Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Westboro baptist church (Sign the petition)

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 4:53pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

None, really. However, I don't think that applies to location. There is really no reason that anyone needs to protest on site during a funeral.

Who knows? Probably not, but let's leave that door open.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 4:59pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Who knows? Probably not, but let's leave that door open.

Or, we address what is currently an issue and have it be if in the future someone can explain why there is a need to protest on site during a funeral then it can be rescinded.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 7:17pm

wontgetmycatnip

wontgetmycatnip

95 posts

None, really. However, I don't think that applies to location. There is really no reason that anyone needs to protest on site during a funeral.

So what authority do you believe has both the right and the necessary insight to decide in which areas free speech should be suspended?

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 11:17pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

I'll only sign it if they add Catholicism and Christianity to the list. Seeing as, you know, they have largely the same beliefs just put a little nicer.

Where do you the think fringe groups get their ideals, hmm?

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 2:29am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,417 posts

Little thing...

Am I incorrect to believe that if this was, say, an American-Islamic group protesting the same way (protesting homosexuals, military, Jews, Lady Gaga, etc) then the general populous would have a much bigger issue with it?

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 11:01am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Of  course. People would be outraged that those {insert slur here} were mucking around in 'our country.' Simply just for not subscribing to the 'normal' and 'right' religion.
It wouldn't even matter what they were being radical about. They could say that god hate kittens  because people eat celery, or that several copies of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie..." need to be burned for some stupid reason.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 11:17am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,208 posts

I'll only sign it if they add Catholicism and Christianity to the list. Seeing as, you know, they have largely the same beliefs just put a little nicer.

Funny, I don't see Catholics going around calling everyone evil, rather, every other branch of Christianity calls US evil. (that is us, not United States)

Perhaps they should add Jack Chick to the list.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 11:42am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

History speaks volumes about the Catholic church. Simply saying that the church does not openly admit to or speak about their past atrocities/current (Read: same as always) beliefs changed nothing.
Besides, the Catholic church has become more of a pandering diplomatic institution as opposed to an actual church these days. They've spent ages to put themselves in the good graces of nations across the world.
Yet I don't want to change the direction of the conversation.

The point is that with everything taken in account, they are not very different.

Reply to Westboro baptist church (Sign the petition)

You must be logged in to post a reply!