ForumsThe TavernRP Session #1: The Dark Ages

59 10540
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

So this is going to be the first in what will hopefully be a long series of RP sessions made by me here on the forums. This one is going to be fairly simple one without a lot of unneeded fluff and such.

**Description of this RP session**
This session will take place in a classic D&D time period. Thus, magic and dangerous creatures rule the land. The chance to become a wealthy thief, a famed warrior or a powerful mage are out there. but first, you must read the directions. Even then, survival is not guaranteed...

**Rules**
- Anyone can join in at any point, just as long as they follows the proper creation procedures(to be explain later on in this post)
- Any god-modding of a players characters is not going to be tolerated. So a thief, for example, can not take on a giant in hand-to-hand combat and live let alone take no damage.
- Please keep all language to on the level which is acceptable on the rest of the forums. Same with gore levels. Nothing too...visceral please.

**Gameplay**
- The way it is going to work here is a fairly simple RP fashion. Each character is going to be on his or her own mission and storyline. I will be providing the situations for each character based on several factors, and doing post situation wrap ups(such as how injured the character is, what loot was found, what is going to happen next, etc..).
- I expect to see logical, well developed outcomes and battles when each player makes a post. Sometimes it make be possible to escape some battles and situations unscathed, but not all the time. There will always be a few ways to get out of each situation, and creative minds, sharp minds will often find themselves on interesting and rewarding paths.
- All characters will start off with a generalized set of equipment for each class, but will be granted new items/spells as gameplay goes on.

**Character Creation**
- There will be several basic classes to choose from which will affect gameplay. Example: A thief would not be able to lift/move a very heavy object whereas a warrior might be able to. On the flip side, there is no chance for a warrior to sneak or open locked chest easily.
- Races will not play a major role in this RP, they will mainly for for looks and character development. So feel free to be any traditional fantasy race you like, just do not expect it to change gameplay much.
- More about character creation will be explained further down.

Now to get into the fun parts! Yay!

***Every class starts off with 3 health potions in the start***

**Classes**
Stealth Classes
-Thief: Master of the stealthy arts such as sneaking, locking picking and getting into hard to reach places. Not suited for full on combat against more than one opponent, but does well in the stealth kill area.
-Rogue: The smarmy, slightly more robust cousin of the thief. Not quite as stealthy or as good at opening locked items. Yet a rogue makes up for this with his silver tongue and capable sword arm(So to break it down, he can smooth talk or fight his way out of situations a thief would not be able to).
Stealth Class Equipment
-Thief: A thief will star off with standard thieving equipment, such as basic light leather armour, standard dagger, lockpicking set and a standard short bow with 15 arrows in a quiver to start off with. *Feel free to describe any item as you wish, just know that they will still be basic and not very powerful(Goes for all classes and items).*
-Rogue: A rogue starts out with heavy leather armour, a short/long sword, light shield and lockpicking set.

**Combat Classes**
-Warrior: The typical rush in and beat the tar out of everything class. Very strong but not the best at anything other than killing and lifting. But who needs to sneak around and unlock doors when you can just turn them into kindling?
-Archer: The other side of the combat equation. Would much rather access the situation before heading in. Master of ranged combat, average at best in close quarters combat. An archer has limited sneaking skills, so he has a chance to get the drop on his enemies.
Combat Class Equipment
-Warrior: Starts off with standard iron plate armour, and a choice of weapons(such as long sword, battle axe, mace, two-handed sword, mace). Can also carry a heavy shield if weapon is not two-handed(So if the warrior was a battle axe or claymore no shield can be carried).
-Archer: Starts off with standard iron chainmail armour, standard long/short sword, standard longbow with 50 arrows in a quiver.

**Magic Classes**
-Mage: Ahh, the mage. Arguably the most intelligent of any class, and has the highest damage potential. A warrior may be able to cleave an orc in half, but can he cast a spell into the room and destroy 5 orcs at once? Mages are almost always on some quest searching for knowledge or power. Oh, and did I mention mages have next to no weapon combat knowledge or health? So if one walks into a troll, he better either think really quick or run even faster.
-Necromancer: The twisted, frowned upon brother of the mage. Necromancers also can not deal with typical combat, yet they also do not posses the powerful spells that mages can use. So how do they get by? Well, simple really. Creating undead creatures! Of course, a body is needed first...Necromancers are often never seen since they are hated by most everyone. There are even rumors that through the use of dark arts, necromancers can turn themselves into powerful undead beings.
Magic Class Equipment
-Mage/Necromancer: Both get the same starting equipment. Each mage/necromancer starts off with a standard robe. That is all. but they do get...
Spells
-Mage: Mages start off with a standard fireball spell(range of 15 feet and does splash damage in a 5 foot radius on impact), a standard levitate spell(Magnitude of roughly 5-9 feet in the air at start), and a standard shock damage on touch spell(must be able to touch enemy, does average damage).
-Necromancers: Necromancers start off with a standard drain health spell(range of 5 feet, does average damage), a standard rot spell(does direct damage to health of enemy due to their insides rotting, slows down target to half speed and kills without any other spell/damage within 10 minutes or so), and a raise undead spell(needs corpse near by in order to use).

Now that all that is out of the way, we can really start to have fun!

**Beginning**

When you first start off, follow the form below.

Character name: (Name of character, durr)
ClassSo I know what you are.)
AgeOptional)
RaceOptional)
AppearanceWhat does your character look like?)
BackgroundOptional, but gives me more to run off of for situations)
Goal/Reason for questingOnce again optional, if you want I can make a whole scenario for you)
Starting locationSame as above)

And there you go! All you need to get started on a simple RP session!

Hope you all enjoy, feel free to ask me any questions.

• 59 Replies
Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

I quickly whack her unconsicous and drag her into her own house. There, I search around until I found a map. It showed the current location of hwere I was and it's surrounding locations. I decided to head towards the Desert Plains, where a tribe named the Inu-Hawk-star lived. Maybe they could give me a clue on where to go next.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Oh, that is easy. I will do that sleep pinch thing that agents do to knock out their opponent. I make sure that it will knock him out for several hours and jack everything, even his clothes except for his Medieval underwear. I put on his clothes and leave my clothes outside near the door. Luckily, the Ranger had a mask so I put it on. I then go inside and assassinate any person that goes down my route. I then see the dude that jacked my scroll. I get out one of my throwing knives and nail him everywhere on his body. I then take the scroll and go outside, put on my clothes and then set up camp, tell the Ranger my child is safe at home and go to sleep.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

After a week of merriment in the grand halls of the Goblin King, I announce that my squadron and I are to return to the western forests to give Lord Murdoc news of our alliance with the goblins. On the final day of in his halls, we pack up our equipment and prepare to leave. The Goblin King, wary of his recent loss of power, attempts to save face. He sends a commander, diplomat, and a platoon of 200 goblin soldiers with us on our journey to the forests. And in a final regal ceremony, bestows one of his finest steeds upon me and a great staff. It is carved of the finest wood available in all of the land, with an elegant runic script along the side crafted with fine metals; a large ruby of stunning clarity and scarlet hue is perched atop the staff by a great onyx stone, of a delicate midnight luster. He tells the crowd it is a "staff meant only for the greatest of wizards," at which they howl in acceptance, lifting some political pressure from him.
With staff in hand, small army at heel, and horse below, I depart with good tidings for Lord Murdoc. We march onward for two weeks over the hills and into the dark forests the Western elves call home. We reach the crumbling palace of the dark-elf king with little trouble. The guards immediately recognize me and grant us entrance. I quickly talk to the leader of the guard and arrange for the goblins to receive immediate accommodations and hospitality. Only I, the goblin commander, and the goblin diplomat are allowed to see Lord Murdoc.

"I had not expected you to return so soon," booms his voice, "apparently negotiations went well; what have you brought before me today?"
"We have agreed to an alliance with the goblins," I respond.
The goblin diplomat produces the pact and asks,"May you sign the treaty your majesty?" Lord Murdoc takes the treaty, reads through it in a single, cursory glance, and swiftly adds his signature to the document.
"We are gathering and preparing an army of 30,000, mi' lord," adds the goblin commander, "they shall be ready in a month from now, we also need to create routes between our two kingdoms to allow for the travel of troops and give expedience to the messengers allowing concerted attacks on the Eastern elves."
"Very good," replies Lord Murdoc in his deep throaty voice, "we shall make the necessary arrangements. We have 15,000 soldiers as of yet, however, we have been preparing for a long while and they are thus well trained, by the time you are ready, we will have recruited another 10,000."
At this moment I break into the conversation,"What has happened to Captain Morgenstern? Has he successfully rallied human peasants?"
The king's face turned very grave, "No, he failed his mission, a week ago, the only surviving soldier in his party returned with the news of his death. His head is apparently on a stake outside of Kestleshire village. Once we are finished with negotiations, will you take his place?"
"I accept, your majesty."
After that, the four of us draw out elaborate plans for transport, communication and battle strategy.

After two days of rest, I mount Falshirm, the stallion of the Goblin King, and leave alone. For eight days and nights, my horse takes me through the dense forests and murky swamps, on the ninth day we arrive at a hamlet...

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

Slightly move my hand to my belt so he dont notices,pull the small knife out and move out of the bed as quickly as possible...Then a blade vs. knife fight starts. After he hurts my left arm i manage to place the sharp knife in him left eye. I kinda stab him some more times after he falls,in the chest,then i check him wallet(weee) but there is nothing inside,so i get the house's keys. I then try to drop the dead body out the window but then i notice its impossible,and get out of the inn as soon as possible and head to the home.
I get in,lock the house,close every window,and i get to the nice bed and fall asleep.

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

(Your doing great devoidless)

I decide to sit and watch him for a bit, as I ponder on what I should do. I finally decide if I feel like having any more drinks tonight, I better take his bulging coin purse, considering he gets more than enough any ways. I purposely tip over my drink thinking it may catch there attention, since I am already sitting in my usual dark corner of the pub I easily slip around unnoticed. He walks over to see what has happened, but doesn't even take a second glance as we walks out, right before he walks out I manage to snag it, but feel bad. I decide not to take all of it, and end up taking just over a fourth of the giant bounty. I put it to were the bartender will notice it, and go back to my corner, luckily he is to busy cleaning glasses to notice any of this. He quickly picks it up and pretty noticeably sneaks some himself, more than me. The noble must have noticed soon because he quickly comes back and finds it on the counter, and seems to notice the missing coins, but with nothing to go on decides just to leave, soon after I go back to drinking.

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Well, fist I decide go to my friends house because I do not want to chance getting caught and having to run on my hurt ankle and I am hoping that he has a bit of food just to keep me from starving. So I walk through the town a bit, scouting out the weapons shop and armor shop and such, for possible places to get loot from, then I walk down the path to my friends house. I slowly twist the knob open and open the door. I yell into the house "Grath, Grath Mulchay, are you there? Then around the corner from another room comes a tall lanky man. He was very surprised to see me. "Oh Steve, how are you old friend!? I haven't seen you for a couple years now!"

I reply, "Oh Grath, I am doing okay, I ran into some giant rats on the way here so I need some medical attention, and also some food if you have any, I'm famished"

"Well, sure I can probably stitch up that gash on your shoulder pretty well, but before I do that I will get you some bread"

I stay at Grath Mulchay's house for a couple of days and re-cooperate myself, then on the 3rd day, I leave his house make my way to the weapons shop. Remembering how usless my dagger was dagger was against that rat, I need to get a longer one. Also, I need to replace my leather armor because there is a large gash in it where my shoulder was hit. So now I am off to grab myself a new dagger and new armor...I hope I will be able to pull of the theft the armor, it is a rather large item to steal...

redbedhead
redbedhead
341 posts
Nomad

Name:Exaltioner
Class:Archer
Appearance:I'm is 6'2" with short black shiny hair and grey-blue steely eyes. My clothes are beautiful; pure black breeches and some rough leather knee-high riding boots. A dark blue long sleeve undershirt and then a black vest. On my back was placed a black velvet cloak which I have the hood up. My clothes are made from the elves so they never wear. I hate wearing chain mail because I do not like the feel but I like to stay out of trouble.
Background:I'm an inhabitant of the elven city in the Forest, Drevian in the elven country of Casaviera. Drevian was a beautiful place, with unnaturally large trees. Buildings were high and set into the trees, as were all buildings made by elves. The town was amazingly large and close to the Elf Capitol. Commerce was a big thing in the town, but was suffering for evil scouts from the dark mountains of Zaintra were getting closer and closer to finding the elves. I'm very frustrated of the secrecy the elves are forced to take because of the humans and nearly every other race.
Reason for questing:I longed to roam the world and explore every inch of it and when I ran in to the important elf Seredul and forget to apologize Seredul tells me that for homeage I must go to Gestrial the human city in the kingdom of Shinonia and warn them about the armies from Zaintra are coming. What I do not know is that Seredul tells me that I'm going to join forces with the last beast morpher of the land who is the only power to stop the Dark lord in Zaintra.
Starting location:On the way to Gestrial. I'm riding my loaned mount, Hovem, who I got from the bueatiful elf Vanya. Hovem is a tan horse and he is unnaturally fast because he is an elven horse.

NOTE: this is all from the novel I'm wrinting btw ^_^

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Looking at the fork, I suddenly had an idea. I could use the fork levitate the fork out through the peephole and get the keys to open the door. Just to check my idea, I try to poke the fork through the hole. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit.
Thinking for something else that I could send through the hole, my eyes pass over the pile of straw that is meant to be my bed. Hmm, maybe, just maybe there could be something in there that could help. Possibly a tough bit of straw...
After searching for over an hour, I found something. An old, rusty needle about 5cm in length. It was quite thick and it had a thick end which would stop the keys from falling off.
Summoning up all the magykal power that I could muster, I lift the needle up off of the palm of my hand. It wobbles slightly in the air and dips, but I keep my concentration on it.
And so, moving in little by little, afraid that if I move it too fast it will fall, I levitate it out of the peephole and into the corridor.
Ah, a fault in my plan, I cannot see where the keys are. Thinking quickly, I summon up a little Darke Magyk to help me to see in Revyrse. This way I can see from the other side of the door. I quickly move the needle to the hook where the keys are hanging and pick them up.
I move them over to the door and unlock it, then quickly moved them back to the hook so no-one would notice.
Releasing the Darke Magyk, I collapsed. Using Darke Magyk was very difficult as I had to stop myself from being tempted into becoming to enthralled in the power of Darkenesse. If I gave in, I would become a Necromancer.

Unconscious, I lay on the cold stone floor for a couple of hours, until I awake and head into the corridor....

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I stare deep back into his eyes just like he did to me. I can see just a bit of sincerity under all of the horrors that have gone through his life. I decide to trust him, but just barely. I take my Elven rope from him, and tie it around his neck just in case he is bluffing, and is really trying to get me killed......just like my.....

I also gag him, so he can't yell for assistance. We set off towards the dark mountains of the Goblins. I see that he is weary while we travel. We stop frequently, only because I actually see hope for him. I would normally travel for days straight, but the Captain is in no condition for something like that.

IRuleya
IRuleya
210 posts
Nomad

Name:Ludberg(pronounced like Loodverg)
Class:Warrior
Race:Ork
Appearance:About 6'9" with average length hair/long light brown hair. Eyes red, like the color of blood. A fresh set of iron armor, meaning with fresh blood on it. With plenty of scars and cuts on him.
Backround:A blacksmith working in a small town in Germany. I was abandoned by my parents because I was a freakish green color with great strength. A couple finds me and raises me([sarcasm]original right?). They owned the blacksmithing business where I worked. And ever since I have been aching to journey and find my parents.
Goal/Reason for Questing:Like I said to find my parents. And also I love the smell of blood in the mornings.
Starting Location:Just outside Germany to the west. Catching that last German breeze before I head out.

KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

Oh but while they were walking up the mountain the Captain fell down.And he had sprained his ankle.And he couldn't walk so me and Astiel carried him to the hospital over 10 miles away.

While he was there he sat down without moving and he was like ice.And we asked the doctor what was wrong but she didn't no.So then the Captian was put in a wheelchair for 1 month.

hojoko
hojoko
508 posts
Peasant

Character name: Samuel Webber
Class: Combat
Race: Half-Orc
Appearance: Somewhat better looking than most people with Orcish ancestry, Samuel has short black hair, dull brown eyes and a mouth that is stuck in an everlasting stupid-looking grin. He stands 6 feet 5 inches tall, and his skin has a slight greenish tinge. His bulging muscles are somewhat typical of Half-Orc males.

Background: He was conceived due to a liaison between a drunk man and an orcish female. After his birth his mother left him with his father and wandered off, never to be seen again. He grew up helping his father on the farm, getting what little schooling he could from his father. He had attempted to go to a normal school but could not make it past the third grade due to his lack of intelligence. At the age of 18 his father sent him to the kings army who recruited him in the foot soldiers. He was an amazing fighter, and he quickly went up the ranks, stopping at Sargent because nobody wanted a stupid officer above the NCO ranks. One day while out on patrol with the kings nephew, his patrol was ambushed by bandits. They killed ruthlessly, and in the end Samuel was the only survivor. He decided it might look bad if he came back, so he fled.

Reason for questing: Fighting is the only thing he knows, and he would be too embarrassed to go back to his father.
Starting location: Wherever.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Name: Flappymage
Class:Mage (obviously)
Race: Dwarf

Appearance: A slender dwarf. Eyebrows always down, eyepatch on left eye. Peircing white hair, along with a curved, flat, nose. 3 Feet tall, but can jump thrice his size.

Background: " I started out a mere student. Always following the rules, always doing what i'm told. Then, my trainer died. He was like a father to me, as my own died of the horrible disease, Frilovia. Then, after I finished crying like ever before, I raged. I mean, I got SSOOOO mad. I was never going to be happy ever again. Then, when the messanger came again, he said that My trainer did not doe of Frilovia. He was killed, by a rogue, able to talk his way in then stab my trainer. Now i am an outcast, searching for that one rogue. I turned against all Good, and went to Evil."

Goal: TO FIND THAT ROGUE!
Starting location: A tent in the middle of the Town, along with a warrior (unnamed).

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Sorry all, been dealing with some heavy stuff. I am going to temporarily lock this until I can devote much needed time here.

Keep an eye on this, because in the next day or two I should really be on...

Showing 46-59 of 59