Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

So you waste minutes in the attempt to save seconds? Smooth. XD

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 3:24am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,757 posts

I wouldn't say I'm wasting minutes...I'm proactively opening each thread I plan on at least skimming through so I don't have to go back to the main forum area and open up another thread, then rinse and repeat

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 5:05am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,296 posts

Knight

It's not like there are multifarious threads to post in these days. 30 seconds is the bare minimum to roll out a decent size post.

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 11:04pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

I don't think they're complaining about the 30 second rule, rather have it automatically go away after 30 seconds have passed. Say I make submit this post then open several threads and type up responses, the time will remain there until I refresh. Can be bothersome at times.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 4:22pm

ellock

ellock

387 posts

And if I happen to be on the RPG threads. Where you actually can respond in a matter of seconds. If I am on different ones and can manage to type up the response in less then 30 seconds?

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 3:18am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,924 posts

I hate it when I need to wait another 30 sec. to comment,but when I post in a thread,I just refresh the page.The circular arrow in top of Chrome menu does miracles.My new record,four I's!

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 7:01pm

kirks011

kirks011

184 posts

I posted about this same problem a couple days ago! im glad someone agrees with me about this inconvenience.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 9:15pm

ellock

ellock

387 posts

Also, I could easily click on a thread I thought was interesting, and if it had a small number of posts I would not have to refresh to get past the page. I could then spend the next 5 min maybe more to type something good up, but my timer still does not think I have gone past 30 seconds.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 5:11pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,345 posts

This discussion seems to be going round and round in circles... ugh... the whole idea of the 30 seconds rule is pretty simple: put a stop to people multiposting in the forums for whatever reason.

If you are posting in the forum, it is about quality, not quantity folks. This means that the 30 second rule is more than sufficient to stop those that intent to post every thread to oblivion and provide no problem whatsoever to those writing a longer (quality-content) post for a single thread.

If you happen to have several threads opened at the same time and you wish to post in all of them, but the 30 second rule blocks this, simply refresh.

The rule is made for a clear reason and won't be disabled because users think it's an annoyance when they want to rush things. Take your time and enjoy the discussion I say! =)

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 5:15pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

The discussion isn't about removing the 30 second rule or complaining about it existing, rather have it automatically go away after 30 seconds have passed. It would be more convenient than refreshing all threads.

Reply to Automatic clock for posting?

You must be logged in to post a reply!