Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Battle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 179)

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 10:31pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,177 posts

Knight

Where did I lay down a rule? I'll say it again, I am merely requesting that you take discussion from previous battles to the profiles to avoid confusion! A simple request, and you guys are getting all upset.

It seems you're the one getting his knickers in a twist.

I would say that the thread topic is merely that of a discussion on brands; if we stuck to the current topic all the time, it would reduce discussion, and discourage unfamiliar users, who usually post about Apple and Microsoft. Of course we should stick to the battle on hand, but if it means that all ongoing discussions on previous topics, even if ongoing must cease immediately, then it's senseless.

Adding on, I like my 3 year old Hp 2309 screen; it's large enough to use as a movie screener, but not too large till it becomes like a plasma tv.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 10:35pm

daleks

daleks

3,325 posts

Neither... Toshiba for the win. But, I don't know. Guess I have to go with Dell. My dad's old laptop is Dell. It is about 5 years old with Windows Vista and still booking along well. My school computers were Dell. They were a bit slow but not bad for having literally hundereds of computers hooked up to a server. So Dell.

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 6:30am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

Divides 600 million over 30 days* That's 20 million a day on average. The Super Bowl has 170 million for just a few hours.

the final netherlands vs spain was seen by over 700million people in total.

thats 1 match, 1 evening like the superbowl but then 4 times as much spectators ;)

===================

HP wins for me.
Dell costs allot extra for just a average machine.

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 6:52am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

Where did I lay down a rule? I'll say it again, I am merely requesting that you take discussion from previous battles to the profiles to avoid confusion! A simple request, and you guys are getting all upset.

no rule so  next time, dont care and just post Shane240199

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 8:29am

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

Both are not that good in my opinion I'd never actually buy any of their products because if I want a pc I'll buy parts and build it myself and if I want a laptop I'd go with someone like acer or asus.

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 9:07am

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

5,851 posts

HP, thats all i have to say ;)

Posted Jun 23, '13 at 12:22am

xeano321

xeano321

2,599 posts

Knight

It seems you're the one getting his knickers in a twist.

I'm not the one overreacting. Is it really worth you guys getting so upset?

if we stuck to the current topic all the time

The whole thread has pretty much stuck to the current topic without discussion of past battles with no problem. This last one was a rather large discussion, and in order to keep the thread running smoothly and without confusion, I requested you take further discussion to the profiles... Tell me, what is so bad about that? Does the discussion end? No, it is merely relocated.

it would reduce discussion, and discourage unfamiliar users, who usually post about Apple and Microsoft

Informing the new users that particular battle has ended is no big deal... Been doing it the whole thread.

Of course we should stick to the battle on hand, but if it means that all ongoing discussions on previous topics, even if ongoing must cease immediately, then it's senseless.

I thought about that, but I feel that the discussions can be carried on via user profiles without problem. The discussion does not cease, it is merely relocated. Is that too hard to understand?

I feel we have discussed this enough here... It's throwing the thread off topic. Contact me on my profile.

the final netherlands vs spain was seen by over 700million people in total.

thats 1 match, 1 evening like the superbowl but then 4 times as much spectators ;)

Please take further discussion of previous battles to user profiles. It helps avoid confusion in the ongoing battle.

Posted Jun 23, '13 at 1:28am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,177 posts

Knight

I'm not the one overreacting. Is it really worth you guys getting so upset?

I'm not upset; I am merely pointing out that the WC is the larger competition.
You're upset that I'm still on the previous topic.

Informing the new users that particular battle has ended is no big deal... Been doing it the whole thread.

Usually in a way that chases them away.

I thought about that, but I feel that the discussions can be carried on via user profiles without problem. The discussion does not cease, it is merely relocated. Is that too hard to understand?

I don't think a discussion needs to be cloistered up amongst two people only, unless it gets personal, like the WERP.

Posted Jun 23, '13 at 2:12am

danielo

danielo

1,397 posts

Microsoft.

Long time ago, my brother destroyed my favorite game disc (it was long long ago [rise of nation]) so i, by myself called there support line. And they sent me a new one! Gold edition!

Since then im a loyal fan.

Posted Jun 23, '13 at 2:14am

danielo

danielo

1,397 posts

Ooops... didnt saw it was page 1...

(When this edit buttom is gonna be added?)

Reply to Battle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 179)

You must be logged in to post a reply!