Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Gangnam Style

Posted Oct 13, '12 at 12:58pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,993 posts

Silly DayCee! It is a love song! (which really makes the video not fit with the song...). He is using parallelism when comparing her with him and how they are the perfect match for each other

Really pang?! (O.o) I have to say... ahmmm...
*frowns*
No, really?!?! (O.O)
You clearly MUST be joking here...
LOL

I was just joking. And after seeing the translation, it's better to stay in Korean, that makes no sense.

Exactly my thought! It has a bit of mystery when you hear a song that  is sung in a language you don't understand, so it stays fresh, funny and above all... mysterious! =P

But still, the dance is awesome :D

*hops around*
What?! Sorry... can't hear you!
*hops around*
Too busy dancing the happy pony!
*hops some more*
Sorry! Laterrr!!
*w-hop-a-gangnam style*
Heeeyyyy...

the way the guy says "Gangnam Style" is stuck in my head.

The translation states that he actually says something different to 'Gangnam Style', but I wouldn't know for sure unless a Korean person would tell me otherwise... ;)
And yes, it gets stuck in your head like a parasite! And when you finally get ridd of it, you hear it on the radio again and... you start allover! Whopa! (@.@)

Rayolight3 posted:

Does anyone here realize the "Gangnam Style" is actually a satire on the exuberance of rich people's lives in Korea? It's social commentary.

As you had already posted soccerdude2 , but I guess I missed that post in the beginning! ;)

And I too wiki'd 'Gangnam Style' to be honest. Curiousity got the better of me! =P

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 11:25pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,489 posts

Seriously, WTH is all the hype about this worthless excuse for music about?

To most people, it's catchy. And people also like the dance thingy.

Posted Oct 18, '12 at 12:00am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,175 posts

Seriously, WTH is all the hype about this worthless excuse for music about?

Because it gets stuck in your head, and his invisible horse dance is hilarious in how weird it is. Also you can't stop from watching the video again.

If you don't like psy, try hyuna's version of it. (search Gangnam Style (ft. Hyuna) to find it.)

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Oct 19, '12 at 10:04pm

nonfatcow

nonfatcow

11 posts

i used to like it until i realized its not that great

Posted Oct 25, '12 at 7:30pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,689 posts

Knight

Found an amazing version a few days ago. Just remembered this thread.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 1:13pm

113 posts

It's finally starting to get old to me.... Lasted a while even after overplaying but it's run its course.

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 3:00pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

215 posts

In my opinion the Gangnam song is incredibly silly and annoying, don't really like it at all :D

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 3:13pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,489 posts

It's finally starting to get old to me.... Lasted a while even after overplaying but it's run its course.

I watched some parodies of it. Some videos and lyrics are hilarious.

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 4:25pm

chives1

chives1

28 posts

This version was of Mark McLemore, a member of an a capella group Street Corner Symphony,  recorded himself doing a ton of sound effects from Gangnam Style and then layered the recordings into one video. So basically he sang the entire song and its music by himself through many, many clips. Funny and worth listening to - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … F5rQBfqPQ4

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 4:35pm

spikeabc

spikeabc

1,004 posts

we all know PSY's gangnam style was and is the best.
that song is great, TOTALLY agreed

Reply to Gangnam Style

You must be logged in to post a reply!