ForumsWEPRThe bad of your country.

58 16349
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

What's bad about your country, that most people don't realize or don't know? Does it have a government that promises one, but delivers instead a dictatorship? Does the government do nothing about corruption? Is the government itself corrupt? Do they have policies that make no sense?

Please, do share with us, I'm quite interested in learning more of this. If you want to know about my motherland, you just have to check page 3 of this thread, nicho and 314 did a beautiful job at describing the situation in Serbia.

• 58 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I guess what's bad about (Northern) Ireland is the sectarianism.
This whole Catholic Versus Protestant battle which actually makes no sense. Starting with the British troops in Ireland, Bloody Sunday and so on, this whole Nationalism/Unionism issue has dragged on through the generations.

Basically, if you're protestant, you tend to consider yourself British, thus you're unionist.
If you're Catholic, you tend to consider yourself Irish, thus you are nationalist.

It's all about Nationalists wanting a United Ireland and the Unionists wanting Northern Ireland to remain under control of the British.

Two conflicting viewpoints isn't that bad until it becomes literally ridiculous and riots break out, which is every year. Fighting over religion is nothing new, the reasoning behind it being stupid is nothing new but my City takes it to a whole new level of stupidity.
For example:

In the Scottish premier league we have Celtic and Rangers. Catholics in N.Ireland support Celtic, Protestants support Rangers. If you see someone wearing a football top of one of these teams 99% of the time you can determine their religion which for the majority of youths will determine whether you like them, whether you'll fire an insult or whether you'll jump them and beat them up. Football/religious conflict? Fair enough. The teams are Scottish so it makes no sense to make this judgement in Ireland, even though for the most part it's accurate.

If you come from a Nationalist Catholic family, you tend to be brought up hating the British and Protestants and vice versa. It's pathetic. It's getting better now, I guess but the riots still continue over football, over St Patricks day and the 12th July. Ridiculous.

christopher122
christopher122
19 posts
Nomad

Mitt Romney

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Mitt Romney

Oh boy, you better get explaining right now. *Cocks shotgun*

Seriously though, I do want to hear what you think is wrong with him.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

You want me even to start?

Ill make a list -

Ignorrant - it might sound racist, but more and more peopels become, well, stuiped. We mostly blame the 'easter culture', or what became of it. Its the arses. they are racist, there music is so Superficial and shallow, talking about fake love and alot of "me me me" "i dont want you to go because i was counting on you, i was counting on you" a simple exmple.
They are agains education, not learning at all, dont respect anything, dont read, violance, smoking and drinking from young age and Praise criminals life style. And i dont know how, but they become more and more. oh, and they are very racist too. They are the one who vote netanyaho and to the right wings parties, just because they see the world as 'right wing - good' 'left wing - traitor who need to be killed', and they just dont think.

Racism - i wont lie, as we keep the western bank and gaza at unclear situation, the mass start to see them as weak and primitive. they are also descirbed as a enemy over and over, in part iwhich is true, as there are groups who fight agaisnt us, which make more peoples to hate them. {Yhis is what these gruops want by the way. they want violance because then there leaders keep control and power}. So more and mroe of kids are born to see the arabs as inferior, as every nation does to its enemies. its a rotten situation.

I dont say thet the arabs who live in Israel live in terror or there are racist rules, but there are some cases that need to be fixed, like the beduians cases, but mostly its about the general feelings about the arabs that need to be changed. There need to be a strong leader to the palestinians who will be able to unit them and make once and for all an Agreement. We cant make one for hamas, one for hizbhualla, one for fata"h, one so on. This is the main problme.

Economy - because of the Security situation, there are alot of peopels who vote without even knowing tho who they vote for. all of these who vote for the 'likud' just because they think netanyaho will "take care of the arabs", and then cry when the taxes rise again and again, teh rich get richer while the poor get poorer and the medium class start to disapear.
The left wing Got more and more described as 'traitors', as they look like "infavoring the arabs over the Israeli's", as they try to show how the other side suffer too {no one that suffer havr time for sympathy}.

this is basicly what the problmes are. But now there are wings of changes.
By the flying spiggeti monster will, this elections will be diffruntes. the left wings got much stronger, and after some massive Protests over the economical situation i hope more peopels will get sense and show me that im wrong by the 'stupiedity level'. I dont know, maybe i became too much pesimist in the past years, but there is still hope.

Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

I live in america and the people here think nothing (or just about nothing) of our government, but I see many things wrong with it and want to stand up and speak my voice to all.

here we say we have a democratic republic but in reality we are becoming like the romans who had a republic which then changed to a anarchy later with the triumvirates wanting more power and i am scared that the same thing is gonna happen to america that the president or the senators will want more power and we won't have any democracy left.
this won't happen all at once though it is going on right now as we change our president or keep Obama this great place will become a false hope to the world and (just like rome fell) we will fall and become wiped out.

Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

Oh boy, you better get explaining right now. *Cocks shotgun*

Seriously though, I do want to hear what you think is wrong with him.

what do you like about him? I don't hate him but I don't like him either i've only seen the final debate (which was hilarious by the way).
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

The Federal government doesn't care in the slightest about the environment up here. They completely disregard it and don't pay attention to any studies about the repercussions from their actions.

Also, we are America's ***** because we don't want them to stop taking 75% of our exports.

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

The banks got the UK into a financial mess and the Government bailed them out, and now those who can least afford it are expected to pay to put the situation right while the rich get a tax break.

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

The worst part of America, at least in the Pacific Northwest, where I'm from, is the complete and utter lack of national pride. The West Coast is mostly liberal, which seems to be paired with an unfailing shame of America. It's all very European.

We label ourselves as the bully of the world, full of lazy, ignorant and overweight people (which, of course, every individual American thinks they are exempt from), and yet take very little action to change ourselves or our country. We have so little faith in our government that-- much like what was said about Singapore-- we transfer all the blame for the stereotypes we put on ourselves to the government, and expect the worst of them. The amount of Americans that believe in so-called 'Government Conspiracies' is overwhelming. It's just assumed that our government, elected by us, has some nefarious master plan to manipulate we, the people, for their benefit. It's absurd.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

The worse of my country is MQM.
It claims to a political organisation controlling the city of Karachi but they are nothing more than mobsters.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

the complete and utter lack of national pride.

pride is fine. but what i see mostly is that they become arrogant about it.
turning patriotism into nationalism and they are even noticing it.
but we as watchers of that show do notice.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

and they are not even noticing it.

argyle58
argyle58
4 posts
Peasant

I think that the thing about the U.S. that bothers me most is that, by and large, the population here just refuses to educate themselves on the important issues that are facing our country and the rest of the world. Most Americans get their news in sound bites of 2 minutes or less. I am constantly embarrassed by those "man on the street" interviews that air a lot here and in several countries in Europe where average people show their ignorance about our government and the important issues of the day.

You may guess that, since most of us are simply unaware as to what is going on here and abroad in the here and now, the average U.S. citizen is even MORE ignorant about history and its lessons.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Well in Vietnam obviously there is pollution >.<
But the kids here are not very well educated as they go into Vietnamese schools and they started swearing in kindergarten...
Plus the corruption here is insane!!

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

The British weather is terrible
We're a very violent nation
Everyone hates everyone
People seem to care more about celebrities and the X Factor than what's really going on.
People seem to think that everything will be handed to them on a plate.
We lack discipline

Showing 31-45 of 58