Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Presidential Debate Tonight

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 7:34pm

zakyman

zakyman

1,588 posts

Alright, Debate #1 of 3 is coming up at 9 ET. Who do you think is going to come out on top, do you think that this is going to have an impact on the presidential race, and what surprises might we see? This debate is on domestic policy, and is sure to have lots of issues like the economy, gay marriage, and other civil rights like abortion.

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 10:40pm

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,357 posts

Oh wow, my FB absolutely EXPLODED during the debate. I did my fair share of fanning the flames, and found the experience quite enjoyable ^_^

-Chillz

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 10:46pm

epadams1975

epadams1975

8 posts

I don't think there was a winner or loser to the debate. Yes, there were a few 'jabs' between the candidates, but they did a good job of stating their positions. I do wish the assortment of questions had been a bit more diverse. But, since economy is a major issue this election cycle, I suppose I can understand why they focused on it so much.

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 10:54pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,763 posts

Knight

I don't think there was a winner or loser to the debate. Yes, there were a few 'jabs' between the candidates, but they did a good job of stating their positions. I do wish the assortment of questions had been a bit more diverse. But, since economy is a major issue this election cycle, I suppose I can understand why they focused on it so much.

Yes I was expecting more violence from Obama. I think he played too nice and forgot to mention that the reason why he couldn't pass most of the bills that would have benefited the Americans is because the Republican decided to block everything out of malice.

He also forgot to mention how hard he tried to get bipartisanship going but the Conservatives did everything they could to make him look bad instead so they can deceive the people in the next election.

That's sad when greed blind people that much.

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 12:27am

SSTG

SSTG

10,763 posts

Knight

I thought this thread would be full of comments but apparently nobody gives a crap about politics anymore. I'm getting there too.

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 1:13pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,570 posts

I thought this thread would be full of comments but apparently nobody gives a crap about politics anymore. I'm getting there too.

It's like a wet bar of soap. You can try and keep a hold on it all you want, but the tighter you squeeze the faster it squirts away...why bother.

Personally, I don't like either candidate so it's a case of picking the best of the worst.

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 7:05pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

From what I've heard from other people, they are much more interested in the vice presidential debate.

Personally, I was surprised how... Quiet... Obama was. On the flip side, I was surprised how rambunctious Romney was. I only saw a few minutes of it because I was mostly trying to finish up homework for the next day, but Obama did look a little tired, I think.

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 10:43pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,853 posts

Knight

Both were poor. Obama was quiet whilst Romney still hasn't laid out his policies properly, but only attacked. On the plus side, unemployment dropped. And Obama raked in a ton of cash.

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 11:09pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,540 posts

Knight

It was good TV to fall asleep to. That's all I can say about it. Two boring guys talking about boring things. I should have switched the channel to a documentary on the history of fishing.

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 11:12pm

ImTheMostManlyMan

ImTheMostManlyMan

2,812 posts

Personally, I was surprised how... Quiet... Obama was.

didn't you hear? it was because he only had a couple of hours to adjust to the altitude LOL! good thing the next one will be at a much lower one for him.

Reply to Presidential Debate Tonight

You must be logged in to post a reply!