ForumsWEPRChic-fil-A Controversy

97 26868
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

I'm sure most of you have heard of the Chic-fil-A controversy that has happened over the past month or so about the COO of the restaurant not supporting gay marriage.

If you haven't, here's the story. Dan Cathy, of Chick-fil-a said:

âWe are very much supportive of the family â" the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."

They also came to light of donations to anti-gay political organizations, including the Family Research Council.

This sparked huge controversy nationwide, many protests, and gay rights supporters also staged a same-sex "kiss day" at stores nationwide on August 4, among other things.

Now I must ask, what are your thoughts on this whole situation?

• 97 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

eventually every company is going to pick a side

not really. a person can decide that his business is nothing more then a business for money. doesnt matter which side you pick you will have pros and cons. and im sure many people dont want to take such a chance. i know i wouldnt.

what if microsoft and apple were for it. all christians will stop using a computer. (oooh, not so bad idea even. ^^)

LOL but honestly only the non-hypcritical (still not sure if i used that right) would stop using a com. just like the thing i posted about oreos. do you think the bigot people there actually stoped using and buying from the dozens of companies that support it? and if im not wrong the person who posted the list DID say something about coms and their support (or maybe they were made by many gays?) and that there is a 99% of those bigots using it to post those hateful comments.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Hypocritical means pretending to believe in something you actually don't. (that gay dude who hides it and instead says gays are evil)

And if microsoft, hp, dell, and other computer programs (not apple) said they supported gays, I wouldn't care as long as they didn't put a bunch of gay stuff all over my pc.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

And if microsoft, hp, dell, and other computer programs (not apple)

hp, dell and others make a OS?
don't think so

people could try linux. but good luck whit that. xD haha.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Hypocritical means pretending to believe in something you actually don't. (that gay dude who hides it and instead says gays are evil)

i got it right then :3

And if microsoft, hp, dell, and other computer programs (not apple) said they supported gays, I wouldn't care as long as they didn't put a bunch of gay stuff all over my pc.

i feel the same (and honestly... i think that even most gays would feel the same if what your talking about is making it all rainbow-ish and flamboyant) but even then... we wouldnt be able to do much XP
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Who really cares? We are all entitled to our opinion. Let them have theirs. They still have the friken best fast food EVAR!

do you think the bigot people there actually stoped using and buying from the dozens of companies that support it?

Better: the president supports gays. If you have a really, really, really, huge, outstanding, burning hate for gays well, Mexico is open.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Better: the president supports gays. If you have a really, really, really, huge, outstanding, burning hate for gays well, Mexico is open.

reminds me of those people who said: "if he gets allected im moving to canada".

and then i thought.... so you will move from a country that now has a better chance to accept gay mariage (being overly more social) to a country that already does? :S
Showing 91-96 of 97