Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Tensions with Iran

Posted Nov 8, '12 at 8:47pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,477 posts

The Department of Defense just disclosed that a US drone was fired upon over international waters last week (here). This is considered an act of war under international law. What happens next? Nothing? Tighter sanctions? War? Discuss.

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 4:25pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,863 posts

International waters?
That is their side of story.
Iranians say other wise.
and I don't think anything will happen over this.
After all once washington downed their civilia\
plane too.

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 4:56pm

deathbewithyou

deathbewithyou

589 posts

Iranians probably didn't like what the drone was doing... that's all I can think of at the moment.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 4:56pm

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

As i said, Iran want to "show muscles", espeicely as USA is there target for blaming everything wrong with there country. So when they will pass the line there might be some tenssion, but i guese USA will leave it for now. It will be a stuiped move to attack now.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 5:09pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,863 posts

As i said, Iran want to "show muscles", espeicely as USA is there target for blaming everything wrong with there country. So when they will pass the line there might be some tenssion, but i guese USA will leave it for now. It will be a stuiped move to attack now.
So, you think Iran is at fault here?

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 8:34pm

EnigmaX

EnigmaX

101 posts

What I find to be of particular interest is 't that the drone was fired upon, but that after Iran suppossedly shot down a stealth Sentinel drone, two fighter jets can't bring this one down. So anycase Iran could make to shooting down the drone in the first place just took a cripling blow.

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 11:28am

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,863 posts

What I find to be of particular interest is 't that the drone was fired upon, but that after Iran suppossedly shot down a stealth Sentinel drone, two fighter jets can't bring this one down. So anycase Iran could make to shooting down the drone in the first place just took a cripling blow.

It was not shot downed, it was hack downed.

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 1:51pm

EnigmaX

EnigmaX

101 posts

Except that the RQ-170 Sentinel doesn't use GPS as a guidance mechanism, instead using an inertial navigation mechanism.

Furthermore, if Iran has the capability to take down a stealth drone via hacking, why send two aircraft to down it as opposed to hacking it again?

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 4:36pm

AatosLiukkonen

AatosLiukkonen

67 posts

Furthermore, if Iran has the capability to take down a stealth drone via hacking, why send two aircraft to down it as opposed to hacking it again?

Not all situations can use the same method. They likely didn't have enough time to intercept the transmission before the drone was gone, as opposed to a spying run where they literally have hours and hours.

This is a ploy by Iran to piss us off. They suck at killing Americans indirectly, so they want to provoke us into a war. That and it'll give them reason to attempt to bomb Israel.

Gotta kill our allies, too.

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 4:39pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,863 posts

Except that the RQ-170 Sentinel doesn't use GPS as a guidance mechanism, instead using an inertial navigation mechanism.

What makes you so sure?
and if it is so, it does not mean its unhackable.
Also had have it crashed on its own, it would have had been in a very bad shape.

To make a statement?
Why the hell should I know?

Reply to Tensions with Iran

You must be logged in to post a reply!