Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Art Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

Posted Sep 30, '12 at 8:03pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

I would gladly step in as a judge if I was needed, but honestly I don't know enough about art to provide a detailed enough critique on every piece... after all, some of these pictures are worth much more than 1,000 words!

Posted Sep 30, '12 at 9:27pm

daleks

daleks

3,199 posts

I could judge sometimes but I don't want to be a full time judge. So I would be fine seeing what Skeleton can do if that is OK with you guys.

Posted Oct 1, '12 at 5:49am

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,844 posts

If Skeleton wants to judge, I don't have any problem with that. I want this competition to keep going because I enjoy it.
Besides, if the future judge doesn't have time to judge and adds a new theme every two weeks instead of every week, it is fine with me too.

Posted Oct 1, '12 at 11:34am

ChromeDeathRazor

ChromeDeathRazor

284 posts

Gotta agree with Kegaumongo, we're here for the fun. Lets do things as long as we are happy with everything. It's OK if the Judging or themes get delayed now and then within reason; after all, the judges still have their own lives and stuff.

However, I would like to suggest that the Judges go easy on the theme... Making harder themes might turn down contestants...

Anyways...

So if you just used a thicker/darker line that would have helped.

I swear... My Scanner is plotting against me... That little B@stard have been always screwing up my artwork...

Posted Oct 1, '12 at 8:33pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

Alright, I guess I'm the judge now!

The theme is Secrets and the deadline will be Tuesday, October 9 unless there are any objections! Let me know if the theme is too hard or if there is a problem with the deadline! =)

Posted Oct 1, '12 at 8:45pm

daleks

daleks

3,199 posts

I swear... My Scanner is plotting against me... That little B@stard have been always screwing up my artwork...

Scanners are evil like that. One time I spent more time cleaning up the image then I did drawing it because of the printer.

Alright, I guess I'm the judge now!

Yep, unless Cen comes back or people start to hate you. I don't think the latter will happen. The topic seems good. It is better then what I would come up with.

Posted Oct 2, '12 at 1:22am

Balloon__Girl

Balloon__Girl

192 posts

I wish this was something I had the time/patience/skill to paritcipate in. I always thoroughly enjoy looking at everything everyone always submits.

Posted Oct 2, '12 at 5:28am

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,844 posts

or people start to hate you.

We're not gonna hate you.... but you've chosen a hard theme, at least for me. I don't know what to draw.

I have a question: can I add a small text to the drawing? Not a long text, just a short sentence.

Posted Oct 2, '12 at 5:35pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,785 posts

or people start to hate you.

We're not gonna hate you..

acually Killersup hates him :)

secrets.....*sigh* meh,this could go either way.

Posted Oct 2, '12 at 7:45pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

I have a question: can I add a small text to the drawing? Not a long text, just a short sentence.

You can, but it usually isn't a good thing if you need text to explain your piece.

Reply to Art Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

You must be logged in to post a reply!