ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 94884
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I would find a future girl and just go from there. No doubt technology would somehow make things more interesting.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I would probably just wander, feeling lost until I got hit by a hover craft or something. Then I would have a concussion, go to the hospital, and feel as those I was crazy and say my concussion was the reason I thought I was in the future and it was all in my head. Depending how long I was in the future for, I would probably eventually snap out of it and then I would attempt to find some futuristic thing I could bring back to my time and discover it for the future myself.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Since time-travel wont be invented I guess I will be stuck there. So I would just be amazed by the progression humankind has made and start living a job as average Joe.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Interesting responses... should have mentioned early on to avoid other sci-fi references rather than just Futurama...

What would you do if one day you and everybody else lost the ability to speak?

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

http://sqpn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/shhh.jpg

^^
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

"Eeek, I don't remember the Beatles looking so ugly, what, they're called Morlocks?"
Nice, but Morlocks are easily driven off by light so just bring a flashlight, or create a huge forest fire and consume your little Eloi friend. Also watch out, they like to hide your time machine in dark areas and jump you when you try to reclaim it.

Do you mean unable to communicate at all, or just unable to say words?

p.s. SSTG, if you have read the Time Machine, have you read any other stories in the science fiction hall of fame?

~~~Darth Caedus
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Hmm well, I am not a big talker anyways, so me being quiet wouldn't be that difficult. If nobody could be verbal, then I would also probably be able to doodle more, so I would be a happy camper.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Ill rule the earth with an iron fi-

ahhmm, i mean ill bring peace and happines to the world!

Well, the fact they cant speak dosent mean they will become stuiped or something.ill just rule the radio, and maybe tv as the only voise actor and only singer, news and etc. that will be great

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

That was odd. I hit enter and it submitted my post before I had even written it.

I would learn sign language, just like everyone else in the world would be doing if this happened, but I'd probably slur my signals when I was drunk.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

B*tches cant say "no" then.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Do you mean unable to communicate at all, or just unable to say words?

Just to say words. =)

ill just rule the radio, and maybe tv as the only voise actor and only singer, news and etc. that will be great

Lol... I think you missed the part where you also lost the ability to speak... =P

Anyway, we're due for a new question!

If you could carry just one and only one thing in your pockets every day, what would you carry?
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

If you could carry just one and only one thing in your pockets every day, what would you carry?

Of course my wallet. It has my ID, money and even my mobile.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

My IPhone.

Ta da!

StDrake
StDrake
194 posts
Lord

Funny question, does it consider carrying bags? I for one thing practically run around with empty pockets, most things in the bag. Pockets are a little insecure for me unless I can find a good lock on them. They have only temporary use for me, thus the one thing that ends up in them depends on the situation.

Considering that I now got the fun idea of walking around with a mousetrap in my pocket. Go ahead, stick your hand in.

Showing 121-135 of 518