Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Mall shooting in Oregon

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 11:25pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

194 posts

Thanks for the information. I think that there was a problem with the family and the educational authorities had difficulty taking control of the ball.
I never was a perfect kid and I'm telling you my family had issues. I chose religeon rather than firearms. Quote Christianity is the opiate of the people. Unquote.

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 11:27pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,242 posts

Knight

The actual quote refers to ''religion'' in general actually.

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 11:30pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

194 posts

I suspected I misquoted.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 12:16am

404011xz

404011xz

218 posts

Why can't these idiots shoot themselves FIRST and save everybody else the trouble?

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 12:46am

handlerfan

handlerfan

194 posts

I imagine that only shooting yourself is less 'satisfying' than taking other members of the human race with you. If you take your own life you get relief from your situation and you also get dead.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 1:03am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,242 posts

Knight

Why can't these idiots shoot themselves FIRST and save everybody else the trouble?

Daft question that does not address the problem.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 1:54am

wontgetmycatnip

wontgetmycatnip

95 posts

If only the House would be willing to pour money into mental health services, this sort of thing could have been averted.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 3:09am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,711 posts

Simply put..they want attention. They want to become famous, and who are you going to remember more..the guy who simply shot himself..or the guy that shot up a public place and killed multiple people?

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 9:47am

404011xz

404011xz

218 posts

actually nic. it does solve the problem, they were gunna shoot themselves at the end, just switch the order and we wouldn't have to have this conversation.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 10:04am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,242 posts

Knight

actually nic. it does solve the problem, they were gunna shoot themselves at the end, just switch the order and we wouldn't have to have this conversation.

I think you really are daft. The gun man wanted to send a message, and he did it via the shooting of school children. A lone suicide doesn't do that, as Pang mentioned.

Reply to Mall shooting in Oregon

You must be logged in to post a reply!