ForumsNews and FeedbackSignatures

63 5357
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,139 posts

I have relized that people love to put their signatures at the bottom of their posts, so I thought about it and relized that Armorgames should let us have signatures, where we could make our own with limited space. I would say more but I'm really tired and its like 1am here.

• 63 Replies
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
894 posts

There isn't really much point to having an image in your signature, unless said image was one of your name.

I don't really mind signatures on a forum, but I just think it makes the forum look less professional with the colour craze.

HahiHa
HahiHa
6,617 posts

We already have usernames, armatars and rank icons showing up for each post. Granted, apart of the username, the possibilities are rather restricted; but the armatars are somehow a distinctive feature of AG so letting us design individual avatars is probably out of question.

All of the personal information is kept on the side of the post, and usually there is still some free place left below it depending on the length of the comment. How about using that space for more individual configuration like a signature that would automatically resize to a max size if it's too big? That would somehow keep the signature frenzy away from the actual post.

zonic98
zonic98
549 posts

Less professional, you say? I don't think a small picture or couplelines of text would ruin anything.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
894 posts

If you saw something like this at the bottom of every post.

http://www.auplod.com/u/odplua1ce53.png

Would you not get annoyed after a while?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

Would you not get annoyed after a while?

I already want to stab you because of it

Now...imagine that picture..along with another one behind that..maybe a random looping gif next to it...and random quotes under it
zonic98
zonic98
549 posts

Well Ghost, that's a valid point.

jeol
jeol
3,845 posts

Now...imagine that picture..along with another one behind that..maybe a random looping gif next to it...and random quotes under it

That's why you have the option of turning it off.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
894 posts

That's why you have the option of turning it off.

By this do you mean the user using the signature can turn it off or you as a forum user can use the option 'block all signatures'

If that was the case, I would have no problem with signatures, but if 80% of users used said box - it would be a waste of time to implement something the majority of the community didn't want.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,229 posts

If that was the case, I would have no problem with signatures, but if 80% of users used said box - it would be a waste of time to implement something the majority of the community didn't want.

Precisely. If the admins ever had some time to kill this would be something to look at, but it isn't important enough for a spot in the AG3 updates.
jeol
jeol
3,845 posts

By this do you mean the user using the signature can turn it off or you as a forum user can use the option 'block all signatures'

Usually forums that implement signatures have the option of going into your control panel and turning off signatures, which means that you yourself won't see any signatures, though everyone else still has the option of viewing them.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
894 posts

the option of going into your control panel and turning off

Yeah, that's what I figured you meant.

The point I made in my last post still applies though; but, I'm sure the admins know what they're doing and what would work for the site or not.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,323 posts

@ GhostOfHorror : Imagine having your signature box made up as a gif with it's colors moving/changing round and round like a ferris wheel... I would probably be sitting behind my computer indefinitely, as I would be hypnotised. Not a pretty thought for me, or any user... (@.@)

zonic98
zonic98
549 posts

DayCee, but if we had an option to turn it on/off, we wouldn't have this problem.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,323 posts

True... That would help ease the pain a bit yes. But another side effect would be that it eats away on server space as well.

pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
644 posts

i want siqs i liked the tower

Showing 46-60 of 63