ForumsWEPRMall shooting in Oregon

191 61266
BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

3 people dead including the shooter. this is on the front page of CNN. i guess somebody went into the mall and started firing an assault rifle at people. multiple others were wounded. this happened literally like 5 minutes from my house. [url=http://www.katu.com/news/local/Shooting-Clackamas-Town-Center-183077691.html] link to news article

• 191 Replies
BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

Meanwhile the criminals buy some guns too at first, then they steal them and create their black market. Then comes the weirdo who buys guns them start killing innocent people...
Now where did it all start? Remember the rich redneck ******* who built a gun factory?

no the criminals steal from the people who buy the guns who buy them for legitmate purposes(hunting, target practice etc) . and a rich redneck did not just build a gun factory, companies who have millions of dollars manufacture and distribute the firearms with no intent on them for being used to kill people. you cant blame the factory or the person who owns the company for any violence caused by firearms
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Now where did it all start? Remember the rich redneck ******* who built a gun factory?

You do realize that guns were being made looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong before the NRA, right?

Guns aren't new and trying to place the blame on "the rich redneck" is quite frankly pathetic.

The real answer as to "where did it all start" would be in China over 10 centuries ago.

So please, drop the annoying and stereotypical attack on the NRA.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Okay here's a story: Once upon a time (yeah that's cheesy) there was a redneck who had and idea to build a gun factory. He then sold deadly weapons to the rest of the World and he became filthy rich.
Then he thought, "hey why don't I sell weapons to everybody in the US so I can get even richer." Then comes the NRA and all it's bullcrap. Now any redneck can have a weapon so they can shoot animals who can't shoot back at them and they're so proud of it. Meanwhile the criminals buy some guns too at first, then they steal them and create their black market. Then comes the weirdo who buys guns them start killing innocent people...

I would like the name of this "redneck" you speak of.

There's nothing wrong with hunting.

Instead of blaming the criminals, you're blaming the tool makers. Guns are tools, most people don't abuse them.
theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Power does not corrupt people; People corrupt power. Yes, guns are tools. However, they're WAAAAY overpowered. Guns allow for quick and violent murder as well as hunting. With this much raw potential, people must be responsible with guns. Just like cars and other high technology: Cars require licenses because they're very tough to handle. weaker tools like axes and saws always have a safety label on them. Etc, etc.
Bottom line, people who can't handle the responsibility of a gun by abusing it's purpose should not be allowed to have one.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

companies who have millions of dollars manufacture and distribute the firearms with no intent on them for being used to kill people

Oops you're right,, guns are built for gardening, not to kill people.

The real answer as to "where did it all start" would be in China over 10 centuries ago.

I'm not talking about how guns were created, I'm talking about the US culture of violence and the narrow minded rednecks who worship guns. They will try everything to justify owning guns. If rich ******** weren't making deadly weapons then nobody would shoot innocent people.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

if you want to keep shooting each other then be my guest.
it's not that i like the place anyway.
just want to say that a country were not everyone has a gun and act to be a hero. is usually safer then the hole you guys live in.
and if by your logic it is safer when everyone has a gun. then how come there is never the news that 1 of those guys got shot down befor or during they go rampage? always suicide or police bullets.

and shooting at robbers is just crazy.... tell your hero story, but in my books your crazy.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Remember the rich redneck ******* who built a gun factory?

You realize that guns can be made in other countries or obtained from other countries, right? (AK-47/74, Benelli, Accuracy International, H&K, Sako, Steyr, Walther, SIG Sauer, etc)
then how come there is never the news that 1 of those guys got shot down befor or during they go rampage?

It's not never.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Oops you're right,, guns are built for gardening, not to kill people.

I don't see you complaining about every other type of weapon in the world, from swords to tanks and everything in-between.

I'm talking about the US culture of violence and the narrow minded rednecks who worship guns.

I'll ask again, please stop with the blatant stereotyping.

If rich ******** weren't making deadly weapons then nobody would shoot innocent people.

Grow up, seriously. Everything wrong with the world isn't because of some snooty rich person.

then how come there is never the news that 1 of those guys got shot down befor or during they go rampage?

There ARE. You and your confirmation bias simply get hung up on the events you're looking for. Those types of events also don't gain such media coverage. 10+ dead in a random shooting is a lot bigger of a story than one random person stopping what would have been a big event.

and if by your logic it is safer when everyone has a gun.

Here's where the anti-firearm side breaks down.

PEOPLE HAVE GUNS. Whether or not they are legal DOES NOT STOP PEOPLE FROM HAVING THEM. Yes, you can regulate them. Yes, you can reduce the amount of them out there. Does that stop them from existing? No. does that stop people from acts of violence? No.

I agree with you that in a perfect world, no guns would be better. WE DO NOT LIVE IN THAT WORLD.

and shooting at robbers is just crazy.... tell your hero story, but in my books your crazy.

Would you rather they just let them keep shooting at random people? You sure as hell aren't going to have a good chance of tackling someone with an illegal assault rifle as you would of shooting them from a distance.
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

We have gun laws in England and we still have mentally ill poeple going on shooting sprees.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Instead of blaming the criminals, you're blaming the tool makers.

It could be worse; he could be blaming the patrons:
"If everyone shopped online at home, this never would've happened."
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I guess I'll never understand you gun lovers. Smart people like to play with words and idiots like to play with gun.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I'll ask again, please stop with the blatant stereotyping.

the usa culture is 1 full whit violence and close minded thinking.
add to that the arrogantsy and nationalism and this is the outcome.

you call it stereotypes, i call it reallity for 50% of the americans.

10+ dead in a random shooting is a lot bigger of a story than one random person stopping what would have been a big event.

still it should be on the little news page of the paper. i always check those and i can't remember when i saw something like that last.

PEOPLE HAVE GUNS. Whether or not they are legal DOES NOT STOP PEOPLE FROM HAVING THEM.

if guns are illegal then it's easyer. EVERYONE WHIT A GUN IS A CRIMINAL if you see a gun you know the guy isn't good and you can instandly warn the police that he has a gun. and they can instantly arrest him. there is never confusion if it's a criminal or not

and if random people do not have guns then the small criminals wont need a gun either. because they know that the people they attack wont shoot back. so the outcome is allot less shooting accidents and blind bullets.
sure a knife can kill aswell. but you can defend yourself against a knife and you wont die as fast as whit a gun.

Does that stop them from existing? No. does that stop people from acts of violence? No.

neither when everyone has a gun.
only if there are loads of guns around the probability that it will happen is much bigger.

Would you rather they just let them keep shooting at random people?

robbers dont shoot random people.
well maybe they do in the usa because they know that the person they are robbing might shoot them. so it's safer to just instantly shoot them instead of waiting and see if the victim is going to shoot at all.

You sure as hell aren't going to have a good chance of tackling someone with an illegal assault rifle as you would of shooting them from a distance.

why do you need to be the hero at all?
let them run away whit your stuff and go to the police.
better let them have some stuff and walk away unharmed then trying to be the hero. start shooting and end up whit dead people or hospitalized.

We have gun laws in England and we still have mentally ill poeple going on shooting sprees.

since uk has gun laws, the shooting incidents have lowered by over 70%
knife attacks on the other had have tripled.
but knife attacks are less fast deadly and people can defend themself against it. (also are the surgery costs allot lower)

I guess I'll never understand you gun lovers. Smart people like to play with words and idiots like to play with gun.

+1
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

and you can instandly warn the police that he has a gun. and they can instantly arrest him.

"When seconds matter, police are just minutes away." My mom was cleaning a friend's house while they were out of town and accidentally tripped their home security system. She explained the situation to the response caller, who said they'd be sendng an officer like it was an emergency, as was their procedure. He checked her ID and stuff, then left. But it took him over 20 minutes to get there. How is that 'instantly'?

and if random people do not have guns then the small criminals wont need a gun either. because they know that the people they attack wont shoot back.

Why would a criminal take the risk of getting stabbed, bludgeoned, or pinned by the victim when they could threaten from a distance?

I think he was referring to the crazy people who do shoot random people, such as titular incident.

What of the ones who shoot indiscriminately, not stealing?
What of the ones who don't just want your stuff?

better let them have some stuff and walk away unharmed then trying to be the hero.

What about when they want to walk away with your friends or family members as hostages, intending them harm?
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

the usa culture is 1 full whit violence and close minded thinking.

Violence in the media, maybe. We don't condone actual violence to any extent. Hell, you even get in trouble for fighting back at school if you're being attacked.

Close minded isn't true so much as plain ignorance of other points of view.

add to that the arrogantsy and nationalism and this is the outcome.

I'll give you that many Americans are arrogant and nationalistic.

That doesn't mean everyone who think guns shouldn't be illegal is some redneck who lives in the south and drives a 10 year old pickup with 3 shotguns in the back and hangs antlers over their fireplace.

you call it stereotypes, i call it reallity for 50% of the americans

I live here, unlike you, and it's not 50% by any means. The "redneck" amount isn't very high, and the amount of people who are very arrogant/nationalistic is probably on the order of 5-10%. Idiots shout loudest, that doesn't mean there's more of them.

still it should be on the little news page of the paper. i always check those and i can't remember when i saw something like that last.

You could always look it up.

EVERYONE WHIT A GUN IS A CRIMINAL

People still have guns though.

if you see a gun you know the guy isn't good and you can instandly warn the police that he has a gun. and they can instantly arrest him. there is never confusion if it's a criminal or not

When are you going to see said gun? When he pulls it on you? Do you really think they'll let you call the police and wait 5-6 minutes for them to show up?

but you can defend yourself against a knife and you wont die as fast as whit a gun.

Partydevil, I've said this before many times. Not everyone can defend themselves against someone with a knife like you seem to think. Even taking a few self defense courses isn't going to change much in the heat of the moment vs someone who would really be trying to cut you with it. As for dying as fast, that depends on where you're shot/cut.

neither when everyone has a gun.
only if there are loads of guns around the probability that it will happen is much bigger.

I've pulled in statistics before so look them up if you want.

Violence/crime rates in a country are dependent primarily upon the country's economic and political stability. Whether there are guns or not does not affect that.

Exactly. So even if they have the gun, are they going to use it? Perhaps, but same goes for if they were armed with any other type of weapon.

The psychos who are out to kill people are still going to get guns/bombs/whatever to kill people. Making them illegal changes nothing.

why do you need to be the hero at all?

I was referring to an incident like an indiscriminate shooting. It's not about "being a hero" either. You want to call others close minded? Stop thinking that there's only two sides, one where guns are illegal and everyone follows that law or one where guns are legal and everyone goes on random shooting sprees.

since uk has gun laws, the shooting incidents have lowered by over 70%
knife attacks on the other had have tripled.

-.- My point exactly. Making guns illegal does not stop crime/violence. Notice, you said by over 70%. That still means there's ~25% of the gun incidents still there. They aren't gone.

but knife attacks are less fast deadly and people can defend themself against it.

True, with a knife you can't kill as many people in a short amount of time or from a distance, and an unarmed person stands a better chance against someone with a knife than if they had a gun.

That doesn't change the fact that these incidents are still happening despite that guns are illegal. What did making guns illegal do? It changed the weapon. That's it. All you've done is plug one hole and watched the pressure pop open another hole of the exact same size. Anti-gun laws didn't solve anything.

In America it would have even less of an effect since there are already so many guns here and people unwilling to give them up. It would send loads of people who haven't done anything wrong to jail and make criminals the only ones armed. Disposal would cost a ton, all the new prisoners would cost a ton, police would have a ton more work to do and none of it was necessary or helpful to begin with.

Let's clear some things up, shall we?

1) Guns aren't evil. What is done with them is done by the people using them. A gun sitting there doesn't go on a rampage randomly and shoot people.

2) Not everyone who likes guns is a redneck with 3 shotguns in the back of their pickup and shoots at whoever disagrees with them. Far from it.

3) Calling someone an idiot because they have a different point of view shows nothing but your own immaturity. Partydevil wants to always rant about America's close mindedness, but really, we aren't alone in self-righteous attitudes.

4) You're naive to think that making guns illegal will prevent violence. All it does is change the weapon and guess what? Guns still exist even if they're illegal.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

That doesn't mean everyone who think guns shouldn't be illegal is some redneck who lives in the south and drives a 10 year old pickup with 3 shotguns in the back and hangs antlers over their fireplace.

their are more subcultures that can't handle a gun.
some shaped by violence, some because they are just pathetic.
this is just the most obvious one that even the others find wierd.

People still have guns though.

no they havn't.
it's illegal... -.-'
is it really that hard to see?
then come live over here for 2 years or so. you will find out.

taking a few self defense courses isn't going to change much in the heat of the moment vs someone who would really be trying to cut you with it.

ive seen a reason of a pro-gun guy here that guns are oke because most people have had practice at some point.
that doesn't say anything in the heat of the moment aswell.
so i find this also a valid reasoning.

also you seem to think that all knife incidents are about the guy wanting to stabe. while most of the time it's just to scare people.
if you freeze then then he can do his robbing or whatever. if you dont freeze you can take over or atleast remove the knife from his hands. (or you get your head together after you froze and hit him back when he doesn't expect it anymore.)

in the heat of the moment people freeze. that always happens. heat of the moment should not be taken to any side.

As for dying as fast, that depends on where you're shot/cut.

bullets go deeper and penetrate bones.
knifes themselve can keep you from bleeding dead and safe your life if they are not taken out. (a little more hope there)

Violence/crime rates in a country are dependent primarily upon the country's economic and political stability. Whether there are guns or not does not affect that.

i totally agree whit that. (therefor it has no place in this discussion) it is about the rate of crime not the weapon

but when every house has multiple guns. it is easyer for... let say a teen getting mad over something or adult who lost it's job or watever reason might pop-up. to pick up a gun. (his own or parents/brothers gun) and start rampaging.
then when he 1st has to find out where he could buy a gun. then seek contact whit the person. buy it and then go on a rampage.
by that time the rage he was in is over.
(not to mention the ease of suicide that can come to mind in a matter of seconds for all kinds of reasons. but wich is not what they actually want)

So even if they have the gun, are they going to use it? Perhaps, but same goes for if they were armed with any other type of weapon.

other kinds of weapons are not so utterly easy to handle as a gun. they do not go as fast as a gun. they do not have the range of a gun.

The psychos who are out to kill people are still going to get guns/bombs/whatever to kill people. Making them illegal changes nothing.

but they are easyer to find and identify. as all firearms are coming from the underground and nothing can be distributed by smuggling it along side the legal distribution. because that doesn't exist.

I was referring to an incident like an indiscriminate shooting.

i was referring to a robbery.

They aren't gone.

never said they will be gone.
and i never said that shootings dont happen.

-It changed the weapon. That's it.

-lower medical costs.
-less innocents hit by blind bullets.
-less deaths by homicide.
-some extra income for the people when they could deliver their guns to the police and get some money for it back (economic stimulation)

It would send loads of people who haven't done anything wrong to jail

for owning a gun you dont go to prison. they just take the gun away from you and you get a fine for it in return. only if you have loas of guns and it seems you sell them you get jail.
(in my country the fine for owning a gun is lowerd if you tell who your dealer was)

Disposal would cost a ton

just sell them to africa. thats what you government has always done.
but you can better send them to us stell. they can make something nice out of it =)

none of it was necessary or helpful to begin with.

i would be dead now if my parents had a gun in house somewhere.
so i bet the differ.
Showing 16-30 of 191