17 posts
Nomad

i do not like the war on iraq what do u think

• 36 Replies
necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

I don't like it either but there are already a million topics like this.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Dude there are so many effing topics on the subject this one will not last long at all. Devoidless will get to it swift and sure.

BTW: Well when we call out the troops that is when you get your @ss blown off. We are the reason that the terrorists can not collaborate well enough the pull if attacks on the Home Land. I'll tell you what, we can pull the troops out, but when the missile hits your house, i'm just gunna laugh.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I dont think thats true ricador. The taliban were there before we went and they will be there long after we are gone. The solution to this is to build more schools and hospitals in the middle east to get the locals on our side and also save many lives from the fighting. Me and my brother are both in the military and i can assure u that these arent the people who would organise attacks on Europe and US. The real masterminds are well away from the action and are plotting in other places. The men fighting in Afghanistan are the products of Pakistani madrhassas. and dont really have a cause to hate the coalition forces except that we are infidels and unlike them. I belive we can still keep ourselves safe from terrorism without being in Iraq. I mean that is like saying that all the terrorists in the world are in Iraq which is clearly not true.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Once the US stops supporting the murderers in Israel will there be peace. But since every American politician wants to make love with Israel, the terrorists will keep on coming at us.

Ace_of_Fear
Ace_of_Fear
223 posts
Nomad

who does like it. I hope Obama gets Pres so we can finally Leave!

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
585 posts
Nomad

I like it. I think it is completely neccesary. You may not realize it now, but you will.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

everybody hates it. ruining todays economy, killing many innocent and soldiers lives, this is why the US is in such a crisis. obama will stop the war but he plans in making trouble with pakistan. and if we leave iraq now, we might let the country go into corruption. and when they recover, they will turn against us. the iraq war is terrible and will ruin the U.S no matter how we turn!!
PS, ninjacube, not to sound rude or anything, but how can you like a war??? many people are dying and going through the worst thing ever in that country.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

I agree with woody that a good education, access to decent medical care, and an economy that will support a job are the real keys to ending terrorism.

Ricador, I think our military does an amazing job overall, and I'm glad we have men and women in the service to protect us. That doesn't mean I think the war in Iraq was a good idea, nor do I think staying there is a good idea. It's the concept called 'blowback'. We invade their country, bomb their factories, and impose our laws on them, and we expect them to be happy about it? Saddam was no nice guy, but all his threats were empty. There was no reason to invade Iraq, and I don't think staying there is helping the issue.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Why has this not been blocked yet?

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

@KaneTheBrain:
Well when we call out the troops that is when you get your @ss blown off. We are the reason that the terrorists can not collaborate well enough the pull if attacks on the Home Land. I'll tell you what, we can pull the troops out, but when the missile hits your house, i'm just gunna laugh.

If you catch my drift...

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

See, your premise is flawed. Terrorists weren't making missile attacks before troops went in, so I'm pretty sure they won't make any after the troops leave either.

But you missed the larger point. The reason the terrorists WANT to attack us is because we keep messing with their countries and their way of life. If we leave, IE, stop screwing around with them, they won't want to attack us.

and laughing at other's misfortune? Do you break into hysterics when the US drops bombs on civilians accidentally? seems like a Sociopath to me.

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
585 posts
Nomad

@kielzanie

everybody hates it.

Remember, all generalizations are false.

ruining todays economy, killing many innocent and soldiers lives, this is why the US is in such a crisis. obama will stop the war but he plans in making trouble with pakistan. and if we leave iraq now, we might let the country go into corruption. and when they recover, they will turn against us. the iraq war is terrible and will ruin the U.S no matter how we turn!!

Well, I'll take this one step at a time.
Economy: The war in Iraq is helping our ever-growing economy believe it or not. Do you know what pulled us out of the Great Depression? World War 2. It's called running on a war economy. To support a war, you need lots of guns, vehicles, ammunition, and soldiers. All of those things cost money.
1) Every Soldier now has a job and is a consumer of the other things listed
2) Companies like Cessna, Boeing, and Lockheed Martin supply vehicles to the army bought by the U.S. government. Those companies prosper.
3) The same happens to companies that make guns and ammunition.
4) Those companies use the money to make more plants to make more guns, ammo, and vehicles to sell to the U.S. Army.
5) Those plants need people to run it which creates jobs.
Killing innocent soldiers: Our soldiers may be innocent as in they haven't done anything wrong, but they signed up to be a part of the military on their own free will.
US crisis: I don't even know why you think you think that.
Obama: He says he plans to withdraw troops within a year of his election. He didn't say he was making trouble with Pakistan. He said he was willing to negotiate with Pakistani and Iranian leaders.
Corrupted Government in Iraq: The idea in Iraq is to restore democracy to the country and to nurse it until can handle its own problems. Iraq won't turn on us. The majority of the citizens despised the old dictatorship. When they recover, they will be our allies, and if they turned on us, so what? Iraq would have no chance against the USA and they know it.
kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

alright man listen. i dont know how the economy is going good now. with all those explanations, i am still not convinced that the iraq war is good. they say that it is for restoring peace, but i know you heard it like a thousand times and disagree, but it is crystal clear in front of you that it is for the oil and just to invade a country. does bush really want peace??? hes too stupid. the US are in debt right know so the war isnt going well. for the pakistan thing i heard it from somewhere but not sure about it. but still, the war is just getting us into to much trouble and, you never know that the iraqi people hate us so much that they could be the most powerful country in the world or just powerful enough to hurt us for the damage they had done in the country. they are not helping they are doing worse and killing innocent civilians. just look at the vietnam war. it is just like the iraq war. and we lost it and did a lot of damage to us. and also do you know what got us into the great depression. thats right a war. the WWII did not really cause the end of the great depresion. it was that the nation was spreading up until 1945 and the U.S got control of our economy. and if you say that the war is helping us, well, that just brings me back that they invaded this country just for the oil. sorry if i sound rude but most people are in devistation because of the inflation and leaves the nation in debt. (look at china, we are borrowing millions of dolors from them just to keep the economy going. true fact!!) lastly, when the war is finished and everything, what will happen to the soldiers. they have no jobs or anything. we cant support them like this. thats why if we end the war now this will also happen!! that is why first starting the war was one of the biggest mistakes in US history. and im not trying to sound rude man, just stating my opinions.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

First off, have any of you been there? If any of you have been there, than tell me where you were stationed, who you were detached to, and what the locals told you about the road checkpoints and patrols of there villages.

@ninjacube
1) Every Soldier now has a job and is a consumer of the other things listed
Where do you think the military was before the war? Do you think that they were just sitting on there @$$#$ playing chess in a barracks room waitng for a fight to break out? Are you really that ignorant of the way the military works? I'm not saying that oyu are ignorant yourself, but I'm wondering if your knowledge is.

If you haven't already checked my profile or read a previous post I made in a similar thread, I'm in the USNAVY. I've been over there. 8 monthes, in the dirt. Rucksackong with ARMY leathernecks. I know what its all about. And for you to say that this gave us a job, is ignorant.

Now, what you said about it helping compaies like Lockheed, is right. But here's something that I bet you didn't know. The NAVAL Research Laboritories have produced 53% of the armor, vehicle and otherwise, explosives, and clothing sent over there. They are governmently funded and haven't done that much outside hiring. And by the way, realize that every brach of my military is over there. My military.

@ricador
I agree that pulling all the troops at once would be disasterous. But, pulling them 50-100 every 3-4 weeks after we have helped them establishe a stronger military, police, school, hospital, post office, goverment, special forces, and vehicular force, pull um out. But to think that they will shoot a missle at us, no way. Ya wanna know what they like to us? IED's, vehical bombs, suicide bombers, and guns. I don't know of a single missle, rocket, mortar, or the likes fired by them. Personally, the Rangers, SEALS, Mountain Recon, SWCC, and Riverines have done a better job of eliminating key terroists leaders than our rockets or missles could.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

Oh I forgot listman.

What do you mean, murderers in Isreal? Last I checked they were our friends. And for there country having murderers, we have defense contracts with companies like Blackhawke security who are doing some killing for us in Iraq as well. H#ll, the war won't end till we admit that terrorists hibernate toward a country for a time before they attack again. Right now, Denmark is there target. First the embassy in Iraq, now a possibity of an attack on there country to. Watch the news more brother.

@ricador
I'll tell you what, we can pull the troops out, but when the missile hits your house, i'm just gunna laugh.

Wouldn't be funny if it was your house would it? How about you go over to Iraq and meet some of the families that have been the targets of IED's and tell me if it's funny. Met A buddy of mine LCPL Medders who lost both his legs and half his left arm because of an IED not to mention the 3rd degree burns over 80% of his body. Why don't you join the military and get a first hand experiance of what it's like over there. Till then, think about what you say about an attack on any person, forgien or domestic.

Showing 1-15 of 36