ForumsWEPRWhat did chick fil-a actually do wrong?

98 30891
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

What did they do wrong? I know that there is a thread similar to this but this is kind of a different question (so please donât lock it or I will be sad :C ) but really what did they do wrong? Itâs not like they said âwe should stone gays and not let them into our stores!!â they were simply stating their thoughts, so here is what I want you to do, this is going to be like a pole I guess, I want you to state what chick fil-a did wrong. Simple as that
Please no arguing, I just want to see what people think they did wrong

Again please donât lock this mod it will make me sad :C itâs not a duplicate

• 98 Replies
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

they did nothing wrong.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

they did nothing wrong.

yes, they did. if you looked at the previous statements as before:

1.they funded anti-gay groups like FRC.

2.they used money from the corporation to fund said practices, instead of kathy using his own personal funding to do so.

-Blade
_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

No, Your right. Being Gay is choice. Being religious is a choice. IF you can't respect that then I can't respect you. See how that works? I don't have a problem with anyone who is Gay but when people start being disrespectful against one another then it's a problem.

_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

What you are saying is that it is wrong to be anti-gay. I'm not agreeing with that I just respect people's opinions about it. If they don't like it then that's their right. You can't sit here and say that people's opinions are wrong. Then you are just as worse as them.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Being Gay is choice

Being homosexual is as much a choice as you are attracted to the opposite gender. Did you ever consciously decide for yourself, "I'm going to only feel attraction to females?" because I sure didn't. It's not a choice. Yes you can -choose- whether or not to participate in homosexual/heterosexual activities regardless of attraction, but that's ignoring the issue.

Being religious is a choice.

Having a belief is not a choice either. You do or don't. Participating in religious activities is, again, a choice.

What you are saying is that it is wrong to be anti-gay

Being "anti-gay" is as unnecessary and illogical as being "anti-cheesecake" or "anti-red t-shirt" or whatever. It's a personal choice that is based on a preference which is not consciously determined nor correctable and causes no harm to any non-consenting parties. There is absolutely no reason to be anti-gay other than irrationality.

If they don't like it then that's their right.

They can not like it all they want, and no one cares. What matters is that they're trying to impose that onto others and impede the rights of others in their beliefs.

You can't sit here and say that people's opinions are wrong.

Yes I can, and I am doing so. Opinions aren't some magical no-go zone where everyone is always right in happy fun land. You could hold the opinion that a blue helmet provides more protection than a red helmet and I would call you a fool. There are subjects where there is no 'right' opinion, like preference in aesthetics or taste, but this isn't one of those areas.

Then you are just as worse as them.

Let's look at this comparatively. Anti-gay groups are trying to stop the legality/social acceptance of homosexuals. anti-anti-gay groups are trying to stop arbitrary bigotry advocated by said anti-gay groups. Who's just as bad as who?
christopher122
christopher122
19 posts
Nomad

They are bigots.

BlueCup
BlueCup
2 posts
Nomad

They are bigots.

How, exactly? Oh, they donate to charites that don't support gays? Atheism is the king LOL AMIRITE DAE? Grow the **** up. Not everyone believes the same as you.
PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

A lot of good all those protestors did.

Chick-fil-A has now had their most profitable quarter in years.

Homosexuals want tolerance.....but they can't show it. Hypocrites, the entire lot of them.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

How, exactly? Oh, they donate to charites that don't support gays?

...yeah basically. And how they supported those terrible groups and the anti-gay agenda

Bigot - a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance

Homosexuals want tolerance.....but they can't show it. Hypocrites, the entire lot of them.

I know right? How dare they not be tolerate of people that want to oppress them and even try and mark them criminals for their sexuality
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

How, exactly? Oh, they donate to charites that don't support gays?

If only. No, they donated to groups that actively discriminated gays and wanted to make them criminals.

Atheism is the king LOL AMIRITE DAE?

What does that have to do with anything?

Grow the **** up. Not everyone believes the same as you.

Doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Why should homosexuals tolerate people who oppress them? It's like telling a black man to be tolerant of the signs preventing him from going into half the city before he gets granted rights.

If there's anyone who's bigoted, sad to say, it's people like you who think gays are somehow hypocrites.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

A lot of good all those protestors did.

Chick-fil-A has now had their most profitable quarter in years.

Actually it did do some good.
Chick-Fil-A Agrees To Cease Funding To Anti-Gay Organizations, Chicago LGBT Group Claims
Chick-fil-A Stops Anti-Gay Donations, Adopts Anti-Discrimination Policy
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Plus it spreads the word and makes it a more prominent agenda.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

However what is happening is that he instead supports anti-gay organisations, organisations that discriminate and actively act against other people simply because they don't like them.

Aren't you doing the same thing to this Chick Fil-A restaurant as they're doing to gay people? You're discriminating against them and actively working to ruin them much as they're to get rid of gay people. Hypocritical? I'm not saying it's right what Chick Fil-A did of course, just that a lot of you guys sound like hypocrites to me.

If there's anyone who's bigoted, sad to say, it's people like you who think gays are somehow hypocrites.

They're hypocrites. They tell people not to discriminate against them and not to act against them, but they did all that to Chick Fil-A.

One of the few times being a hypocrite is actually right and makes sense though (to stop discrimination and to stop hate groups). Don't you think?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Aren't you doing the same thing to this Chick Fil-A restaurant as they're doing to gay people? You're discriminating against them and actively working to ruin them much as they're to get rid of gay people. Hypocritical? I'm not saying it's right what Chick Fil-A did of course, just that a lot of you guys sound like hypocrites to me.

Going against discrimination isn't discrimination in itself. All they did was put the discrimination into the public view, stopped providing Chick-Fil-A funding and asked others to do the same.
Showing 31-45 of 98