Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Louisiana Petitions To Secede

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 2:37pm

ninjanick

ninjanick

180 posts

since the last time startes left the union ended soooo well..

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 3:41pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,617 posts

Kasic last time was mostly because of slavery, not people not liking the president and the way the contra is going (while yes that is a necissary factor for the other it is not the only reason). The other one was about inhumanity, this one (secession, well a wannabe secession) is about other things that probably wouldn't lead to war.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 3:43pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,617 posts

Sorry, I saw the armatar and thought it was Kasic. That was directed at ninjanick.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 4:10pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

379 posts

Kasic last time was mostly because of slavery, not people not liking the president and the way the contra is going (while yes that is a necissary factor for the other it is not the only reason). The other one was about inhumanity, this one (secession, well a wannabe secession) is about other things that probably wouldn't lead to war.

That isn't 100% true. Not liking the president, and the slavery issue wasn't the only reason for the Civil War. They were just proponents of it that led to the war.

Some other proponents that led to the Civil War were: Economic and Social Differences (ie. the north was more industrialized than agricultural, meanwhile the south was more into agricultural growth than industrial growth), and State vs Federal Rights.The South believed that individual states needed to have the most power in how the states are run. Meanwhile the North thought that the Federal government needed the most power, and as you said the election of Abraham Lincoln, the growth of the abolition movement and the fight between slave and non-slave proponents.

Slavery is titled as the biggest reason as to why the Civil War happened, even though it probably would've happened either way, eventually. Except that because of slavery it happened sooner than later..

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 4:46pm

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

Themost, isnt that mean they broke from the north because they didnt liked the President oppinions? Didnt liked that he was against slavery?

And another question - isnt it happen almost every time the Democrats win? Some people claim the same bull**** about "former glory" "a dying nation" and "a note in history"?

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 5:52pm

tegan190

tegan190

805 posts

That's a recipe for disaster, It may be a peaceful petition but if they successfully secede there's going to be so many problems.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 6:29pm

samdawghomie

samdawghomie

3,672 posts

I hope the enjoy not having FEMA when the next hurricane hits. *trollface*

I'm being sarcastic btw if you couldn't tell.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 6:32pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

I can't help be reminded of that "threat" from Texas to secede. BTW one of the Republicans bidding for president was the guy to suggest this.
So I guess Louisiana can take Texas with it, all the people why would like can be granted amnesty and next time New Orleans gets wiped off the map, we won't have to offer federal help.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 7:22pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,335 posts

Knight

Some people are just plain retarded!
How about the South secede from the North? That way the rednecks can live in the past and wear their cowboy (carnival) outfit everyday, gun down whoever they dislike, ditch their trucks for a horse, start slavery again or segregation, turn the KKK into a new government.
I mean come on? The democrats had to survive 8 years of Republican regime of fear and abuse from the riches, we somehow survived and so will you.
It makes me want to say, it's your turn, Mu ha ha ha ha ha!!!!
Lord Obama will crush you!!! >:D

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 8:41pm

EnigmaX

EnigmaX

101 posts

[Quote]How about the South secede from the North? That way the rednecks can live in the past and wear their cowboy (carnival) outfit everyday, gun down whoever they dislike, ditch their trucks for a horse, start slavery again or segregation, turn the KKK into a new government.
I mean come on? The democrats had to survive 8 years of Republican regime of fear and abuse from the riches, we somehow survived and so will you.
It makes me want to say, it's your turn, Mu ha ha ha ha ha!!!!
Lord Obama will crush you!!! >:D[/quote]

I think my IQ just dropped twenty points. Please, for the love of everything that is holy, tell me you are using hyperbole to get a point accross. Please.

Eh. Given how just about every region of the US has or has tried to secede from the Union, I'm not really surprised. Besides, every election cycle has the supporters of the losing party threatening to flee to Canada (which actually wound up occuring during the draft), and you have to remember this is a private citizen making the request, not the state government. I doubt Bobby Jindal would throw his 2016 hopes on the whims of a few private citizens.

Reply to Louisiana Petitions To Secede

You must be logged in to post a reply!