Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Does age matter in relationships?

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 8:40pm

red303

red303

164 posts

I think it definetly matters when they're kids. But a 7-year gap between two married adults won't really bother me.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 2:53pm

collimore

collimore

45 posts

My friend's parents are 13 years apart which I don't see as a problem. I agree with everyone else who is saying later in life it doesn't matter as much. Like, right now I'm in high school but I wouldn't consider dating someone in college or middle school....Later in life I don't think those 3 or 4 years matter much.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 6:39pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,784 posts

We've all heard this story about the 72 year old who married an 18 year old girl

One word, money,lots and lots of money. Killersup can almost guarantee it.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 9:27pm

JuicyFruits

JuicyFruits

171 posts

I think it does matter a little bit. I mean I don't mind it being at least 10 years apart. It's just really weird to think about. I do have a question though, Do you think it's weird when the girl is older than the guy?

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 10:17pm

Jumpper

Jumpper

153 posts

I think that it could ruin a long term relationship if it were before they were out of high school. but when they were out (or as close as senior year) it doesn't matter in 3- 5 year difference.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 10:06am

Bluydee

Bluydee

699 posts

Love goes past all bounds. It doesn't really matter, unless it's only for money/ulterior methods.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 11:17am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,957 posts

Knight

Money for the young lady, young lady for the old guy ;) But even in such relations the two partners can develop affection for each other.

I do have a question though, Do you think it's weird when the girl is older than the guy?

If the difference is substancial: Unusual, yes. Weird, not necessarily.
If it's just a few years, I don't think it's even unusual. Less frequent at most.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 11:57am

spikeabc

spikeabc

1,004 posts

i couldnt imagine someone older then me dating me. i mean, i dont normally go for that stuff anyway, but a 3 year age difference is a little much for me.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 7:27pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,784 posts

Money for the young lady, young lady for the old guy ;) But even in such relations the two partners can develop affection for each other.

Also, fame for the young lady. She stays with him for two years,about the time it takes for everyone to forget about her. Then she divorces, and takes half the big fat check with her.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 6:03am

MagicTree

MagicTree

360 posts

I agree with pang, as a 10 year old and a 15 year old dating isn't right, but a 20 year old and a 25 year old is fine. I think that the max depends on your age, but once over 20, I think the max is about 15 at most.

Reply to Does age matter in relationships?

You must be logged in to post a reply!