ForumsWEPRPresidential Debate Tonight

50 17841
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Alright, Debate #1 of 3 is coming up at 9 ET. Who do you think is going to come out on top, do you think that this is going to have an impact on the presidential race, and what surprises might we see? This debate is on domestic policy, and is sure to have lots of issues like the economy, gay marriage, and other civil rights like abortion.

• 50 Replies
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Oh wow, my FB absolutely EXPLODED during the debate. I did my fair share of fanning the flames, and found the experience quite enjoyable ^_^

-Chillz

epadams1975
epadams1975
10 posts
Shepherd

I don't think there was a winner or loser to the debate. Yes, there were a few 'jabs' between the candidates, but they did a good job of stating their positions. I do wish the assortment of questions had been a bit more diverse. But, since economy is a major issue this election cycle, I suppose I can understand why they focused on it so much.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I don't think there was a winner or loser to the debate. Yes, there were a few 'jabs' between the candidates, but they did a good job of stating their positions. I do wish the assortment of questions had been a bit more diverse. But, since economy is a major issue this election cycle, I suppose I can understand why they focused on it so much.

Yes I was expecting more violence from Obama. I think he played too nice and forgot to mention that the reason why he couldn't pass most of the bills that would have benefited the Americans is because the Republican decided to block everything out of malice.

He also forgot to mention how hard he tried to get bipartisanship going but the Conservatives did everything they could to make him look bad instead so they can deceive the people in the next election.

That's sad when greed blind people that much.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I thought this thread would be full of comments but apparently nobody gives a crap about politics anymore. I'm getting there too.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I thought this thread would be full of comments but apparently nobody gives a crap about politics anymore. I'm getting there too.

It's like a wet bar of soap. You can try and keep a hold on it all you want, but the tighter you squeeze the faster it squirts away...why bother.

Personally, I don't like either candidate so it's a case of picking the best of the worst.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Both were poor. Obama was quiet whilst Romney still hasn't laid out his policies properly, but only attacked. On the plus side, unemployment dropped. And Obama raked in a ton of cash.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

It was good TV to fall asleep to. That's all I can say about it. Two boring guys talking about boring things. I should have switched the channel to a documentary on the history of fishing.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Personally, I was surprised how... Quiet... Obama was.
didn't you hear? it was because he only had a couple of hours to adjust to the altitude LOL! good thing the next one will be at a much lower one for him.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I should have switched the channel to a documentary on the history of fishing.

That actually sounds kind of interesting.

It's a lesser of two evils kind of thing. I'd have a louder opinion if I was old enough to vote, but I just barely missed that magical age of 18 this election season.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Personally, I was surprised how... Quiet... Obama was.

honestly, I think obama completely underestimated the level romney would go to. I think that the president probably had other things on his mind at the time (the president tends to have a lot of things to juggle at one time or another). romney, seeing as how he has no real life except the one in politics, spent tons of time in a debate camp to get ready for the fiasco.

poor obama, missing his aniversary to spend the evening with a guy he probably doesn't like. I honestly think if it was any other day of the week, he would've been in a better shape.

Romney...words can't begin to describe how wierd it was seeing him that energetic. it was as if he tried coffee for the first time just an hour before (wouldn't surprise me, seeing as how mormons don't drink coffee).

my overall analysis: obama probably didn't expect romney to pull out much of a chance based on the relentlessly high amount of gaffes the guy made. it's biased, I admit, but it's as good a theory as any.

-Blade
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

it's always harder for the sitting president to win the elections.
all the other has to do is tell what the sitting president has done wrong the last 4 year. while the president has to defend that, he can't attack the ideas of the other candidate(s).

also is romney already in the flow of debating since he has been doing the republican candidate debates. obama had to startup just now. ofcours he will do less good in the debates.
but remember people. being a president isn't about how well someone can debate. but is about how well someone can lead.

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Romney won hands down, but I canât blame Obama because the altitude was so high it must have really taken a toll on poor barrack awwwwwwwwâ¦

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

You pretty much summed up the bigotry and biasness that makes people think why Americans are high handed.

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

So because I made a friendly joke about Obama that automatically makes me a bigot/racist?

ps. not even really making fun of Obama more of al gore he said the thing about the altitude so your calling me a bigot/racist for making fun of a white guy??

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

From almost all of your posts in this Forum, yes you are a bigot who argues with weak reasoning, false accusations, and is generally very poorly informed, leading to posts that are riddled with pure bigotry.

Also, check your dictionary. A bigot isn't necessarily a racist.

Showing 1-15 of 50