ForumsWEPRwhy are christians misjudged?

56 14327
Godspeed11
Godspeed11
53 posts
Nomad

I'm a good Christian and i have friends that arent believers. every time i say something they try to improve or start an argument of some sort. they think christians are loco and have no lives. but their wrong i wish i could tell them the truth but they never listen i wish some of the nonbeleivers on armor games would look to christ

• 56 Replies
gunnar
gunnar
65 posts
Nomad

your not riddiculed at all!!! look at the jewish people in the holocost, or the christians torturing and killing inocent people in witch burnings millions (no exageration) people were killed in christian "holy" doings. im not saying that other religions r better. and i dont hate christians.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

witch burnings? millions? gunnar you are sadly mistaken...in u.s. history there was like 20, and in world history i highly doubt that its over a couple thousand.
Look Here

Read
Read the part halfway down saying "how many died"

These say 50,000 roundabout...

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I did read that the European witch burns are estimated at 35,000 give or take.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

yes but it is still a big number.

look at the jewish people in the holocost,

I agree with this statement as even though Christians go in for a lot of stick its because they give other reilgions a lot of stick. Lots of hard line christians hate all other religions and races. so judge not lest ye be judged.
gunnar
gunnar
65 posts
Nomad

sorry i must have read an incorrect writing, but the number is still a lot

gunnar
gunnar
65 posts
Nomad

Witch-hunts today

Few people are aware that witch-hunts still claim thousands of lives every year, especially in the countries of sub-Saharan Africa, and above all in South Africa.

thats taken from the link eyetwitch put in on "read" after the amount of people killed
ricki24
ricki24
4 posts
Nomad

Well, I am a Christian, but with friends I know who are not Christian, I try not to push anything. Now, to my friends who are Christians, we talk freely and openly about it. If others hear us and wish to argue, my friends and I tell them we don't want a fight. To those who hear us and want to hear more, we let them join in on the conversation. And that's about it.

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

@shermzx If you're seriously interested in a religion that promotes vegetarianism and non-violence I'd recommend looking at Hinduism.

@Wittman One of my major problems with most Christian schools of thought is that they don't try to understand other religions and often don't let their children make their own choices about religion by not letting them understand that there is a choice. Your 'hippie' response to shermzx earlier demonstrates that. This bugs me mainly because it's my personal opinion that you can't change the minds of others of engage in meaningful dialog about anything important (including religion) without first understanding the perspective of who you're trying to talk to.

In reference to the millions of deaths from Christianity. While I don't think there have been millions of deaths from witch hunts it wouldn't surprise me if the Church and Christianity as a whole were responsible for hundreds of thousands if not millions of deaths when you look at it historically with things like the inquisitions and the crusades and all of the deaths that they caused, not to mention the destruction of all of the scientific advances made by the Muslim world up to those point. However it's important to recognize that the Holocaust was not a result of Christianity in any way, Hitler did some bad things but none of that was because of religion, he was just mentally deranged or something.

Like all subjects, especially on these boards for some reason, it's impossible to pass judgments on an entire group. There are 'bad' Christians that hurt the image of Christianity as a whole (priest sex scandals, over-zealous conversion practices by some groups) but in my experience most Christians are good, 'normal' people who aren't at all crazed and constantly trying to get me to convert. In fact, I'd say on average most religious people are slightly less crazy then I am, which has to be a good thing,

noobking
noobking
301 posts
Nomad

i dont think chritans are i think jews are.
if jesus was supposed to be the king of the jews why do chritstans worship him.
jews think he was just a man .
wats up with that

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

Anyway,can anyone post some of the good value christianity promote?

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Not to insult your religion but most people think Christians are judgmental. There are good Christians out there but people just think they are not as accepting of others. It is kind of like how African Americans are misjudged because people think they always commit crime. Really, we all need to stop judging and grouping people.

Showing 46-56 of 56