ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 95118
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

1) Everything you hear about me is false

2) Everything you hear about me is true

3) I love paradoxes

4) I am not a SC2 HotS pro player and a member of TeamLiquid

5) I think blizzard is the best gaming company.

~~~Darth Caedus

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Well...I thought Sal would keep helping me out with this D=<
Ah well..saving from the brink of death

Here's the Situation...you awake to a world in which dogs and cats no longer exist. You, with the memory of these animals, find a mysterious note telling you to spread the knowledge of these animals amongst the world. How do you do so (while avoiding people thinking you a complete nutcase)?

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I'll just show people episodes of AFV, or every other video on the internet.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I'll start a secret cult that worships these animals, create a book about how they were Gods or something, and then spread the "Good News".

Also, to add a bit of flare, I'll say that they, oh I don't know, sacrificed themselves for us, which is why they're no longer here. Something to spice it up.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I wouldn't spread the knowledge at all. Cats and dogs don't help the eco-system very much. Only thing they do is poo, and the poop fertilizes the ground for plants. So I wouldn't tell anybody about that and fishes/lizards/birds would eventually become favorite pets.

darkblueoc
darkblueoc
31 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't describe dogs or cats, I would describe The big cats like lions , tigers, and bobcats (oh my). Things like that.
Any dogs I mention would be like pit bulls or dovermans, the real mean and aggressive dogs. And wolves. However, foxes will be everyones favorite pet, and nobody would miss these "normal" pests...er...pets.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Time again for another situation!

Here's the situation...a supernatural being approaches you, telling you that it shall create a mate/partner for you. The catch, however, is that you only have control over 3 aspects/traits of the mate/partner (and they must be specific aspects/traits, mind you..no "she must be perfect" crap).
What three aspects/traits do you choose?

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

1. They must be hot
2. They must be funny
3. They must be intelligent.
The End.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

1. We should have good chemistry when it comes to conversation.

2. She should be interesting and have years of stories to tell.

3. She should be highly knowledgeable in fields I don't know much about but be average with knowledge in fields that I'm experienced in.

Sure, I might end up with something that's 10 feet tall, green and has completely separate views against mine but at least I'll be able to enjoy myself when we talk.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

1. They must be hot

I'll let this slide..but for the rest of you, this counts under "Must be perfect crap"
darkblueoc
darkblueoc
31 posts
Nomad

this counts under "Must be perfect crap"

Well, these are traits that are desirable for the specific person...and you did say that we could list traits to control...it's hard to take the oppertunity to not be desirable... it's kind of contradictionary.
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

1. She must have a beautiful heart (kindness, compassion, etc)

2. She must be able to keep up with me in conversation or better.

3. She must be for equality.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

1. She must be Aggs.
2. She must be Aggs.
3. She must be Aggs.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

1. She must be attractive to me
2. She must have a great personality (Kindness, patience, love, etc.)
3. She must be smart

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Wait, if they can create a partner they should be able to clone one right? I will take a Jennifer Lawrence.

I am assuming that the traits/aspects of human and female are already in place for me.

They must be smart. I don't need a super genious but I don't want someone as dumb as bricks.
They must get along/ like me. It would be pretty miserable to have someone that doesn't like you as a mate.
They must be attractive in my eyes.

Showing 406-420 of 518