ForumsThe Tavern[necro]"It's so hot!" "IT'S SUMMER TIME!"

34 21576
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

I'm so annoyed with people complaining about the weather and how hot and dry it is. (at least where I am) Seriously, it's summer time, the weather is supposed to be hot, go out side, get a tan, sweat, hurt your self, go do something!

It's not going to do you any lasting damage, heat isn't all that bad. I hate having to listen to "It's so hot!" Well yea, it is, it's summer. Give it a few months and I'll have to listen to you complain about how cold winter is.

So to give this thread some reason other me complaining about whinny people, what do you guys do when it's warm, or, to stay cool so you don't complain and annoy the hell out of all your friends?

• 34 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

The thing is, it didn't get this hot previous summers. At most where I live it got up to 90, the normal weather was 70-80, but now it's 100 every day. I also prefer cooler weather, fall and winter is great.

I go to a pool or stay inside, not much else to do or I want to do in 100 degree weather.

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

Where I live in the summer it is usually only in the 80's, now we are having high 90s and above. It is very hot, but I enjoy it.

We have a pool, so I do that. If it gets too hot, or I get really sunburnes, I'll spend the hottest parts of the day inside. But we don't have air conditioning, so it isn't much cooler.

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Well, a power outage for 8 days in 105 degree weather is quite annoying.

I enjoy hot weather to be honest. My friends, well, everybody in my immediate area hates to be inside, so they just stay inside, and complain about how they actually sweat a few days earlier.
They forget what nature is like.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

i prefer cold and rainy, i hate the heat. i wish we had the winter months off instead of the summer ones, though i wouldn't want to do PE in this weather

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

Lol, this reminds me of a pic I saw.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa339/auggy2627/batman-its-hot-outside.jpg

I don't really mind the heat though because I have summer job working on a golf course and my boss gives us giant freezies.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i can imagine it.

2 guys are walking in the middle of nowhere during a blizzard. once of them falls and the other one holds him to support him. the first person says: "........im... so cold"

and the other one replies: "duh... its winter".

lol personally i have no idea why it annoys you so much when people complain about something that makes them feel uncomfortable XD

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

It is 109 I think here. It is hot but I don't mind. I am used to the heat because I lived in the desert most of my life.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

It is curruntly 108F with a high of 110. I don't particularly care for the heat, so I stay inside all day, but I deal with it since I have lived in the Desert for the past 12 years. This summer hasn't been too hot, for my location, but It's not been a picnic either. Usually it's a high of 118 right now so I don't mind 110.

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Me I just go outside get under a tree and sleep till it's night wake up and go for a jog or go do something else.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Seriously, it's summer time, the weather is supposed to be hot, go out side, get a tan, sweat, hurt your self, go do something!

Sound like my last summer! XD But yes I don't mind hot weather actually, the hotter it is the better in my opinion. Well I was born in a hot region so I am kinda used to it. Im used to 100 degree weather but it isn't that bad if you go to a pool or blast the Air Conditioner. XD Or take cold baths and showers that can help.

But yes I see what you mean, it is summer it is suppose to be hot. And if it is to hot, then you can go to Alaska, Im sure it isn't to bad there! XD
x0XsparkmanX7x
x0XsparkmanX7x
4 posts
Nomad

I don't really mind the heat all that much. Lawl, I was out walking the streets of Philly with my peeps and one guy in our group - who just so happens to be black - was complaining about the heat. Just made me laugh a little bit.
If the black guy complaints it's hot it's hot why cause they have better heat resistance than us white people .
PS:not trying to be racist.

Laughable97
Laughable97
125 posts
Nomad

I had to get a converter. Seriously, hurry up and get to the metric system.

Anyway, I live in Australia and really what your describing is about spring weather for us. To be honest if it's really hot I just usually go to the beach or drink a lot of water.

I used to be really bad in hot weather but lately it hasn't really bothered me. It doesn't take long to get used to it but by next winter I'm already cold again.

The weather system is cruel.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Hot? Please, I can take 122 degree heat and laugh. Humidity? I cannot take. I need dry air or I die. I'm dying if I go outside. I get better tans in winter than I do in summer for just this reason.

A desert man does not belong in a swamp.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I love the heat. I wish I could live in place that had 100+ weather year-round.

Instead, I live in a place that's cloudy half the summer. If it weren't for this economy and my lack of skills in almost any department, I would not hesitate to move to a more dry, desert-like area.

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

ya sometimes I tell my friends that are playing Xbox or something that we should go play soccer outside because its summer and in the winter it snows so I don't like to ski so lets go play but they just sit there and play Xbox

they're waste

Showing 1-15 of 34