ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 95140
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

This round was certainly a flop if ever I did see one! I would like to thank the five of you who actually replied to this situation for your contributions, and I hope today's question will generate more responses!

The question this round is similar to the one on page 8, but it's tweaked slightly to make it more interesting...

If you had $1 billion (or the equivalent in your country's currency), but you only had one day to spend all of it, how would you spend it?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,783 posts
Chamberlain

Well since my question on page 8 wasn't answered I'm just going to assume this time around that whatever you don't spend after one day is just taken away and that you don't die after that say

I would invest all of it in dehidrated water

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

If you had $1 billion (or the equivalent in your country's currency), but you only had one day to spend all of it, how would you spend it?

I'd probably donate a lot of it, mostly to my city and local businesses so stuff that affects me more directly improves. I certainly wouldn't buy a fancy car/house/jet, because when the money is gone at the end of the day, I'd still need to pay for insurance, upkeep, and taxes later on. That's a big problem for struggling people who 'win' home makeovers and stuff. Their property value increases drastically and so do their property taxes. Many go into debt and get forclosed.
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I would probably donate large portions of it and still arrange to travel all over the place. I would just plan to visit even more places and attempt to book things even further into the future.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

1 million at tops in houses and nice stuff. 10 million on donations, and the rest I would put in something else. Don't know what.
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I would exchange it for 100 billion pennies and make 100 billion wishes in one day. One of them has to come true.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Go on a super sprending spree, buying everything I ever wanted, then pay some to cover the taxes on that much money, then give whats left to charity.

~~~Darth Caedus

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I'd probably buy 1,000 $1 million houses, or 2,000 $500,000 houses, or 5,000 $200,000 houses....you get the idea. I'd rent and lease them to people and make a wild profit for hopefully the rest of my life.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

First, I would realize that I'm Captain America as a baby because I just came back from the future. Then, I would go the the World's Fair the next chance I got. I've always wanted to go back and see what it would be like. Think about all the excitement that they brought forth and new technology (like ice cream cones!).

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

BTW, I was talking about the first question. =3

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Well since my question on page 8 wasn't answered

My apologies, I must not have seen it! =$

The answer is no, you don't die afterwards, the remaining money just gets taken away. =)

BTW, I was talking about the first question. =3

Haha, that's totally fine! You can answer any question you want at any time! There's just a new one every day to keep things current and to keep people's creative juices flowing! =)

I'll post something new in a few hours!
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

For the money question, I would donate a good half of it to my church and then I would buy a bunch of video games and then buy an aelienware laptop

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I did say I'd post something new "in a few hours", and that was about 5 hours ago, so before I go to bed I'll stay true to my word and post a new question...

What would you do if you could breathe underwater?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Is there any limit to how long I'd have this ability?

I'd like to say I'd do something like train to become an Olympic swimmer even though I'm a bit old to compete, but in reality I'd probably just go to the beach and roll around in the surf for a few hours. That's one of my favorite pastimes in the world, but I could enjoy it even more if I didn't have to worry about what I was breathing.

I'd move to Waikiki Beach if I could be a full-time surf-roller.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

What would you do if you could breathe underwater?

Assuming you couldn't die of hypothermia I would still do nothing, the water at the beach here is dirty and you can't see anything underwater. I would probably go diving without gear sometime on vacation.
Showing 181-195 of 518