ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWrtiter's Block

33 12337
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

"Come one, came all to the writers block here we determine if ye be able to weave grand tales of heroes or villains." The Wandering Bard

Alright I am not sure if I should post this in forum games but this is aimed more for writers then spammers. Here it is, this thread is for those who wish to practice a bit of writing. Particularly in a role playing setting. Now first off if you wish to participate you must develop a character, the characters can be any sort of being but it must be able to speak some sort of language, if not English then you must provide a translation in parentheses next to the dialog. Though characters in this setting that do not speak the language will not understand you dialog, for it is role playing, it is for the readers benefit. Writing about should be about their actions, reactions, dialog, or descriptions this is just a general guide for what to mention.

Strict Rules!!

1.All participants who post must write at least 50-100 words about their character in each post. Unless it a question about the thread or commenting on someones work, I do not restrict a good critique or input on helping someone develop their character but please be civil about it.
2. All story related writings must use the BB code to quote, so we can recognize easily as part of the tale.
3. The characters are restricted to the setting, genre, and time period so please don't throw in laser cannons or cyborg ninjas if were writing about a medieval fantasy.
4. Every so often we might change the setting for the sake of not limiting ourselves to one particular role. At this time participants will be able to come up with new characters or adapt their current ones to the new setting.
5. No one is allowed to kill off characters without the consent of their creator.
6. Keep all content within the forum rules

Lets see these rule will be subject to change if some unknown problem occurs.

now onto the show!
The Setting: Medieval Fantasy.
There are two places you could find your character a old sod walled pub in which the smell of stale beer lingers. The floors are irregular shaped blocks of wood. The thatched roof made of straw and tar. Smoke wafts in the oak rafters from the embers crackling in the fire place which is constructed of clay mortar and shoot covered bricks. Your character will be waiting at the bar for someone who put an advertisement looking to contract a few persons for a job other then that you do know the specifics so I leave it up to you to determine what your characters are doing at this moment.

The second pace your character can begin is in a stone dungeon in which you are imprisoned for crimes against the town, whether or not they are just will be determined by your own description of these crimes. It is a dank dark cell you sit in the iron bars sweat with moisture and the floors slick and cold to the touch, a guard clad in chain mail and leather sits snoozing on an old worn roughly crafted cedar stool. A small oil lantern is the only light besides what creeps threw the cracks in the iron plated door. There are several other cells in which you hear s few other unfortunate roommates.
  • 33 Replies
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Loud heavy footsteps sounded systematicly as a large towering man who gave the apearence of walked calmly to a bar stool and sat down."It's to bloody loud!" The man shouted and the pub fell silent at the booming sound of his."Bahahaha! and that's just how I like it drinks on me!" The pub erupted into cheers and the sound of clinking glasses echoed through the pub and cheers went out in the name of Samiel the mighty blacksmith.
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

I oplogize but i left out some words.on the first line

a large towering man who the apearence of stone
A little further down
the booming sound of his voice
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Here's my Story

Out of the sudden from the merry occasion, the doors of the pub went open and a dark ominous aura seeped into the Tavern... What appeared on the door was a young beautiful woman, skin ashen pale, eyes redden with omen, hair as blood red and armed with a macabre staff. The air around became silent as she walked to the bar with eyes on her. The crowd stared at her wearily silently before continuing the merry occasion but with watchful eyes on her.
"Her name is Rumia the cursed. Stay away from her..." Whispered one of the bar mates.
DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

[/quote]The wind whispered past as an elusive but present shadow writhed and fluctuated, moving along the village streets through the night. The perceived sporadic movements were actually very well intentioned, moving slowly but surely towards the pub on the East side of town. As the shadow moved it thought to itself, "We have some knowledge of his intentions for them, although what they lead to is clouded... We will listen to their gathering, and decide our actions based upon the details..." and with this thought, the shadow continued its journey to the pub.
Upon its arrival, it stationed itself cunningly outside of their meeting room's window, which was sure to give it easy access to the words spoken throughout the proceeding conversations...[quote]

DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

The wind whispered past as an elusive but present shadow writhed and fluctuated, moving along the village streets through the night. The perceived sporadic movements were actually very well intentioned, moving slowly but surely towards the pub on the East side of town. As the shadow moved it thought to itself, "We have some knowledge of his intentions for them, although what they lead to is clouded... We will listen to their gathering, and decide our actions based upon the details..." and with this thought, the shadow continued its journey to the pub.
Upon its arrival, it stationed itself cunningly outside of their meeting room's window, which was sure to give it easy access to the words spoken throughout the proceeding conversations...
DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

Extremely sorry for the triple-post, it was unintentional. Now that I know how the quotes work it won't happen again, I promise.

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

After the short lived silence of the crowd Samiel cast his violent merry gaze upon the red haired girl then stood and walked toward her.Standing over her like a giant Samiel looked furius at her for interupting the fun but then again Samiel was unpredictable in this way people were often unable to tell if he was joking or enraged so when Samiel had this expression on his face it was going to be fun or dreadful so people watched with anticipation."SO...........I hear your supposed to be cursed......then again."Samiel grinned and a collective sigh filled the pub."Never met man nor beast that could shut the likes of these mouths my highest honors to you las."Samiel said then turned to the bartender."Hey I feel generous today another round on me."The pub erupted into another explosion of cheers even louder this time.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

From the ceiling, Indigo watched. Indigo was not a human, though it had wondered what it was.
And then, it had found an old man who had given him a few simple words. "You, Indigo, are a radish. Not just any kind of radish, but a purple radish, and those are the best. Now go spy on those people in the bar. They're making too much noise, so they must be having a party. Go see what the party is about."
So Indigo went off to see. And now, there was a resounding shout from below that caused it to lose its grip. It fell wildly through the air, until it landed in something amber-colored. It stared up at the menacing, furry beast in front of it.
Indigo was radish to face with a beard.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Oh sorry, I forgot to quotenize it.
Also I think that is more than 100 words. Sorry again.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Broke was trying to get a feel for the room while the old man tried to build the suspense. Just tell us what you want already! There was a lot of noise coming back from the bar, and there was an unusually strong presence too. Broke also sensed something outside, leering through the window. And a vegetable? This pub was attracting too much attention, and Broke couldn't wait to see what happened next.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Indigo panicked and flailed around wildly, sloshing liquid everywhere. The face the beard was attached to didn't noticed, and Indigo eventually manuevered itself out and onto the beard.
The bearded face still did not notice as the vegetable went crawling up the side of it, but it did notice when Indigo stopped to snack on some eyebrow hairs.
With a roar, the man grabbed at his face and flung the hapless vegetable across the room. Indigo's momentum was stopped by a large man's posterior as he bent over, and it (Indigo, not the posterior) careened back across the room, finally landing on top of a sleeping person's head. Safe, for now, anyway.
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

well guys sorry if I haven't been posting anything but I might let ya'll take over this thread for a while, been busy in life so you might have to come up with the rest of the plot. Fell free to take over the characters I have came up with. I am not limiting what you can do with them.

The Old man snickers at the commotion and closes the door and enters the room. He looks at those who have gathered and says "Here is why I put out the advertisement for willing souls. There is a cavern guarded by an Ogre that is said to be the entrance to an ancient ruin. In this ruin lay an object that could be of very great use to me. I am willing to pay q hefty sum to those who can enter the ruins and retrieve this object. Any thing else you find along the way you can keep but here is a drawing of the object and a map to the cavern. It is at least a weeks travel to the cavern and is in a frigid climate. The payment is 200 gold pieces now and another 1000 upon the return with the object.
DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

If everyone would like to respond to this man (besides my character, of course) I would be willing to volunteer finishing this conversation at least, as the old man.

arcticwolf33
arcticwolf33
485 posts
Nomad

hey, in this thread is there one big story that everyone continues, or does everyone have their own thing?

DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

One big story that everyone continues.

Showing 16-30 of 33