ForumsWEPRAnarchism

133 35143
_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

I really do not think people understand what Anarchism is. I am an Anarchist myself and it is saddening to hear that people think that Anarchy is "Chaos" and "Disorder" when in reality it is the opposite. I think people have grown so attached to their governments that they depend on them to run their lives and without it there will be chaos. That's just chaos, not Anarchy. Anarchy is peace and order. Government is violence. Anyone care to add to this?
*If you are going to argue this please do not state the fact that it can not work. That is a lame argument and needs to be backed up with evidence and proof.
Thanks

• 133 Replies
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

You sure you will survive on your own heh?

So anarchy say the government wont tell you what to do? this is the point? This is how you orginize things. this iswhat make you able to be on the computer now.

I Guese your dream on anarchy is that everything will be the same. you will be able to be on your computer, eat whatever you want, watch movies... but yet obey no rules, no judges to judge you. You feel like the government is bad.

Why? because you want to be a rebel? Because You wnat to be compleltly free? what it wrong in today system?
In what anarchy will be better?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

The problem is the majority of people are weak minded

Well that is quite hurtful. And I don't think danielo, nich, Mage, partydevil, or myself are weak minded

Also, as the others have pointed out many times, anarchy doesn't succeed. It dies away almost instantaneously, and put it into a large setting like the USA, Within a very (VERY) short time span someone is bound to begin creating some form of government. So I wouldn't say people are weak minded for not being anarchists because like everyone else has just pointed out, it has already been proven to not succeed.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

That is my case...I don't see how else to present it. Anarchy is a natural thing...when it happens...it happens. And people will naturally turn to Anarchism.

This sums up my point aptly. Asserting it's naturalness without any argument.

I'm not saying anarchism is wholly impossible. It is getting more and more difficult to implement due to our context today. And human nature is human nature.
_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

Why? because you want to be a rebel? Because You wnat to be compleltly free? what it wrong in today system?
In what anarchy will be better?

No...it's the only thing that makes sense to me. Ya, do you like paying taxes? Do you like our current president? Our past? Do you enjoy the high gas prices that shot up recently? etc. Of course not.

And human nature is human nature.

And that's fine! I don't think Anarchy will work on a massive scale. Maybe in a little community, which there are plenty of those around.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

And that's fine! I don't think Anarchy will work on a massive scale. Maybe in a little community, which there are plenty of those around.

Given how integrated we are today; even a tiny village in Mongolia depends on cable TV and electricity, no it is not possible. Little communes are increasingly more dependent on the goods and services of large urban dwellings, and on far flung countries. Virtually almost every product we use has external input, rendering such communes obsolete.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

those little community's still have to pay taxes, still have to pay for gas, they still have the same past as the rest of the nation, they still have to keep themselves whitin the laws of the country they are in.
all nice that they call themselves a anarchist community. but in reality they are not.
(maybe a few in uninhabited areas like siberia. where the government don't even know their existence.)

Do you enjoy the high gas prices that shot up recently?

usa gas prices is allot lower then european or asian gas prices.
plz. stop crying about it. we pay about 6 times as much for it then you do.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

afcours i dont like paying taxes, and i dont like my prime minister at all. but this is things im accepet to suffer so ill live as i live today. anarchism wont let you play on the computer but yet dont paying nay taxes. you wont get gas at low prices and have international roads. No government - no large scale opporations. Only when people got enough power they started building cities, temples and etc. No group of nomad anarchist, who live by some codes and none othr than that, ever got things like that. they were free, but free for a short time, 30 age at the max. the Romans, the greeks and the persians, on the other hand, had leaders, had clerks, rules and taxes. and they could go watch a show, eat food from around the world, travel on good quality roads and live pass the age of 60.
so, what do you prefer, modenr life style or completly freedome?
The socity you live in is not that bad you know.

I mean, you dont suppose big companies and corporations like steam will keep work in anarchy, right?

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

the Romans, the greeks and the persians lived pass the age of 60.

they did not. (whit few exceptions there)
the avarege age went up when health care and medical research came to a boom in late 1700.

a government system has nothing to do whit it.

ofcourse whit anarchy this wouldn't have happend and we still would die young.
_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

usa gas prices is allot lower then european or asian gas prices.
plz. stop crying about it. we pay about 6 times as much for it then you do.

Am I just talking about the USA?...hm.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Am I just talking about the USA?...hm.

your not going to reply on the on-topic part of that post of mine?
then just don't post plz. let atleast be a part of it on-topic so it doesn't die. =)
EnigmaX
EnigmaX
101 posts
Nomad

a government system has nothing to do whit it.

One could argue, however, that a safe and sound society provided by a stable government gave scientists the environment they needed to produce such advancements. Imagine if Newton had been worried more about keeping a roof over his head, as opposed to wondering why apples fell. Or if Hooke had been fighting for his next meal instead of looking at pond water.

Just look at the aftermath of the fall of the Roman Empire: 2000 years of art, science, architecture, philosophy, in short, 2000 years of civilization, gone in a blink of an eye as Europe entered into what is now called the Dark Ages.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

One could argue, however, that a safe and sound society provided by a stable government gave scientists the environment they needed to produce such advancements

yea thats why i added
"ofcourse whit anarchy this wouldn't have happend and we still would die young." =)
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Please read the book "Guns, Germs, and Steel". A great book that will explaine to you alot about this. About the diffrunce between Centralized government and, well, anarchy or semi-anarchy {where there is some aothority, but its weak and mostly symbolic}.

EnigmaX
EnigmaX
101 posts
Nomad

Sorry if that out as critical. More or less tacking that on with what you were saying. Riding your coat tails, as the saying goes.

Out of curiosity, is anybody actually anything that could be remotely construed as an anarchist?

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Out of curiosity, is anybody actually anything that could be remotely construed as an anarchist?

i guess the somalian pirates

(np on the 1st.)
Showing 91-105 of 133