ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 94946
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
MrAutomatic
MrAutomatic
296 posts
Nomad

Calling the paramedics would not do much good, as there isn't much they or a hospital could do about a complete lack of skin. Skin grafting works if there is skin to attach the new "skin" to, but with absolutely no skin on the body whatsoever, there isn't much that can be done. You may be better off finding a suit of armor and hiding inside for the rest of your life, which shouldn't be long because you have no skin and you'll probably contract some deadly disease within a few weeks.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

First I'd be in shock, and then I'd calm down, then I'd be amused at all the little veins and muscles and such. Hell, I'll look in the mirror to see how awesomely terrifying I'd look.

Pain? Psshhh. I'd just walk around the whole town as I cause ensuing fear and panic in the local metropolis, not giving a shoot about my indescribable pain and blood loss.

On a serious note, I'd probably die of shock, and if not, then I'd die from whatever problem my lack of skin imposes on me. If I somehow manage to stay conscious, 911 and a good skin graft would be a preferable alternative, especially if I can receive artificial skin. And hey, no need to worry about skin care for the rest of my days.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

And we're back!

I'm very glad to see various people have taken over this thread in my absence... I would just like to say thank you all for your help in keeping this thread alive for as long as you did!

Now that I've returned, I'll be posting a new situation every week. Yes, every week, not every day... I don't have the creativity to come up with something every day; however, once I see a significant increase in forum activity, I'll try and post a few every week, until the day comes where there will be enough people here for me to delve into the "lost" regions of my creative mind and come up with situations on a daily basis!

Until then, I'll start out with some fundamental scenarios, the first one being especially fundamental...

If you could be invisible for one day, what would you do?

And do try and keep this one out of the locker rooms... =P

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

oh what wouldn't I do..

Actually, before I answer..would I have control over being invisible or would I be able to go in and out?

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

What would I do? Hah, interesting question.

I'd definitely go outside and start playing ghost pranks on people, like pulling their hair and putting on an old blanket and running around disturbing general peace, after somebody jumps in and takes it off to see nothing inside...

ah...it'd be so fun.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

would I have control over being invisible or would I be able to go in and out?

You'd be invisible all day, but you would somehow know in advance that you would be invisible for that entire day, so it wouldn't come as a shock to you.
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I'll just go around stealing stuff from stores. After all, it's not like they'll figure out who was the culprit. Also, I'll ring doorbells/knock on doors and watch people's reaction when they realise that there's nobody there once they open the door.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I would go up to people whom I know, but not well enough for them to recognize my voice, and just keep calling their name. Maybe occasionally poke them or slap them and see how they react. The only trouble I'd have would be concealing my laughter, but if the victim honestly believes they're going crazy, my maniacal cackling could add to the effect.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Go into the -

nah i'm kidding.

I would find some random door, and hold it shut, open it randomly, and just mess with the people who use it.

~~~Darth Caedus

bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

I would scare my bullies, kicking them on the a** and tripping random persons.

Stop Bullying People That Are Weaker Than You.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I would be very happy to just be a fly on the wall and listen to people who weren't aware of my presence. Perhaps shift things around in the room whenever people weren't paying attention so they would turn around and be creeped out. And then I would continue to watch their reactions

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I'd go to restaurants and eat everybody's food. I don't know if they'd be more scared that their food is disappearing right before their eyes, or more displeased that they won't get to eat the food that they paid for, or get a refund for that matter, but any way it goes it will be worth it.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Obviously I'd rob a bank or two.

No, I'd probably just pee in a public urinal and watch people stare in amazement as they watch pee flow by itself out of nowhere.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I would sneak into people's homes and pretend to be a ghost. Paranormal activity isn't scary if you're the one causing all the stuff to happen. (Can't say the same to the people I would be scaring). I have a couple people in mind *mischievous smile spreads across my face*

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

And do try and keep this one out of the locker rooms... =P

What's the point of asking a question like that if you're just going to rule out everything I would do under those circumstances?
Showing 436-450 of 518