Forums

ForumsVideo Games

pokemon

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 6:51am

kellynmcfinch

kellynmcfinch

135 posts

list anything about pokemon here. ideas, tips, favorite/least favorite pokemon. only these three.

u can talk as much as u like.

ex. I like dewott (from pokemon b/w) because:

1. dewott looks awesome. you know ninja pose.

2. for one thing water has 2 weaknesses better resistance against the other 2.

3. I like pokemon with two feet and two arms.

tip: here is a good reason not to get snivy:

yes, his/her looks are cool. But his type is grass type and grass type has FIVE weaknesses. many pokemon masters are fooled getting him by his look but here is my tip: aim for the strongest NOT the pokemon with cool looks. the best pokemon may be ugly but they could be strong too.

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 10:29am

ChromeDeathRazor

ChromeDeathRazor

389 posts

tip: here is a good reason not to get snivy:

Nobody chooses grass types for their starters anyways... Throughout the generations, they are useless.

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 10:39am

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

Nobody chooses grass types for their starters anyways... Throughout the generations, they are useless.

-.-"

I like the grass types for most of them. Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko and Turtwig are some of my favorites. They're not useless by any means.

Pokemon Black/White killed what interest I had in Pokemon though. With the overdone animations, same old plot line/battle layout/level cap and annoying features such as zoom in/out on building entry exit, I lost interest before the 2nd gym.

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 8:42pm

vinster132

vinster132

6,093 posts

Snivy is probably the best bet for picking a starter in White/Black. You can't say that it sucks just because it has 5 weaknesses. If it has five weaknesses and put counters. For example, Grass is weak against fire so you'll have a water type to back it up.

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 9:29pm

kellynmcfinch

kellynmcfinch

135 posts

if you like snivy then just like him mostly for looks not too much for combat.

another tip: try not to switch pokemon unless you have a good reason.
because if you switch to a better pokemon... well you might not expect it to faint in 1 hit because its not easy to predict a move.

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 2:06am

ChromeDeathRazor

ChromeDeathRazor

389 posts

You can't say that it sucks just because it has 5 weaknesses

It's never about the weaknesses... Heck, you know Abomasnow? He has like SEVEN weaknesses. (Being an ice/grass type) but still, people use him for his abilities and his stats.

Its because most starters for grass types have generally weak and average stats.

The only thing that I can think that is useful about grass starters in combat is their access to status moves like Leech Seed and Stun Spore.

The only good Grass type starter I would say is Sceptile, as he makes a decent sweeper with high speed and good special attack. But why choose Sceptile while you can choose Blaziken, which is much better?

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 7:52am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

5,378 posts

its not fun if you win with a good pokemon. its fun when you win with a pokemon you like. i choose my pokemon because i like them. i dont care much for stats (i started playing it when i was REALLY little so i didnt even know what stats are) and just keep with my favs

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 10:37am

ChromeDeathRazor

ChromeDeathRazor

389 posts

its fun when you win with a pokemon you like

Thats true if you were to play Pokemon on a casual basis. However, if you were to play competitively or play the Battle subway/Battle frontier/Battle tower using these Pokemon, you might have a bad time.

Anyways, I learnt my mistake when playing Pokemon yellow, when I only trained my Clefable (My favorite pokemon that time) to lvl 70+ while my other pokemon remained weak. And then, I was stuck on the Elite 4.

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 11:45pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,757 posts

Bulbasaur..then for fire pokemon, arcanine. Boom

2. for one thing water has 2 weaknesses better resistance against the other 2.

This confuses me...it seems like you were going to say much more...then you just abruptly end it. As for why to not get water...in my opinion...I'd much rather have either Gyrados or Wailord

Pokemon Black/White killed what interest I had in Pokemon though.

^This

In the earlier games, the focus was on the Pokemon themselves, the story, the ambiance of the game, smoothness of the game, all that jazz

In the later games (platinum/diamond/pearl onward) the focus has been the look of the game...is this flashy enough? Does this look cool? Did we cram enough crap in this town? etc

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 12:07am

vinster132

vinster132

6,093 posts

if you like snivy then just like him mostly for looks not too much for combat.

I disagree. Serperior has good special defense, speed and defense. And if you use the coil strategy. It can be deadly.

Reply to pokemon

You must be logged in to post a reply!