ForumsWEPRwhy are christians misjudged?

56 14329
Godspeed11
Godspeed11
53 posts
Nomad

I'm a good Christian and i have friends that arent believers. every time i say something they try to improve or start an argument of some sort. they think christians are loco and have no lives. but their wrong i wish i could tell them the truth but they never listen i wish some of the nonbeleivers on armor games would look to christ

• 56 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

It isn't rare Ash. I am a Christian and I believe that as long as homosexual people are happy, then they are the same as anyone else. I am surprised that you only know of one.....
Also Ash, if someone was a true Christian, they would accept somone's choices in life. Let me ask you, are you happy with your status? If you're happy than we should all be happy, but I hate to say that even Christians follow their own religion wrong.....

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

They probably don't think you are loco, they probably just don't like it when you talk about it. It could be that the topic makes them feel uncomfortable. Personally, I only have a problem when other people try to force their beliefs on me. Perhaps they saw you talking about it as a message from you that they are wrong for not believing in Christ. They could take offense to this.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I would take offense if someone said I am dead wrong for what I believe. I'm not going to force something like a religion down anyone's throat. This is just so delicate to play around with, that I don't really want to try and convert anyone. If you are open to change, then I would try, but you can't go out and start pointing out the wrong-doers.

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

I am a Christian and I am never misjudge. People like me for who I am.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I am a Christian and I am never misjudge. People like me for who I am.

Younger kids tend to be pretty cruel with judging sometimes. There are a lot of things that will get you beat up in middle school that people would not harass you about later in life.
Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

Well, very true Carlie. But I have never seen/heard about anybody that was beaten up because of their belief.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Then you haven't seen anything. I have seen Jews being beat up, just because of their belief. It is a cruel world out there, Wittman. Maybe you were lucky enough to experience these things, but it is out there....

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

8 Shiites Say Saudi Religious Police Beat Them
Christians face Christmas beatings, church burnings
Its all over the place. People are always getting judged for their beliefs.

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

Well Estel and Carlie, it is the Jewish and Islam religion that people are getting beat up. Not the Christian religion. I mean, I feel bad for them but still, we are talking about Christians being misjudged, not Jew's and Islams.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

*puts in my two cents*

My girlfriend abuses me because I am of Jewish decent.

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

If you is your girlfriend and see makes fun of you then why are you still able to date her.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I think it is more of a loving banter that she means I'm sure.

And yes, people do get abused for being Christian. One of those articles was about Christians being abused.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Also, there are alot more Christians (I think) than any other religion. With this being said, there are alot less people abusing Christians, since alot of people already are. And if you think about it, if any religion is doing the abusing, it is usually Christians.

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

I think that yes, Christians do have a majority in the world of religion, but I don't think it's them who have doing the majority of the abuse. It may appear that way because there are more people to abuse. If you thought of it as a percentage rather than a tally you would find that Christians don't abuse other religions nearly as much. Now, I'm sure that there are good people in every faith, but I think that atheists would rank higher, just because almost every atheist I've met has something to say about challenging the authenticity of god and all of the things that fall into that category.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

most of my cristian friends always try to convert me,trying to get me to church and there was a lady who came to my house to persuade my family to go to the church,trying to get us to convert.

it's frigging uncool,irritating.

and my christian friends joined for the sake of acting "cool" because they were those who dun really belive in gods,just to act 'cool' in the school,

actually i don't really dislike christianity

but i some sort feel irritated when i'm confronted to convert.

the way they ask me to , is the same as forcing me to.
like forsaking friendships if i'm not joining,but i don't really care.

i have the freedom to chose and belive.

i was in a catholic kindergarten and a catholic primary school,but my then friend did not even talked about religion, no talks about converting either,but now,i'm in a neighbourhood school(a lousy one )

and my friends are those who have not really understand christianity.they were all joining for the sake of friends and acting cool,so they know nothing about cristians,one thing they know is the way to the church though.

i'm sure many people have been asked in my class to convert,therefore on a large scale,maybe lots of people are irritated,those have have stern beliefs will be even more irritated

Showing 16-30 of 56