ForumsWEPRMarilizing Legajuana

58 18844
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

So, what's your guys thoughts on Marijuana? Should it be legal? Should it not? Is it good for you? Or is it bad? Does it cause addiction, or not? Advantages and disadvantages of legalizing it? Should people be thrown in jail for years because of possessing marijuana it, but get 2 years of jail for killing a person?

I honestly think it should be made legal worldwide. It doesn't cause any addictions, as far as I know. It causes a lot less harm to our lungs and what-not. It feels awesome smoking it. Hell, it kills less people than Cigarettes do. One of the largest advantages I see is probably the fact that criminals will make much less money from selling cannabis, which can be grown by anyone, anywhere. A lot less actually. Disadvantages? I really can't think of any.

• 58 Replies
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

Well then how many people are actually addicted to marijuana? Because I can confidently say that all the people in my facebook friend list (back in the fatherland at least) smoke weed, 1 or 2 joints a week. So, that's about 570 people, and none of them are addicted, but smoke weed when they have absolutely nothing smarter to do.

Very few people. Probably less than 0.1% of smokers, maybe even substantially less.

It is not a valid argument against marijuana though. Literally everything is psychologically addictive, but marijuana itself is not addictive.

You make the assumption that am arguing against "marijuana," whatever that means. I'm arguing in favor of legalizing marijuana. Smoking marijuana, like anything else, can become an addiction, but marijuana itself is not addicting.

How many times do I have to say this? I've said it twice in my previous post and once more in the post before that.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

it still makes me mad that people argue whether marijuana should be legal and taxed and regulated only because it is not harmful.

It doesn't matter if it is harmful or not compared to any other substance.

So you basicly say that marijuan should stay illegal without connection to its effects?
its just like illegelizing the word "Greenie".
it may SOUND like a racist word, but it isnt and is not hurting ANYONE (well maybe except people who are actually green).
Marijuana: Looks like a dangerous drug, sounds like a dangerous drug, is not a dangerous drug, those that died from it are probably allergic or somthing.

Do you see the similarity?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i c you guys are arguing if marijuna is addictive yes or not. as a long time user myself and what i learned about it is that it is not physical addictive.
it is not like whit cigarets that your body over time feels the need to smoke. and when you don't you start to shake and in sometimes become fat because of some chemical reaction or something like that in your body. (dunno that part but it doesn't matter anyway)

marijuana and smoking in overall (also cigars that your not supposed to inhale anyway) are however mentally addictive.
and to understand that you have to know how a addiction works.
when someone smokes this usualy (at 1st period) happens when friends are close and when your having a good time. so our brain connects having fun whit smoking. the person then wants to smoke when he is having fun. while latter the brains turn it around and think that smoking is having fun.
and so the person wants to get that good feeling of smoking more often. aka: addiction

don't get me wrong here. this is not what the people actualy think, but how the brain connect things whit eatchother.

for better explenation i should seek the source of the show i saw about addictions. wich was dutch so thats going to be hard here xD

anyway.. so. yea marijuana is addictive like everything els in the world. but not physicaly.

plus you lose all your motives in life and all you want to do is get high.

i use it for over 20 year, daily if i can. i love to smoke it after a day of work or befor sleeping. and i have enoufg motives to live for. and getting high is not 1 of them.

I would just like to say that it is possible to be addicted to marijuana, just like one can be addicted to gambling or eating hamburgers.

or about everything els life has to offer.

And you probably couldn't. I mean, you don't chain weed like some do cigarettes

yea it's possible, a coffeshop in my town has a box whit 25 different joints. we bought 2 of them and smoked them empty in about 14 hours.

Not to mention that an estimate for ODing by smoking marijuana requires you to smoke your body weight in like an hour or something equally ridiculous.

i dunno what ODing is (except that it's a sex toy in dutch but you probably don't mean that =P ) but i do know that when you smoke to much (like 10 gram in a hour) you have to puke. and when your done puking. your are not stoned anymore at all. (just hungry)

-thats all folks. ^.^
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

In my opinion, it's not my job to tell people what they can and can't do in life. If they are aware of the risks, I think it should be legal (although, there should be designated places for smoking to minimize secondhand exposure).

TheOtherNevin
TheOtherNevin
2 posts
Nomad

If anyone wants to use it, that's there choice, not anyone elses! That itself is enough reason for it to be legal. But to anyone that thinks smoking cannabis increases the risk of lung cancer, yes you'll inhale carcinogens if you smoke the plant, but THC actually kills cancer cells. It's an extremely useful plant, not just for getting high.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

If anyone wants to use it, that's there choice, not anyone elses! That itself is enough reason for it to be legal.

so cocain and heroin should be legal?
or if some1 wants to use C4 he should be able to buy it from walmart?
not to mention all the other bad things.
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

American WalMarts have nearly everything else, why not?
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Okay uh, partydevil. How the heck do you have so many forum posts yet your grammar is that of a 2nd grader? Please, spell check.

I really don't feel like going back and quoting and blah, so...

@danielo read his freaking posts all the way instead of assuming. He is FOR legalizing. *facepalm*

@partydevil, if you don't know what something is in a post, before making yourself look like a dipwad, google it. OD is overdosing.

Smoking enough pot in a day to equal your weight is probably not a problem for the everyday pothead, because that is way too much money to spend on weed.

One to two joints a week is seriously low. There are plenty of people I know who smoke like a joint or two a day. It isn't addictive, but it's a nice feeling and who doesn't wanna feel good all the time? :P

I sadly have to agree with partydevil @theothernevin, because I can choose to kill all the Jews in the world but you know, that could totally start a world war. Think before you post.

I don't have a legitimate reason for weed to be legal, except that our government should just give up on it. Because you aren't going to stop us from smoking weed, buying, selling , or growing it. It will always go on and instead of punishing something as silly as getting high, they should focus on something that actually matters.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Okay uh, partydevil. How the heck do you have so many forum posts yet your grammar is that of a 2nd grader? Please, spell check.

He's Dutch. Forgive.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

He's Dutch. Forgive.

Spell check available in all languages
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

so cocain and heroin should be legal?

As long as they don't infringe on the rights of others, then yes. If someone wants to get high and they know the risks, they should be able to, as long as they aren't forcing others to use it or operating machinery while intoxicated or being publicly intoxicated etc.

If someone wants to blow up some of their own property, they should be able to, as long as the shrapnel doesn't damage others or the property of others. Perhaps have laws where the purchaser can only buy certain amounts based on their property size and must use it within a few hours and must be accompanied by law enforcement who verify that they use it all and were at a safe distance away etc. Or the buyer doesn't handle the product at all and the law enforcement just does what the person wants as safely as possible.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

As long as they don't infringe on the rights of others, then yes. If someone wants to get high and they know the risks, they should be able to, as long as they aren't forcing others to use it or operating machinery while intoxicated or being publicly intoxicated etc.

Intoxication is so strong from cocaine and heroin that it is deemed unsafe to society. Once you start taking something, it isn't up to you to stop or not. After you begin to feel high, your sense of reality is disrupted and you may try to take more. When more and more is consumed, your chances for an OD are skyrocketed. Your perception of reality becomes so messed up you don't have any self-control. That's why it's illegal.

If someone wants to blow up some of their own property, they should be able to, as long as the shrapnel doesn't damage others or the property of others. Perhaps have laws where the purchaser can only buy certain amounts based on their property size and must use it within a few hours and must be accompanied by law enforcement who verify that they use it all and were at a safe distance away etc. Or the buyer doesn't handle the product at all and the law enforcement just does what the person wants as safely as possible.

No offense, but this is stupid. If a civilian got their hands of a dangerous product such as C4, they could easily hurt themselves as well as others. C4 is a highly unstable product that is hard to control; the detonator may not know how to handle it and could unintentionally hurt someone else. This is just asking for chaos.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Intoxication is so strong from cocaine and heroin that it is deemed unsafe to society. Once you start taking something, it isn't up to you to stop or not. After you begin to feel high, your sense of reality is disrupted and you may try to take more. When more and more is consumed, your chances for an OD are skyrocketed. Your perception of reality becomes so messed up you don't have any self-control. That's why it's illegal.

Yet they're still the only person getting directly messed up by it. It they know the risks, they should be able to take it. Look at the stuff legal drugs can do. Abilify, for example, can lead to an increased chance of suicide or death or stroke or a life threatening condition or permanent uncontrolable muscle movements or coma or death or seizures and impared judgement or motor skills.

No offense, but this is stupid. If a civilian got their hands of a dangerous product such as C4, they could easily hurt themselves as well as others. C4 is a highly unstable product that is hard to control; the detonator may not know how to handle it and could unintentionally hurt someone else. This is just asking for chaos.

Perhaps don't give it to them. They could pay the expenses and have law enforcement do it as safely as possible in a controlled area, like they do on Mythbusters.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Yet they're still the only person getting directly messed up by it. It they know the risks, they should be able to take it.

But you get people sharing it with other people, which will happen in a world like this. The people trying it for the first time won't always know the complete risks, and end up killing themselves or severely injuring their bodies. Besides, if this stuff were to be legal, then it would be easier to get, correct? If it's easier to get, more people will be affected by it.

Look at the stuff legal drugs can do. Abilify, for example, can lead to an increased chance of suicide or death or stroke or a life threatening condition or permanent uncontrolable muscle movements or coma or death or seizures and impared judgement or motor skills.

"Legal" prescription drugs are only given when necessary, and they have a good side. Sometimes the good outweighs the bad. Your doctor's decision is what is final, as he/she has the power whether to prescribe it to you or not. Besides, taking prescribed medication in such a way that violates the instructions violates federal law.

Nevertheless, cocaine and heroin don't have a good side other than a temporary "good feeling." The negative effects are also a LOT worse and a LOT more common that prescription meds. They affect your body in ways you can't even imagine.

Perhaps don't give it to them. They could pay the expenses and have law enforcement do it as safely as possible in a controlled area, like they do on Mythbusters.

Guns are outlawed in England. There is a LOT less gun-related crime across the pond. You'd have more crime if you gave out C4. Not to mention it would be deadlier.

Oh, and Mythbusters has about 500 different permits they have to have, as well as 1,000 little waivers and forms that protects them from legal mumbojumbo. They have privileges, as what they do is for research only. If you meant research only, well, we already have that.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Spell check available in all languages

i'm not going to spell check when i'm posting in my free time. i only do spell check on importend documents and letters.

beside it's the i-net, not every1 in the world is english. so be happy i learned english. and don't write in dutch and then use a translater. that would be even worse.

also if armorgames would add a simple ëdit"button. most of the bad spelling will be corrected befor some1 reads it.

and also is this totaly off topic.

if you don't know what something is in a post, before making yourself look like a dipwad, google it. OD is overdosing.

it doesn't matter, you can't overdose marijuana anyway.
and if you can plz. show me evidense.

Smoking enough pot in a day to equal your weight is probably not a problem for the everyday pothead

this shows you have clearly no idea of the weight of marijuna nor the effect it gives.

I sadly have to agree with partydevil

so it seems like you did understand my post. and isn't that the only thing that counts? your on the i-net baby, get used to it that not every1 writes english a 100% correct.

because I can choose to kill all the Jews in the world but you know, that could totally start a world war. Think before you post.

and this is supposed to be something along the lines of what i said? your totaly twisting my words then.

the problem whit cocain and heroin is that it makes you use more and more over time because you wont feel the little bits anymore that people use to start whit. and when they need more and more they can't keep up whit the costs for it so they have to get the money in a illegal way. 9 out of 10 times harming other people to get this money.

If someone wants to blow up some of their own property, they should be able to

they already are. but then you have to go past the correct systems. not just buy some C4 from walmart and blow up whatever you want. it's just way to dangerous stuff to handle whitout care. like placing it in a supermarket.

those are the correct systems i ment. if you want to blow up something you can do that. but only whit planning. not just buying from walmart.

"Legal" prescription drugs

in the netherlands we have daily prescription heroin. for the sole reason that they are a problem for the rest of society.

He's Dutch. Forgive.

thx, nicho
Showing 31-45 of 58