ForumsThe Tavern[NECRO] I thought this was news worth sharing

196 70594
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

John now works for Kongregate.

And some questions: Are his future games going to be exclusive to Kongregate (for example, Exit Path 2 is here but not there, if he made a big game will it only be played there)? Will he still remain an administrator here?

Wasn't sure where to put this.

• 196 Replies
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Which snob inserted [sic] into my phone typo :3 ?

Okay it was me. o.0 Don't ask why I put it in.

And I still feel this is a valid point:

Ian (Cormyn) leaves, the release of AG3 is suspended indefinitely, the forums begin to see more and more technical issues, now John leaves.

No one finds that odd?
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

No one finds that odd?

I am sure some people do. The same people that believe 9/11 was a conspiracy by the government to give them a 'reason' to invade the Middle East.

Cormyn left for a job offer closer to home (if I recall correctly). John left for whatever reason he had (which appears to be a job offer if you read anything in the thread). Both left on good terms with website maintenance/issues not being a factor.
Things takes time when it comes to site overhauls. We're not talking about a few casual updates here and there. There is a lot of stuff going on.
70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@xXxDAPRO89xXx: did u mentioned about this Mod of Kong?
then i highly recommend u read carefully this page
again lah XD
if u notice, this Mod actually crossed out the sentences: "Take that AG" then tell y he del this cmt
so u should read carefully b4 jump on the conclusion lah :-P

@All: like i said b4, chilled out guys, Kong now has John but we still have many other talented game developer, no?
For instantly, have u tried the game Armor Chrronicles of Louissi or Hammy the flying squirrel of Tony? they r both very nice new games made by game developers other than John
And mah opinion is DUN CRY OVER THE SPILLED MILK!
bcoz John left and no matter what we said, he wont come back anymore, let s just be friendly to him (by NOT saying he s villain lah XD) and hope that John will still share his new games to AG site, even when they will be landed on Kong 1st lah :-P

DarkRainyKnight
DarkRainyKnight
2 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone.

I would just like to apologize for my comment. I meant it as a joke and clearly didn't think it through. I didn't mean anything by it. It was a stupid joke and really immature of me. I take it back and hope everything will be alright. No hard feelings I hope.

Good luck to Armor Games and many years of success. Best wishes to everybody and hopefully many more battles of friendly competition between us!

Lastly, good luck to Jmtb02! No matter where he is I hope everyone can enjoy his great games.

Now to just ask Santa for a joke book because I obviously need one.

Cheers :-)

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

It's sad to see him going, but you just have to accept that he wasn't always going to be tied down to one game company - and eight years is a loooong time!

It is also sad to completely lose Carlie, but she hasn't be very active recently anyway.

Whether he left for more money, better opportunities, closer to family, or whatever - we have to respect his decision and wish him all the best.

And besides, this site will still be kicking for many years into the future - with or without him.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

And besides, this site will still be kicking for many years into the future - with or without him.

Have you seen the forum activity lately?

So they have one of the most gifted flash game devs to ever have graced the internet, but we (for the time being) still have Joey, Tony, Krin, ConArtist and CoolNiato. I'm sure things will be up and kicking when sinjiid and CtC 3 come out.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

if u notice, this Mod actually crossed out the sentences: "Take that AG" then tell y he del this cmt
so u should read carefully b4 jump on the conclusion lah :-P

Yeah, that sentence is pretty hard to understand.
But it's a strikethrough, if that user wanted to - he could've easily removed "Take that AG" altogether, which he didn't.
Besides, that isn't really an offensive joke, if one of Kong's admin's had joined AG, chances are someone would've said something 'wrong?' about their website like.
"Yeah, what took you so long? Their website sucks." kind of thing
Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

I just wanted to say that John is a good friend of everybody here at Armor Games, including myself - if only for the short time I've known him. He will be greatly missed, and I wish him only the best in anything he does in the future.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Well said Ferret.

I'm sure glad out mod squad/overlord team has more sense then theirs, I said a nice hardly condescending goodbye and it gets removed even though other people's blatant flaming was kept.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

John will be missed! He became a good friend even though I haven't worked here very long.

Also I'd like to add that I'm impressed and appreciative of the maturity of this forum.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Let me correct myself. I wasn't trying to be rude, but yet it got deleted when blatant flaming and massive amounts of spam weren't. I truly wish John the best of luck and expressed that yet they took it as rude it seems.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I said a nice hardly condescending goodbye and it gets removed

What did it say because things can easily be taken the wrong way?

I'd like to add that I'm impressed and appreciative of the maturity of this forum.

Whaddya mean?
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Things takes time when it comes to site overhauls. We're not talking about a few casual updates here and there. There is a lot of stuff going on.

Yay, some feedback!

I suppose my thought is (conspiracy) theory. But I've had real life experience with similar sorts.

The place I worked was slow in business for an extended time and most likely because of poor management and a lack of funds to hire enough employees to do it right. We began cutting corners to save money. An employee of several years was suddenly fired and we weren't given a clear reason why. Some of the higher-up employees (managers) left the job. Several of the (lower-down) people who had worked there many years (3 to 4 or more years) quit all at once. The business survived, but things were rocky.

The similarities I draw between my past job and AG are this:
1.) Business was slow (similar to) AG not able to get AGV3 and forum problems. [Is it do to lack of funds/not able to hire enough employees to produce and fix?]
2.) Higher-ups leaving (similar to) Cormyn and John leaving.
3.) Long time employees leaving (similar to) John leaving.

The differences:
1.) Both AG employees left on good terms.
2.) Only two people leaving isn't the same as how many people at my job left.
3.) Better skills at AG.
4.) Two completely different types of industry.

I mean the AG events just remind me of a previous experience I've had and I can see some similarities. But, I suppose I'm really digging deep here o.0 [me making a derp face to myself].

Hope all goes well of John and AG.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

What did it say because things can easily be taken the wrong way?

I gave him a fond farewell from all of us at AG, said a little about his greatness and said that I'm an AG fanatic in my farewell. That got deleted but not
Congratulations on joining Kongregate, John!
I hope you feel wonderful about all the ArmorGames users that are (quote):
in fetal position sucking thumb and crying I think Iâm going into shockâ¦.I can see the light, hold me

DONâT FEEL GUILTY FOR YOUR SINS AT ALL.
JUST FEEL HAPPY AND FORGET ALL THE PEOPLE YOU LEFT BEHIND WHO ARE CRYING IN AGONY
WWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

DONâT FEEL BAD AT ALL.
Here are some more quotes from ArmorGames in case youâre interested:
stroke the furry wall dude, just stroke the furry wall

I just don't get it, mine could be taken either way but this one has a clear meaning. As I said, I'm glad the AG staff has more sense.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

John...
http://images.wikia.com/pirates/images/d/df/Davy_Jones_Death_AWE.PNG
Gone?
UNACCEPTABLE!
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/03/0322_motion_capture/image/slide_1.jpg

Showing 76-90 of 196