ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 95081
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I take to them, hope they like me and teach them stuff. Then I thank them and never see them again.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I take to them

*Talk
Man. And I had been on a roll not messing up my posts in the forums.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

What would you do if you found out you were switched at birth and your parents were filthy rich?

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I would find them, then stare into their eyes, until they recognize who I am.
Then silently stare some more.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I have ZERO desire to be wealthy, so I would be interested in meeting them because they were my parents, but not because of the money. Then I would be curious as to why they gave me up and many other things as well as probably be upset my adoptive parents didn't tell me and feel confused.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Wait..which are the filthy rich parents...the parents I am with now..or my birthparents?

Parents with now - I would have already known this, so not much changed. Except I have the money to go talk to my real parents and all that boredom

Birthparents - Yay! 2 Christmases!!

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Leave them alone, although they are my biological parents, they would not be my mother and father.

~~~Darth Caedus

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

well... if they cared about me and they were good people id try to spend some time with them. if everything went fine i wouldnt mind moving with them (although id rather ask them to pay and let me go to college)

the fact they have money doesnt play THAT big of a role. only the college part has anything to do with it. id still consider (and probably would) move with them if they had enough money to live

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I'd mostly just be interested for the resemblance factor. At this point, my parents are my parents, even if they're not by biological parents. These two new figures would just be two new people in my life who look like me.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Then I would be curious as to why they gave me up and many other things as well as probably be upset my adoptive parents didn't tell me and feel confused.

When I say switched at birth, I mean accidentally... as in, your biological parents raised the biological child of the parents who raised you without any of you knowing that the two kids were being raised by each other's parents.

Wait..which are the filthy rich parents...the parents I am with now..or my birthparents?

Sorry I didn't specify, it's your birth parents who are rich!

Time for a new question! What would you do if you woke up one morning and everyone else in the world was missing?
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

When I say switched at birth, I mean accidentally... as in, your biological parents raised the biological child of the parents who raised you without any of you knowing that the two kids were being raised by each other's parents.

Well in that case I would wonder how in the world the hospital messed that one up, and then I would still be upset and confused, just not with my parents. I would be excited for another sibling-ish person as well as some new parents to get to know though!

Moving on....

What would you do if you woke up one morning and everyone else in the world was missing?

First off I would think I was dreaming, then I would think I was crazy. After that I would be terrified. I would attempt to figure out what happened, if something was going to happen to me, how I was going to survive (if I could survive) completely alone for the rest of my life. If I just figured I was crazy I would probably just go do ridiculous things, since it probably wouldn't have nearly as many consequences as it would with other people around.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

At first, I would go down to wallmart, steal several x-box 360s, play every game ever made, then go crazy when I realize there is absolutely no one else.

~~~Darth Caedus

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I would rule what's left of the world with an iron fist. Then I would award myself the Nobel Peace Prize for having the most peaceful reign in history.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I'd probably just laze around for about a week, maybe just live in a grocery store or something. I'd then probably have to adopt a more simplistic lifestyle, seeing as I'd have access to all the resources in the world but no way to renew them.

Of course, it wouldn't really make a huge difference in my life. Aside from not having the luxuries of fast food or the internet (the parts involving people, such as certain online communities), my life really wouldn't be drastically different. It's not like I interact with too many people on a daily basis, anyhow. Hell, I could do whatever I want without worrying about what everyone else thinks of me (I try to do that anyway but it isn't always easy). It would be a nice vacation to have everyone else just go away for a few days.

And when they came back, they'd never know what hit 'em. Let's just say there would be a lot of billboards with my face on them...

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Move to a place without any nuclear reactors, or major energy facilities.
If there's no one controlling them, the results could get a bit dangerous.

Then go ahead and live an ever so slightly dull life, doing whatever I want to do.
(Flying a F-16, then jumping out with a wing suit)

Showing 166-180 of 518