. Both Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia are great games, and both are fun in their own ways. Even though Dawn of Sorrow didn't make the list, it can be more fun than Order of Ecclesia at times.

4. Chrono Trigger - I never played the original Chrono Trigger for the Super Nintendo, I played the DS port. The DS port of the game is supposed to be fairly identical, with only a few minor changes and some additional content. They also included a few new items and quests, but they're only accessible after you beat the final boss, which allows you to have a more "genuine" experience up to that point.

Chrono Trigger is amazing. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, is often regarded as the best video game ever, but really, Ocarina of Time should be sharing the spotlight with Chrono Trigger - that's how amazing Chrono trigger is!

Chrono Tigger offers a combat system that was unique at the time. Combat played like any other RPG, but it played out in real time. If you set you controller down during a battle and leave to get a drink, you'll come back to find your characters dead (this can be turned off, at least in the DS version). There is a great variety of attacks and other abilities, and the menus are easy to navigate. There are side quests in the game that will allow you to obtain better weapons and armor, but unlike many RPG's these quests aren't cryptic, which makes the game far less overwhelming. In fact, I believe Chrono Trigger is easy to enjoy because it found a great balance between depth and player friendliness.

If you own a DS, or a 3DS, go online and BUY THIS GAME. It's amazing - simply amazing.

3. Banjo-Kazooie - I'll admit, part of the reason why I love Banjo-Kazooie so much is the nostalgia factor. But, don't get me wrong, it's still an amazing game. Even though I believe everyone should give this game a shot, I can only strongly recommend the game to people who enjoy platformers, or grew up with the Nintendo 64.

There's really not a lot I can say about the game. It's your typical platformer, only polished to a shine. It focuses heavily on collecting items, but unlike many collect-a-thons, it's actually fun trying to collect everything! I can't explain why, but it is. The graphics for its time are beautiful, especially compared to other great N64 hits such as Super Mario World 64. Then, there's the music. The music is just aw inspiring.

Banjo-Kazooie was released at a time when Rare were The Beatles in the video game world. Rare created a number of amazing games, including a sequel to Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie. Banjo-Tooie, like Banjo-Kazooie, is absolutely amazing. In most ways, it's the superior games. My only problem with Banjo-Tooie is that it can become a little overwhelming at times. It's still a great game, and superior to Banjo-Kazooie in almost every way, but there's just something about Banjo-Kazooie and it's (compared to Tooie) simplicity.

2. Metroid Zero Mission - Had I only played this game once or even twice, this game would have never made this list. But I find myself playing Metroid Zero Mission over, and over, again. Sure, the game has great replay value (more on that later), but I find myself playing through the game the same way over, and over, and over again, and it never gets old - even if I am unlocking the same reward every time!

Metroid Zero Mission is a remake, or a "re-imagining" of the original Metroid game for the NES. The graphics are beautiful, the sounds are very good (admittedly, not the best, but it works perfectly none the less), and the gameplay is smooth, responsive, and just a blast.

There are a number of different rewards you can unlock depending on how you beat the game, each reward is a picture of Samus. The reward you unlock depends on the difficulty you beat the game on, the percentage of items you collected, and the time it took to beat the game. There are 8 endings. I enjoy playing through the game on normal, collecting %100 of the items, the most.

Some people prefer Metroid Fusion, but I honestly don't understand why. It's a fun game, definitely worth playing, but I beat it once and I couldn't care less to beat it again anytime soon.

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - I know, how cliche? I picked the game that's already recognized as the best game of all time by a great deal of many different people. But there's a reason why this game has such legendary status. It truly is amazing! The only game that deserves to share the spotlight with this game is, as I said earlier, Chrono Trigger.

LoZ OoT has impressive graphics for the Nintendo 64. Admittedly, they aren't the best, as much of the scenery tends to feel "flat", but the game still manages to come off as beautiful and makes the art work. The gameplay is very solid, and uses a nontraditional targeting system. The puzzles are fun, as well as the boss fights. The world just engulfs you and it's fun to collect and use all the different items you come across along your journey.

Anyway, those are my top 5 games (that I can think of). That turned into a lot more typing than I had planned, so I'll not worry about honorable mentions.

EB8699
EB8699
1 posts
Farmer

Top 5 PC:

Runescape
Terraria
Minecraft/Tekkit
Star trek online
Portal 2

kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

1. legend of zelda: skyward sword
2. pokemon(all versions ex: pokemon black, pokemon white... whatever)
3. xenoblade chronicles
4. starfox: assault
5. kirby air ride

I like second person shooters lol

4 and 5 are gamecube games

legend of zelda: skyward sword is epic!!

got intrested in pokemon again when they advertised pokemon black #2 and pokemon white #2

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Here are my current favorite games on my consoles:

5: Mario Kart Double Dash (For the Gamecube (of course))
4: F-Zero (For the Gamecube only)
3: Tekken 5 (For the PS2)
2: Gladius (For the Gamecube, PS2, or Xbox)
1: Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (For the Gamecube only)

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

some pc and some ps3
5.the sims 3
4.half life 2
3.skyrim
2.team fortess 2
1.kingdoms of amalur reckoning (ps3) /kingdom hearts 2 (ps2)

Cristalfox
Cristalfox
142 posts
Blacksmith

-Zelda
-League of legends
-COD
-Mario
-***. creed 3

Coq
Coq
30 posts
Jester

1. Final Fantasy 7 (props to VI, X and Tactics as well)
2. Front Mission 2 - Gun Hazard (Props to FM I and III as well)
3. Zelda : Ocarina of Time
4. Fallout - New vegas (props to entire series)
5. Civilization 3 (Civ IV is pretty cool as well, V sucks though)

Special mention to Chrono Trigger as well, GREAT game

Mostly old games tbh

jamebond081
jamebond081
1 posts
Nomad

Need For Speed
Grand Theft Auto
GTA Vice City
Call of Duty Black Ops
Grand Theft Auto SanAndreas
Download Free PC Games

Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

1:Skyrim
2:Gears of War 3
3:Crackdown 2
4arksiders 2
5:Halo 4

I'm an Xbox gamer.

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

my top 5 v.2

5. infamous 2 - i have been liking the evil powers but i need to play the first one
to understand a bit more. (ps3)

4. minecraft - muiltplayer ftw (pc)

3. crysis 2 - it's a great game, nice story so far and shotgun is too op fighting the ailens on it.

2. team fortress 2 - same as last time

1. assassin's creed 1 - very little desmond means it's a good game and my fave out of the frahcise i have play

p.s i not myself a bit so it's a bit rushed.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Wow. I cannot think of many computer games that I have played. Hmmmm. Man I have to go way back. So this will be a pretty bad list but here we go.

5) Rogue Squadron: This game is only the best game I have ever played when I was in an airplane. I remember countless hours figuring out how to beat levels without taking much damage and trying to figure out how to beat Wedge. I think I finally did that but it took forever. Sadly once my family's old computer broke and we got a new one the processor was too fast so it was like I was flying at a million miles an hour. Still I fought my way through the first level cause I could.

4) Star Wars: Galactic Battleground: The game is exactly like AoE or Starcraft but with Star Wars characters. I remember loving the game and then looking up cheats which eventually led to me just using those all the time. Still the game was great fun to play and I enjoyed it.

3) Spore: Spore was a completely different type of game then I have ever played before. You made you own creature and played as it from a microbe all the way to becoming a force across the galaxy. Probably my favorite part was when you were still an animal but on land, I believe it was the creature level. Just running around killing guys was great. The game was also great though when you could travel through space colonizing planets, making friends and making enemies. The Grox (or however you spell it) were a great part of the game, seeing how you had the choice to fight them or befriend them. Sadly befriending them made you the enemy of everyone else in the game.

2) Zeus: In Zeus you are the leader of a city. You have to build you city from a section of land. However, building your city was never easy. You had to supply your city with water, food, and other things to get your people to come there and grow. The game was made more complicated when Medusa or other evil monsters would attack your city. If you were lucky you would have a temple already built to a god that would protect you. If you didn't though there went part of your city that you worked so hard to build.

1) Age of Empires: Anytime someone mentions Starcraft I tell them that it is just a ripoff for AoE. AoE II is the best for me. It is like Starcraft but original and awesome. I could go on but the gameplay is the same and you probably don't really care anyway.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

1. minecraft
2. strike force heroes
3. minecraft
4. mario kart
5. kingdom rush

nerp.

xgeogander
xgeogander