ForumsWEPRObama, Please Don't Authorize My Assassination

58 18924
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

This is a letter written by an american to Obama.
What are your thoughts about it?

• 58 Replies
Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

My thoughts on this paper: Ummmmm... for every person YOU kill? Okay What does that tell us about you?

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Or if I lose a freind or family to US drones

Right, because no Americans have lost friends or family to terrorists. Oh wait, thats not right. And its not like the terrorists are targeting civilians. Oh wait, thats not right either. When people are fighting there are civilian casualties, its unavoidable. Just be glad its not 500 or 1000 years ago when whole villages were just burned by a passing army.

Don't put words in my mouth, also in war, you bomb your enemies, not your allies

Maybe you should tell the terrorists that.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Maybe you should tell the terrorists that.

They openly state who their enemies are
Right, because no Americans have lost friends or family to terrorists. Oh wait, thats not right. And its not like the terrorists are targeting civilians. Oh wait, thats not right either. When people are fighting there are civilian casualties, its unavoidable. Just be glad its not 500 or 1000 years ago when whole villages were just burned by a passing army.

Terrorists are the scum of the earth, and America is stooping to their level and even lower.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

They openly state who their enemies are

And then attack everyone.

Terrorists are the scum of the earth, and America is stooping to their level and even lower.

I know I'm not the most attentive to current events, but I must have missed a lot if that happened. From what I've seen, terrorists target everyone, the US targets the terrorists. Do civilians sometimes get caught in the middle? Yes. Is the US targeting civilians? No. Is the US using home made explosives to kill people? No. Are the terrorists? Yes. Is the US using modern technology to cause as few civilian casualties as possible? Yes. You are complaining because some morons think its smart to start wars with world powers, and your complaints are against the world power, not the people causing the problems. Is it just me, or is something wrong there?
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

And then attack everyone.

No, they only attack their enemies
s the US targeting civilians? No.

Yes
You are complaining because some morons think its smart to start wars with world powers, and your complaints are against the world power, not the people causing the problems. Is it just me, or is something wrong there?

No, I am complaining bcoz instead of killing those morons america considers every adult male a legitimate target.
(See link above)
EnigmaX
EnigmaX
101 posts
Nomad

No, I am complaining bcoz instead of killing those morons america considers every adult male a legitimate target.
(See link above)

Because the New York Times is privy to American Foreign Policy strategies. Because if a partisan news source concludes it, it must be true, right?

The fact that the terrorist being targeted are males in Waziristan, it doesn't mean that all males in Waziristan are being targeted. Correlation does not imply causality.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Because the New York Times is privy to American Foreign Policy strategies. Because if a partisan news source concludes it, it must be true, right?

The fact that the terrorist being targeted are males in Waziristan, it doesn't mean that all males in Waziristan are being targeted. Correlation does not imply causality.

All adult males in strike zone considered legitimate target
It is also because Mr. Obama embraced a disputed method for counting civilian casualties that did little to box him in. It in effect counts all military-age males in a strike zone as combatants, according to several administration officials, unless there is explicit intelligence posthumously proving them innocent.
EnigmaX
EnigmaX
101 posts
Nomad

So? Guilt by association. You don't hang out with a bomb maker and wanna-be American killer to watch the sunday football game. And if you're too stupid to realize who you're hang out with, than its simply natural selection.

Anyways, the burden is on them to prove their innocence in a vocally hostile and anti-American environment.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

So? Guilt by association. You don't hang out with a bomb maker and wanna-be American killer to watch the sunday football game. And if you're too stupid to realize who you're hang out with, than its simply natural selection.

Anyways, the burden is on them to prove their innocence in a vocally hostile and anti-American environment.

And it is wondered why america is so much hated.
EnigmaX
EnigmaX
101 posts
Nomad

And it is wondered why america is so much hated.

Do you think the American Government cares? Do you think a terrorist will change his mind about flying an airplane into a building because everyone likes America?

Governing the most powerful nation ever to exist on the face of the earth isn't a popularity contest. The fact that a mud-eating peasant in BFE hates my country means absolutely nothing to me. What matters is that America defends herself, her citizens, and her ideals. All others come second to America. In that regard, drone strikes are entirely justified since they work to achieve this.

And heres a novel idea: Why don't you go tell the Pakistanis, since you're their self-proclaimed mouthpiece, that if they don't like the drone strikes, perhaps they should stop harboring terrorist and committing acts of terror themselves. Because no terrorists = no need for drones. Amazing!
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Well, after looking into this a little and reading the comments...

Punisher, you're grossly overstating what the USA is doing and also not including the whole story.

While I don't necessarily agree that the USA should have the authority to just waltz into any country to deal with their enemies as they like, we're obviously not going to just sit back and let them hide in countries that don't like us being there either. As for the 'civilian' casualties, there's not enough information to even say who is and who is not a 'civilian' in many of these cases of drone attacks, and the government certainly is trying to avoid excess damage.

You've said it yourself, when fighting a war, it's inevitable that some non-combatants get caught in the crossfire. Seems to me that your issue isn't with that, but an issue with the USA itself. Notably, most of your assertions have been against how the USA views itself and how its citizens don't hold your opinion, and how you claim it's fostering feelings of revenge...care for the casualties doesn't seem to be present however other than a cause.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Well, after looking into this a little and reading the comments...

Punisher, you're grossly overstating what the USA is doing and also not including the whole story.

While I don't necessarily agree that the USA should have the authority to just waltz into any country to deal with their enemies as they like, we're obviously not going to just sit back and let them hide in countries that don't like us being there either. As for the 'civilian' casualties, there's not enough information to even say who is and who is not a 'civilian' in many of these cases of drone attacks, and the government certainly is trying to avoid excess damage.

You've said it yourself, when fighting a war, it's inevitable that some non-combatants get caught in the crossfire. Seems to me that your issue isn't with that, but an issue with the USA itself. Notably, most of your assertions have been against how the USA views itself and how its citizens don't hold your opinion, and how you claim it's fostering feelings of revenge...care for the casualties doesn't seem to be present however other than a cause.

So saying that Considering all adult males in an Area as fair game until proven innoccent after death is wrong is anti american?
If that's the definition of being anti american then I am so.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

So saying that Considering all adult males in an Area as fair game until proven innoccent after death is wrong is anti american?

This is what I mean by overstatement. First, I never said anything about being anti-american specifically, just that you had an issue with the USA's views. Second, a large portion of the people in that area ARE (and you have admitted this to be so) involved in such activities or likely going to become involved in it. It was declared such because it's prudent to be on guard, not so they can just kill anyone they want. They aren't going to target people they don't know aren't involved, but if they're targeting someone who they do know IS involved and that person is with others in a suspicious grouping...it's a logical assumption that they're involved, especially since this declaration is out there.

If that's the definition of being anti american then I am so.

It would depend what you mean by anti-american. Against their policies/views is one thing, against people from the US itself because they're from there is a whole other issue.
Showing 46-58 of 58