ForumsSupport ForumFastest way to earn merits

35 5087
DarkGameLord73
DarkGameLord73
18 posts
Nomad

Hey guys, what are the fastest ways to earn merits? Thanks, I appreciate it.

• 35 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

If each one of these blatant spammers has an average of 2000 spam comments, even if there are only 10 of these users in question, that's 20000 comments to report. 200 full game pages of spam comments scattered across 2600 games. That's one hell of a lot of links to report.

If spam were at all even a fraction as easy as you thought it would be to deal with, the spam would've been gone already.

Does flagging actually do anything nowadays? I remember it didn't used to, but I'll try it if you insist it will do me some good. Just as long as it doesn't look like I'm abusing the feature.

Flagging works. It just works better for the spambots, because more people are inclined to flag those.
SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

I'm not trying to be a smarty-pants, but wouldn't having a system that requires 30 unique words in a game comment stop most of the issues. I would say 30 is too short for a proper review, but you guys need to make it easy to make AP. For the spambots, you can put up a system that prevents links, and reposted comments (helps with plagiarism issues too). These are just ideas, and I know implementing stuff like this is a real pain, but still the system as it is now is flawed.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Maybe. I don't think they're going to change anything until after the official launch of AG3. No one's really heard anything about it since cormyn said they were thinking of implementing a reputation system.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

There are 8 or 9 and only 1 or 2 of them are active.

yes gantic and freakenstein

The majority of spam comes fro users who are serfs? The kind who don't even look at the rules since they don't last very long? Stricter rules won't help clear these people out.

i doubt that i would expect it from ppl who are tired of the rules

I would be glad to help clean up this site.

you can by sending the links to mods
it helps em notify the spam

Maybe. I don't think they're going to change anything until after the official launch of AG3. No one's really heard anything about it since cormyn said they were thinking of implementing a reputation system.

everyone knows once cormyn left disaster began to strike AG went down and the launch of AG3 seemed to go away

BTW this forum name should be changed
to something about the mods
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

There are 8 or 9 and only 1 or 2 of them are active

Gantic and NoNameC68 are active. I think Freakenstein isn't on as much.
Showing 31-35 of 35